• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Valve learning from the best:

EGS: Steam took additional measures and you can no longer activate keys using VPNs.

Nintendo: Valve has implemented friend codes as primary way of adding friends.

tFu7XIu.png

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is just funny how Ubisoft would rather give The Settlers Collection for free than sell it on Steam.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I need help with Knife of Dunwall mission 3
Using save scumming and proper blinking, I managed to hide Overseer Hume, find his attack plans, and save all 4 allies. So far I hadn't killed anyone.
I got the plans last but now there is no marker for my next objective :/
The game states I need to take out 8 overseers so is that what I should be doing? Hunt down the 8 overseers and subdue them?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Tomorrow:

I am waiting for the first reviews to check whether the game is all about the male protagonist and his affairs. Hopefully not, or the story twists ought to be good.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Last edited:

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Played Sorcery Saga. Still trying to forget it.

Did like Sword of the Stars: The Pit from the little I tried a while back

Also has a demo too.

Oh man, Sword of the Stars the Pit is a game I love to hate. It has a really good premise and it then slooowly grinds your will to continue to dust, but not before like 3-4h into a run kind of like Dungeons of Dredmor x10. Very much a lesson in limiting the scope of your roguelites.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Valve learning from the best:

Nintendo: Valve has implemented friend codes as primary way of adding friends.

tFu7XIu.png
I mean, I get why friend codes are OK (and heck, having a friend link invite is nice) as they serve to avoid getting spammed with invites and other stuff, but they really need to still need to improve sending invites when playing online in games!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to that Alienware arena code giveaway I've been enjoying gamepass the last several days. Early favorites so far are Wolfenstein 2 and Operencia. Everspace was kind of disappointing for me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ack
seems one of my captured allies was killed in the mission so o would ned to restart :s
Will do the next dlc instead this mission is too stressful xp

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I sorta forced myself to start Pyre earlier this year because it didnt seem that interesting initially, but soon enough it grew on me .
Also, im sure no one will be surprised its eye watering pretty . Every frame can be printed out for a poster easily .

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Hello, wasn't sure if we had a thread for monitors so I'll ask here. Does anyone else have the Dell S2719DGF? If so, how is it? I see it has good reviews but I've also read that backlight bleed is common in this model.

Would also appreciate any 1440p monitor recommendations. Thanks!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Have played a bunch of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I decided to use M/KB instead of the controller, which was how I played TR2013. I really suck at aiming with a controller, so using a mouse makes all the combat so much easier :')

So far I like it a lot more than the previous one. The locations are far more interesting, and I'm enjoying just running around, scavenging, exploring. I finished the Baba Yaga DLC and that was kinda neat. Nothing really exceptional though. That's been my general feeling about the game. Better than the previous one but nothing you've not seen or done before elsewhere.

One thing that's really been irking me, however, is heavy aliasing. None of the options (FXAA, SMAA and SSAA) are capable of eliminating the crazy amount of aliasing from the numerous objects in the world, geometry and the specular (?) effects on them. It's really jarring. I'm sure if I downsample from a high enough resolution, it'd do the trick but even 1440p to 1080p looks bad. I can't really go any higher.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
Hello, wasn't sure if we had a thread for monitors so I'll ask here. Does anyone else have the Dell S2719DGF? If so, how is it? I see it has good reviews but I've also read that backlight bleed is common in this model.

I picked up two of these up during black friday last year. Pretty good except not IPS. Gsync if you're rockin' Nvidia.

Oct 25, 2017
Me after the Grand Prix Sale: "I shouldn't buy any more new games this year"
The world right after:
>Minoria
>Eliza
>River City Girls
>Indivisible
>Hades
>Blasphemous
>Metal Wolf Chaos
>Grandia HD
>Oninaki
>Children of Morta
>Creature in the Well
>Neo Cab
>Warsaw
>TSA
>Blacksad
>SamSho
>Monkey Ball HD
>Necrobarista
>Blazing Chrome

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
I also resisted a couple of sales since then but yeah, not resisting Transistor. I've been super hype to finally play it after finishing the GOAT Pyre earlier this year.

Unrelated, but this trailer is SO dramatic lol:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I still think its a bit strange how Dusk Diver only has 117 reviews on Steam, while its actually a really nice game. Its Musou meets Persona and plays quite well imo and I personally thought it had a far bigger appeal.
They are asking quite the price for an EA game that most (even the positive ones) reviews are saying it's short/repetitive and has bugs. Lack of language support probably doesn't help.

A launch discount + cards and achievements can give it a decent boost, I guess.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
JUMP FORCE got a 1gb update earlier today , since then everyone who played Online got banned :D

stay clear of the game for now

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It alrready has almost 4K reviews and it reached 35K concurrent players.

Too bad that THQ Nordic bought them so they probably won't work on a sequel.

Remnant is the second game in the IP (first is a VR game called Chronos that Perfect World didn't have anything to do with)) so I'd bet they own the IP.

Even if they don't, it clearly seems to be their biggest hit yet so we'd at worst, get a spiritual successor.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Remnant is the second game in the IP (first is a VR game called Chronos that Perfect World didn't have anything to do with)) so I'd bet they own the IP.

Even if they don't, it clearly seems to be their biggest hit yet so we'd at worst, get a spiritual successor.

We will see. It is just kinda sad that they made real hit and clearly better game than Darksiders 3 and then got bought. I just hope that THQ will give them enough money to do something great again.

BTW i forgot to praise amazing OST that Far Cry 5 has. Especially Choir tracks

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019

I returned one because colors were really washed out in comparison with my 130$ old ips from 2011.

Check out the acer xf270hua, it's one of the best 1440p/144Hz monitor.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yup, I certainly expect more of that kind of response from any and all egsclusives that also end up on steam.

As an aside, the alienware code for gamepass doesn't expire right? I got the code but I don't think I'm going to activate it just yet, nothing there right now that I would like to try or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.