• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they put it in early access if it was already released on EGS?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
In other, totally not related with PC at all, news, only 1 month left of summer in the northern hemisphere. Man does time fly.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to come to Steam when it left EA?

maybe running of funds? i still think that games on Epic probably suffer after launch due to lack of visibility - theres no activity feed, no gifting, no cross promotional advertising when looking at the store pages, and Youtube (the outsourced discovery mechanism that Sergey kept propping up) is really unreliable for ensuring the game is still in the spotlight.

plast

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally started Metal Wolf Chaos, and it got me good before the game even booted. My firewall told me that wilson.exe wanted to connect to the internet and I just lost it.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Not Owning Transistor = Banned
source.gif

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Transistor was OK. not my kind of game, but it deserves it's praise due to its customization options.

Also Brigmore Witches DLC, I like it way more than the first one so far. Final area's bound to drive me nuts I worry though xp

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Transistor was OK. not my kind of game, but it deserves it's praise due to its customization options.

Also Brigmore Witches DLC, I like it way more than the first one so far. Final area's bound to drive me nuts I worry though xp
Draper's Ward is the best level in all of Dishonored, though.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
So I signed up for game pass and updated to the lastest verison of windows and I'm currently getting an error screen after clicking on Metro Exodus as I want to install it. Has anyone else encourted this same issue ?

Recore works just fine I had no problem adding that to my download queue

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Fanatical's new Star Deal is Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Edition. I'm presuming this is the one with all the tombs from the Season Pass, since it's full price is a hefty 120 CAD.

Is the game worth it at 64% off?

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Fanatical's new Star Deal is Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Edition. I'm presuming this is the one with all the tombs from the Season Pass, since it's full price is a hefty 120 CAD.

Is the game worth it at 64% off?

I only bought the base game but I enjoyed my time with it. I felt Eidos Montreal did a pretty job with making it feel more like a Tomb Raider as the puzzles are more complex than the ones in the previous two games. You can also adjust how difficult you want the combat, puzzles and traversal elements are. I personally set combat to easy and puzzles and traversal to hard.

The story and characters aren't all that great but they are serviceable enough.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I was thinking of picking up a 2070 Super, but my local Microcenter had the Gigabyte Windforce OC 2080 for $560 new so I got that. It must have been some weird clearance - the non OC 2080 was like $110 more.

Sorry just had to brag about my find :).

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

It does, but I don't think I've ever played a game that felt so repetitive in such a short timespan. It took less then 4h for me to beat it, but environments and the battle encounters lacked variety.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Dying Light 1 is a little tempting if only because I would be playing a popular game I hadn't before.
Thing is is that it is First Person view and I would've preferred it if the game had a 3rd person view option.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The only game I am actually interested of the EGS exclusives (as of now) is Satisfactory, but I am honestly surprised at how little FOMO I feel about EGS games. I just have too many games (and a lot of interesting games are launching every month) that i am quickly becoming insensitive to the launch hype.

I already only felt it for a small number of games (such as 4x or Pokemon) but now, wit more disposable income, it is more "impulse buy" to play them rather than FOMO when I buy on hype (as in I wouldnt be sad if i didnt buy it).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The only game I am actually interested of the EGS exclusives (as of now) is Satisfactory, but I am honestly surprised at how little FOMO I feel about EGS games. I just have too many games (and a lot of interesting games are launching every month) that i am quickly becoming insensitive to the launch hype.

I already only felt it for a small number of games (such as 4x or Pokemon) but now, wit more disposable income, it is more "impulse buy" to play them rather than FOMO when I buy on hype (as in I wouldnt be sad if i didnt buy it).

I have no interest to get any new game that will be out by the end of the year. That is why I delayed GPU purchase and focused on improving my home energy efficiency XD I have huge backlog and I play those games. They run great on my hardware and I am saving money for better things. That is why i don't care too much for Epic Store Exclusive games.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Because i've been playing so much on consoles lately, the EGS scenario thankfully hasn't impacted me very much. Mainly since they haven't touched Japanese titles thankfully. Shenmue 3 is the only real exception and i've yet to play 1 and 2. My knowledge of the series is this one video

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
It's kind of funny to me that in this time of EGS exclusives the first exclusive to irk me is Orcs Must Die! 3, which is Stadia exclusive...

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno, Bastion was ok (when its was new), but Transistor turns to be out artsy-fartsy stuff with very monotonous gameplay. Hades does not changed much in these aspects, i guess

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean like Bastion, it was serviceable when it was released (2011?) but doing same shit again in 2020 only with added rogue elements is kinda lame. But game still have very cool art-design, don't know if this will be enough lol

It doesn't play much like Bastion either.....

I mean, the word of mouth about the game is pretty much universally positive. People aren't playing an early access game for the art design.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They tried something more different with Pyre and no one bought the bloody thing, so I don't necessarily blame them for going back to isometric hack n slash. I didn't gel with Transistor's turn-based-esque gameplay but I respect what it was going for.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They tried something more different with Pyre and no one bought the bloody thing, so I don't necessarily blame them for going back to isometric hack n slash. I didn't gel with Transistor's turn-based-esque gameplay but I respect what it was going for.

I got Pyre gifted to me and I just couldn't get into it. It's a decent MP game, but the SP story just really feels out of place for what the gameplay is.
I think I would've preferred a legitimate VN.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got Pyre gifted to me and I just couldn't get into it. It's a decent MP game, but the SP story just really feels out of place for what the gameplay is.
I think I would've preferred a legitimate VN.

I respect their attempts at making a competitive gameplay loop that didn't boil down to "kill all the bad guys", even if I wasn't very good at it. The whole structure of the second half of the game and the fact that losing never meant a game over (it's just a sport after all) felt really refreshing, and it was frustrating when early impressions were coming out and way too many people were already stuck in the "Ugh, sportsball" mentality.

Fair play to anyone who gave it a shot and didn't enjoy it though, I understand where a lot of the complaints come from. I've just always viewed Supergiant as being able to deliver the full package, satisfying and unique gameplay with top-tier presentation, and I really hope Hades ends up more of a success for them than Pyre.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Against my better judgement, I'm currently downloading Metro Exodus off PC Game Pass. I have heard many difficulties people have had in getting it to run well (or at all) but between my strategy game burn-out and Slay the Spire driving me up the wall, I've got nothing much to play between now and The Surge 2.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not Owning Transistor = Banned
I own Transistor. I found it absolutely hateful, I didn't think they could make a worse narrator than Bastion, they did. I stopped after a couple of levels and never went back. I also find the DA of Hades laughable, though only based on the first screen they showed initially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.