• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Joe replied in the comments

Hey guys, I see that a lot of you are upset that Boogie is in the video, many of you are dogpiling after watching a youtube video on the "downfall of boogie's channel" or whatever, but OJ, Del and I don't abandon people just because someone makes a youtube drama video on them. We met boogie years ago, he's a good dude who says some stupid shit sometimes and makes mistakes - He knows that. But I'm not going to turn my back on someone who maybe going through a hard time. Boogie hasn't murdered anyone as far as I know, he just needs some advice and guidance and to learn from his mistakes, especially on how to deal with being an online personality and having all aspects of his live in the public eye. You guys are free to downvote the video if you feel the need to but we aren't going to turn our backs on someone because of mob hate mentality. ((*Edit*)) I see some of you trying to say we are "backing his behavior" or "backing this or that", we aren't - none of us backs or supports every mistake boogie has made. We also think many if the things shown were stupid and awful decisions. But to say we are responsible or think everything a friend does is okay is ridiculous, I'm sure you don't support every single action your friends have taken in the past yet you are still friends. I would hope that if you were in a similar situation, you would give your friends a chance, talk to them, hang out with them, give them advice - instead of turning your back and excommunicating them. Or at least make an attempt, which we are. We've talked with boogie, given him some advice and its up to him how to proceed in the future. Sorry if this upset many of you.

Not sure how I feel

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
aI4ifcr.png

To make things clear Release Date Announcement trailer for game was released on July 27th. And Epic contacted developer AFTER that. They really are shameless at this point. And on top of that they refused to sell his game if it is not exclusive. This is the game in question.

this could make a fun thread

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I've been avoiding Joe ever since I was shown the tweets of him celebrating and praising JonTron's return after his hiatus of exposing himself as a racist.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a Dicey Dungeon video from giantbomb and I am kicking myself for not picking it up when I had some spare funds back then. Gonna pick it up as soon as I can the next time.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
With the hype around Ion Fury, I've been meaning to catch up on some classic shooters I've missed.

Duke Nukem 3D... I hear conflicting things.
I've seen some say it's one of the greatest fps alongside games like DOOM, and others say it was never that good.

What do you all think?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I should give Dreadout another shot with 2 coming out within the next year, was janky enough at launch that I doubt it'll feel that much worse even 6 years later lol

Anyone play Anodyne 2 yet? Looks like a massive step up from the first game and the child of zelda and Yume Nikki. Mixes 3d overworlds with 2d levels this time

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Duke 3d was never good.

Play heretic instead. Or blood. Or rise of the triad.

Those are good.

To use your post as a jumping-off point, Duke3D and Quake complement each other, really. Duke3D made up for its "flat" map design with its interactivity, and Quake vice-versa. Whenever I think of Quake 2, though, I think of PC PowerPlay's review in which it criticised id for failing to marry the strengths of Duke3D with those of Quake, and I've always agreed with that assessment. Quake 2 is a fantastic game in its own right, but it also represented the fact the the greatest stride id had made in user agency in the year since Quake was the ability to shoot glass windows and explosive barrels.

Edit: Also, Quake 3 > Unreal Tournament. ;)

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Duke 3d was never good.

Play heretic instead. Or blood. Or rise of the triad.

Those are good.

Nah, Duke3D was good, after replaying all the build engine stuff recently I do think Blood is actually probably the most consistent of those. Most of the Build Engine games have a couple of good levels but eventually devolve into a bunch of confusing mazes with tons of enemies.

Rise of the Triad was never good outside the novelty/gore.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
it's been a couple years but I'm not gonna lie I'm kinda surprised so many people apparently didn't like rise of the triad

i always thought it was pretty fun

heretic was always my favorite though

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
One of these days, I'll open my eyes and it'll be a world where Heretic 2 is on GOG and co.

Also: Hexen 2 > Heretic 2 > Hexen > Heretic.

Edit: The world map for Heretic 2 was, IIRC, my first exposure to a sprawling and indicative map that wasn't Doom, Demon's Crest, or a "hub" world a la Super Mario. Completing the first level, having no idea what I was getting into, only to realise the map displayed at the beginning wasn't exactly a loading screen but an actual map was pretty mindblowing to little ol' me.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see they have a limit for how far they're willing to defend a friend, though I think you could probably draw the line before murder.
Famous Youtuber Actually Commits Murder

"Well you know guys you're just missing the context I know this person they're good people and I'm not just going to abandon a friend like that"

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I played Doom 1 and Duke Nukem 3D for the first time about a year ago.

I think Doom 1 is a good, timeless game.

I think Duke Nukem is terrible.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Duke 3D. I think I played all of it in the bathroom on my Vita? Don't remember very much about the game but it was a decent time waster.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
"Playing vita in the bathroom" is code for jacking it rite?
It's from the International Men's Code of Bowel Movements.

Just shitting - All is well
Playing on phone - Minor constipation
Playing on Vita - Medium constipation
Playing on Switch - Survivor, toilet edition
Playing on an actual console with a mirror on the door - Epic runs

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Don't make me redownload SFV just to beat down Shadow Lady with Chun-Li, damn it Capcom!

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I started playing Forza Horizons 4 last night on the Game Pass. The only racing/driving game I have played before is Mario Kart but Forza is straight crack cocaine.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Blood has too many hitscan enemies, at least in Heretic you can dodge incoming attacks

I find the new port has some issues with this. Definitely get nailed for huge damage more often than nBlood or the original.

Still not great to have high damage hitscanners, but in the recent port the enemies seem to attack more quickly, do closer to max damage, and their aim is way too good.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
With the hype around Ion Fury, I've been meaning to catch up on some classic shooters I've missed.

Duke Nukem 3D... I hear conflicting things.
I've seen some say it's one of the greatest fps alongside games like DOOM, and others say it was never that good.

What do you all think?

Duke Nukem 3D is one of the greatest FPS of all time, but there are better FPS.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Almost missed my Steam birthday:

steamyears1502_80.png

Unlocked yesterday at 8:29 pm

Why did I create a Steam account that day? That's when the pre-load for the Counter-Strike: Source beta started. Yes Steam had pre-loads in 2004

Oct 30, 2017

Never thought I would see this again, Come on Baby is coming to Steam. I remember it being in the Simple 2000 series on PS2 in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.