• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's that time again, send in your contributions for next month's OT.

98tT02E.png

Some notable releases next month include..
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • Gears 5
  • Greedfall
  • The Surge 2
  • CODE VEIN
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Borderlands 3
  • FIFA 20
  • NBA 2k20

gK65o0a.png

• Nothing Yet!

JIfmoDo.png

• Dishonoured 2 - Uzzy

Oct 26, 2017
I used to have a desk chair with a seat that was covered in this mesh with holes in it. The amount of crumbs, dust and other stuff that got caught in there was surreal. Be very careful 😅
It shipped with some adhesive grip skin that you can use to cover most of the holes, which I think I'm going to use because I want it to be slightly bigger physically (it's a prettyt small mouse). Still holes on the bottom, but so long as I keep my mouse mat clean (lately I've been unleashing a lint roller on it whenever I see any sort of debris, and that's actually been a tremendous lifehack) that shouldn't be an issue, and there are some holes on LMB and RMB but I think if I blow it out every once in a while with an air compressor I should be good.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ghostrunner does look great.

Downloading Rise of the Tomb Raider despite being lukewarm on TR2013. Even bought the season pass. I can't explain it. Watched a video and it looked like some lessons were learned from the previous one, so there's that. One of the additions from the season pass was described as Gone Home-like. Neat.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Ghostrunner does look great.

Downloading Rise of the Tomb Raider despite being lukewarm on TR2013. Even bought the season pass. I can't explain it. Watched a video and it looked like some lessons were learned from the previous one, so there's that. One of the additions from the season pass was described as Gone Home-like. Neat.

Blood Ties, the 'Gone Home' esque exploration of Croft Manor, is my highlight from the entire trilogy. It's genuinely good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
apparently Blasphemous comes out end of September according to the Switch Indies video

This one.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
meh, the only (AFAIK) new game announced at that Nindies thing, The Touryst, probably isn't coming to PC. oh well

Creature in the Well is out Sept. 6. slightly later than I expected but whatever

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how one company can suddenly end all joy I have about new game announcements.

I've basically made peace with the idea that any random title I'm hyped for may get pushed 12 months.

In the big scheme of things it really doesn't alter my gaming diet as I never have enough time to play everything of interest in the first place.

I've found it's much better for my mental health not to get caught up in the drama. I just continue to enjoy what's on my plate, knowing that there's a long trail of great stuff to be had right here, right now regardless of the high-profile titles nabbed by EGS.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just seems weird that people want that kind of visual fidelity from a game like that. <shrug>
When I tried the mod it makes the game look amazing. And I would say that the blocky design of Minecraft is quite nice looking (not with the original graphics pack tho), but I am a fan of that kind of semi minimalistic style.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
When I tried the mod it makes the game look amazing. And I would say that the blocky design of Minecraft is quite nice looking (not with the original graphics pack tho), but I am a fan of that kind of semi minimalistic style.

I like the Minecraft visuals too, though I'm not a fan of some of the titles that sprang up where the aesthetic doesn't work as well.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ewert told PCGamesInsider.biz that Valve is constantly developing new tools to provide developers with the data and information that they need to make smart decisions, sometimes based on specific requests from studios themselves.

"That was ultimately what I was trying to say [at White Nights 18]," Ewert said.

"Unfortunately, out of the 45-minute presentation I gave there, the one soundbite that came out was: 'There's going to be a SteamSpy from Steam!'. We have constantly been working on ways to improve the way that developers can make smart decisions based on the data that they see and give them better ways to make those decisions. Ultimately, that's the only way we'll make money. It's a very self-serving thing to do. There's no specific product that you can expect from us at this specific moment in time."

Steam designer Alden Kroll added: There's not a concentrated set of features that we're rolling out together to try and accomplish that. It's more individual: 'Oh, we hear from developers that they want to know more about what countries their Wishlisters are in, so we should add more information so they can understand who is Wishlisting their game, where they live and what languages they should support.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey season pass is finally discounted outside of Steam. 50% off at Fanatical and GMG, and I suppose both have discount codes available for it as well. AUGUST12 for GMG, FANATICAL10 for Fanatical.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally, BPM is also being redesigned, and I'd put money on that being why the client beta window has slipped so egregiously. Undoubtedly, odds are the impending beta will focus on the desktop client, but I would think the idea is to develop a UI-agnostic baseline, especially in light of the relatively recent decision to retire Steam Link hardware in favour of expanding the idea more broadly at the software level.
I also haven't heard of this before. Thank god, it really does need a rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.