• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of game is Indivisible?
I watched the trailer and seems to part turn based RPG, part action platformer?

Curious about Mutant, and HLD is one of the best games I have ever played - happy people will get to play it!

yT8W8gq.jpg
MYZ is a pretty cool game that get's a bit repetitive at the end due to the stealth aspects.
It's also on Gamepass btw.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
What kind of game is Indivisible?
I watched the trailer and seems to part turn based RPG, part action platformer?

As I understand it, it's an action platformer with a combat system reminiscent of Valkyrie Profile. In combat, you control 4 characters at once through multiple buttons, and by timing when you activate them you can do stuff like combo/juggle enemies, or defend against incoming attacks.

What type of horror game is Detention? I'm interested in that Fanatical bundle but I'm really not into jump scares or that sort of thing. If it's more about mounting tension I might try it out (although I'm still kind of a wuss about that too)
It's more that tension thing instead of jumpscares. I'm not even sure, if it has any from the top of my head. The gameplay seems like a simple PnC Adventure (I've only watched a walkthrough myself), it's more about story and atmosphere with a little bit of easy stealth.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I tried again this morning to launch the game and it let me not only launch it, but continue playing where my last save left of. I'm not trying to game the system, but just a bit confused as to why I can continue to play the game after it's been returned. Should I delete the game manually or just hold on to it and keep it in my library?
Saves are local, so of course if it let you inside the game, it will let you read your past saves (just explaining that is it "not only let me read saves!" but rather something common). I guess the game is not going through Epic certification (maybe it is something with their offline implementation? not sure).
I would say you can keep it (if you wanna continue playing) or just delete it. If you delete it and it is still there, send them a support ticket.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I tried again this morning to launch the game and it let me not only launch it, but continue playing where my last save left of. I'm not trying to game the system, but just a bit confused as to why I can continue to play the game after it's been returned. Should I delete the game manually or just hold on to it and keep it in my library?

I personally would just hold on to it, but I don't want to give you bad advice lol. If you are paranoid about it I'd just try to contact Epic for clarity

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
No major change.

There is a specific GET query for tags, which returns all the 378 store tags, instead of just the ~300 ones which appear in your personalized recommendations.
Otherwise, people would not be able to look for some tags (which would return no recommendation anyway) and would think that the missing tag is a bug.

There is a name field for the 50 inputs. This is why the name can be shown when hovering:

wWDRexX.png
That second part in the otherwise was what i was looking for, as I expected them to do something in some of the cases I tested when you first told me how to get different tags working and I found nothing on some cases. Thanks so much again for your digging :)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
That second part in the otherwise was what i was looking for, as I expected them to do something in some of the cases I tested when you first told me how to get different tags working and I found nothing on some cases. Thanks so much again for your digging :)

They did not do anything though. You can select any of the store tags, and some tags will return empty results. Exactly as it was before.

For instance, I have no result for "Social Deduction".

3xXoER2.png

Ditto for "Asymmetric VR".

MKlMdMq.png

The only difference is that the list of tags is exhaustive, compared to what I had before.

That is already something, because I don't know of any other way to download an exhaustive list of the store tags.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They did not do anything though. You can select any of the store tags, and some tags will return empty results. Exactly as it was before.

For instance, I have no result for "Social Deduction".

3xXoER2.png

Ditto for "Asymmetric VR".

MKlMdMq.png

The only difference is that the list of tags is exhaustive, compared to what I had before.

That is already something, because I don't know of any other way to download an exhaustive list of the store tags.
AAAh, I misunderstood then. Thanks :)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
And that's a wrap.

