• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I think in the future, I'll replay Alpha Protocol, only this time aiming for a more proper relationship pattern. For one thing, I'll make four eyes my handler for the remainder of the game.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
zQttLJa.png

S44iD4G.png

GaFKeLV.png

Finally done with this after 69 hours, at least until the final DLC comes out (if it ever comes out) Official rankings are Shadow > TR2013 > Rise. I hate these games so much. Ask me anything.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of paranoia about Xenonauts 2. Unfounded, imo. Just need to check the Steam Discussions for the game

Xenonauts-2 Release Date & Xsolla Pre-Orders

Our original target for the Early Access launch was in March, but as I explained in my previous post, we were forced to delay this because the game simply isn't yet good enough for a general Early Access release.

We're working hard on getting the game ready for Early Access, and we've also set up an external pre-order method for people who missed our Kickstarter but really want access to our Closed Beta. However, I'd only recommend this to our most hardcore fans (details on that below).

We are currently not sure what the Early Access release date for Xenonauts 2 will be. Our internal target is still the end of June 2019 but this may slip further back if the game requires more work than expected, or if progress is slower than expected.

Until we launch into Early Access and start posting updates here, the best places to track the progress of the game (which is actually fairly fast) are:
Additionally, we've now set up Xsolla pre-orders[www.xenonauts.com] so that anyone who is really keen to support the project or play our beta builds can do so. This will grant either a Steam or GOG key as soon as we launch into Early Access, but in the meantime you'll be receiving the builds via Xsolla (sadly we can't sell Steam keys until the game is on sale on Steam).

However, be aware that you'd be buying a game that isn't properly playable yet. Unless you're a hardcore Xenonauts fan I suspect you'd be better off just wishlisting the game on Steam and purchasing when we launch into Early Access, as you'll get a much more polished experience.

Either way, we're grateful for your interest in the project and we apologize for the delays.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone who follows Xenonaut 2 development should know the game is no way near feature complete to justify big EA release any time soon.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

I needed something to do. I needed to confirm for myself what I liked and didn't like about these games. Also photomode.

Why do you hate them?

Because the Tomb Raider series was a big part of my childhood and it's immensely frustrating how close to brilliant this series is, but is far less than the sum of its parts. There's parts I love about it. Lara feels great to play and control, and you can get some real fluidity to the movement, but the actual traversal around the world has no challenge when you're having to go somewhere. You're following the exact path the devs lay out for you and if you deviate from it even a fraction you die instantly. There's no ability for the player to be creative with the traversal. Lara's characterisation is pretty well done, she's not some wise-cracking sarcastic quipster (hi Nathan!) but has actual depth and fears and emotions about things. Not that there's anything wrong with wise-cracking sarcastic quipsters (hi Kassandra!) but it's a nice change of pace, and shows that the writers at least wanted to do something different. It's a shame then that the story surrounding Lara is such a disjointed mess of ideas and themes. Rise is the worst in this, which focuses more on Lara's father, Richard Croft, which is not want I'm playing a bloody Tomb Raider game for. The combat is fine I guess, but felt very typical of the third person action genre. There's a part at the beginning of Rise where you get to explore an area and learn the terrain, then have to deal with a squad of Trinity soldiers that have moved into the area. That's actually the best combat section in the game, as it forces you to act as a guerrilla, you're outnumbered but you know the land and can take them out from concealed positions using just your bow and rocks. More combat like that would have been great, but it's the only time they do it in the entire series. Either do that, or take away all the guns and force Lara to rely on her bow, axes and ingenuity with items to get through combat. Or mix in combat with traversal around the terrain, have people chasing you while you swing through the trees.

I want the games to be better, and I hope the dev teams get to keep on this path rather than having to reboot it again (4th iteration anyone?) whenever the next Tomb Raider releases. Rather than having different silos of story, combat, exploration, mix them together, make them better than the whole. Uncharted 4 managed it.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

Yeah I bounced off these newer TR after the first one. I played the second for a bit but It just didnt grab me. They have high production value, obviously a lot of work and love goes into them but the overall experience seems way to linear and bland for me. Not to say that i dont enjoy linear games but these ones for some reason just dont really do it for me.

Hey, I completed Arkham Oranges today so add me to the list please. Overall its still a lot of fun. Everything except the Bane fights. I didnt do much of the side missions, just powered through the main story. Tis a good story, nice christmas setting. Graphics hold up ok, not brilliant but not bad. Could run it at 4k 60fps everything up to 11.

I started up Arkham Knight and ended up playing for a couple of hours. That is a good looking game. As much as I like Origins I think Knight is the best one. Maybe because i actually dont mind the Bat-mobile! It's just more of everything.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

New game from the creators of "Cultist Simulator" (as well as writter for Sunless Sea). I guess I will Uzzy cause he still hasnt wishlisted it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is still demanding. I barely can get 60FPS on 8700K and 1060 6GB with some settings on medium.

Y'all are smart PC people, aren't ya? So, I'm dumb, and I'd like some input on me and Abzu.
Seems the game is already famous for having framerate issues, it was unplayable for me without this fix.
But there still remains some little stutter, whatever I try. Even putting the settings to LOW does nothing - or at least not noticeable.
Last thing I did was updating nvidia manually with that recent security fix (while searching via Windows it told me, there would be no new one.)
And I enabled Triple Buffering via the nvidida control panel, although I read, it doesn't work like that with games like this.
Well, as I said before, I'm dumb, and usually just play along with whatever. (Loved iit a lot anyway.) But it's kinda still bugging me.
Can someone at least explain me? <.<

(i7, 1060 6GB, 16 RAM just for the record - game should purr.)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are smart PC people, aren't ya? So, I'm dumb, and I'd like some input on me and Abzu.
Seems the game is already famous for having framerate issues, it was unplayable for me without this fix.
But there still remains some little stutter, whatever I try. Even putting the settings to LOW does nothing - or at least not noticeable.
Last thing I did was updating nvidia manually with that recent security fix (while searching via Windows it told me, there would be no new one.)
And I enabled Triple Buffering via the nvidida control panel, although I read, it doesn't work like that with games like this.
Well, as I said before, I'm dumb, and usually just play along with whatever. (Loved iit a lot anyway.) But it's kinda still bugging me.
Can someone at least explain me? <.<

(i7, 1060 6GB, 16 RAM just for the record - game should purr.)

Some games just aren't optimized very well. You can see it in Subnautica at times as well.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just went through opening section of Sleeping Dogs in both versions (Original and Definitive) and i don't know what to think. Definitive Edition has more physics and destructible objects but it is kinda more bright. Also to me it looks like lighting is bit better in Original version.

Original

oeWiElP.png

Definitive

Ex0UgdG.png

Originial

7HIo1dV.png

Definitive

jTj7Htk.png

Original

YwPxIug.png

Definitive

7wpIO9w.png

Original

VkIYbSA.png

Definitive

G4I77iC.png

Original

PjEsRHr.png

Definitive

7dj0uS6.png

Original

cjXP9kw.png

Definitive

h2TWFrj.png

Original

YaORE5U.png

Definitive

NoJTDPh.png

Original

2ahOWZN.png

Definitive

QP4wHbJ.png

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I just went through opening section of Sleeping Dogs in both versions (Original and Definitive) and i don't know what to think. Definitive Edition has more physics and destructible objects but it is kinda more bright. Also to me it looks like lighting is bit better in Original version.

The waterfront shots don't look good and they have fewer detail. Looks like a cheap fog filter.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I tried getting back into Hitman 2 since I never finished the game despite loving it but apparently there is an issue with RTX cards and the game now randomly crashes every now and then. As if that wasn't bad enough, it makes an SASO run on Master completely impossible and I'm super bummed right now.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I just wanna play more Frostpunk, but work has been so crazy and draining that I don't want to play anything when I get home. I miss my PC and I'm ready for work to slow down so I can get back into gaming.

Cindered

Oct 25, 2017
The lighting differences looks like it's just a brightness slider away from matching up, the mini-map has a different brightness level between the two.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I tried getting back into Hitman 2 since I never finished the game despite loving it but apparently there is an issue with RTX cards and the game now randomly crashes every now and then. As if that wasn't bad enough, it makes an SASO run on Master completely impossible and I'm super bummed right now.

FWIW I had the randomly crashing issue but it stopped once I changed to run the game in DX11 (or 12? The one that's higher)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I overclocked my CPU and GPU a bit and no i can run Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition on almost maxed out settings at 60FPS (SS is one step below max and resolution is increased a bit).

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Any news about the UI refresh for Steam? Is kinda weird having mixed UI design now between the library/store and friends lists.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I overclocked my CPU and GPU a bit and no i can run Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition on almost maxed out settings at 60FPS (SS is one step below max and resolution is increased a bit).

Jesus, I was literally just playing the game now. I have a 2080, but unsatisfied with the performance on extreme. I'm intimidated with overclocking, so the FPS leaves a bit to be desired.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't set AA to Extreme in SD:DE. It runs some crazy high SSAA setting. Not worth it if you don't have a beast of a card.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, I was literally just playing the game now. I have a 2080, but unsatisfied with the performance on extreme. I'm intimidated with overclocking, so the FPS leaves a bit to be desired.

Game uses GPU a lot and not that much of CPU and AA hits FPS the most. Lower AA to high and bump resolution up. That should give you 60+FPS.

dex3108 There is a guide that ups the number of bodies that Dishonored will allow before despawning them

Tnx for that but i already finished DLCs :D I went and finished them before Dishonored 2 and i was careful not to touch enemies where it wasn't needed :D

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
A refund request for one of my Steam purchases has been sitting in queue for over a week now. You guys ever had something like this? Should I file a support ticket?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Damn Sleeping Dogs is so gooooood. Even though i finished it once already i am still blown away.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Am I the only one still having to download my entire workshop mods every time I start up Steam? I thought this would be fixed within a few hours but it's been like that since tuesday (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.