EBdeMhoXUAAzVVW

I must say that i enjoyed playing FC5 more than i though i will and i can say that it is way above Far Cry 4 for me (if we are looking at post Far Cry 2 world). I would still put Far Cry 3 above it just because i like tropical settings more and i liked characters in FC3 more. Also i think that map and world of Far Cry 5 is best in the series. I will keep game on my disk and slowly go for 100%, i liked it that much. All in all if you like to explore nice world and map, liberate some outposts and shoot some animals and enemies in between with your friends or AI buddies FC5 is game for you :D

28KTiwn.jpg

0sTWeka.jpg

uI6zGFE.jpg

lDtUlts.jpg

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
The Far Cry 5 DLC kinda sucked as a warning. I appreciate the effort to experiment, but it feels extremely budget limited.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Watching a lot of gaming journalists and developers hoping that Death Stranding will come to Epic Store just to watch "angry gamers" lose their mind is really sad.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
While i am really disappointing by those reactions i can't say that i am surprised at all. I noticed long time ago that criticism is not that accepted in gaming industry when it comes from people who play games. Just to be clear this is not specific to gaming industry, it is big issue in all creative industries (i am kinda part of the one, i am an architect and i know how long it took me to deal with criticism but i never learned more than listening people commenting my work). And that is how things start. Journalists ignored consumer side for ages (honestly i really can't remember when big outlets and journalists were actually on consumer side), and now we can see how some developers and publishers behave when they actually don't need consumers. And then people start protesting and they still get ignored or are told not to be entitled, then hate groups notice that there is chance for them to ruin things and then we reach point where no matter how civil you are you get put together with everyone and get mocked. Whole thing is one big mess now and that is just sad.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
That Spike Cunsoft sale is crazy, if you've ever had ANY AND ALL INTERESt in getting into Zero Escape or Danganronpa, now's the chance

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
428 was one of my GOTYs from last year. You should all buy.
I bought it at practically full price and still thought it was deserved. This price is a steal.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it depends on the angle, like personally I feel like this current era has the most dev/player interaction I've ever seen in the 25 yrs ive been playing video games, and that this current era also sees players wield so much more influence than I've ever seen. The advent of constant patching w/ players being incredibly judgmental and vocal about particular changes, the calling out of perceived downgrades from trailer footage, the amount of "movements" that end w/ developers caving in, etc.

I get that ppl feel like their criticism is either not being heard or coopted by hate movements, and etc., like it definitely sucks that because ppl in the same movement as you act out in awful ways, that your ideas become subsumed under the actions of crazy ppl who take this shit like they are in a war against something. But as far as I can tell, in current times developers are forced to eat player shit more than ever before.

It is also relevant that we are living in a time where the gaming industry eclipses movies and game releases destroy box office numbers, like that is definitely something to take under consideration and hard to inspect since we are currently living in it

just to add on to my post, i also think i am kind of biased to a certain viewpoint because i play mainly multiplayer stuff and read era/internet gaming stuff, i dont really know what itd be like to be a consumer that isnt constantly immersed in all this stuff

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that Indivisible price....is it supposed to be a bigger game than your typical indie, like a AA game or something? Seems a tad bit steep.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is steam borked or something? It doesn't appear to be doing discount properly for bundles I think.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
While i am really disappointing by those reactions i can't say that i am surprised at all. I noticed long time ago that criticism is not that accepted in gaming industry when it comes from people who play games. Just to be clear this is not specific to gaming industry, it is big issue in all creative industries (i am kinda part of the one, i am an architect and i know how long it took me to deal with criticism but i never learned more than listening people commenting my work). And that is how things start. Journalists ignored consumer side for ages (honestly i really can't remember when big outlets and journalists were actually on consumer side), and now we can see how some developers and publishers behave when they actually don't need consumers. And then people start protesting and they still get ignored or are told not to be entitled, then hate groups notice that there is chance for them to ruin things and then we reach point where no matter how civil you are you get put together with everyone and get mocked. Whole thing is one big mess now and that is just sad.
No, gamers are not the true victims here.

"Put it on Steam or else" is not a rational response. That's the whole problem, and wanting for people to show their ass and get it over with is not the same as being "eager for toxicity". The toxicity is already there, just waiting to reveal itself.

Also, Sony and Kojima are better equipped to deal with internet shitheads than random indie developers who are just trying to make a living.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Can't buy 428 because my Phantom Rose refund hasnt come through

giphy.gif

At least its the weekend deal so until monday I should be good

closer

Oct 25, 2017
No, gamers are not the true victims here.

"Put it on Steam or else" is not a rational response. That's the whole problem, and wanting for people to show their ass and get it over with is not the same as being "eager for toxicity". The toxicity is already there, just waiting to reveal itself.

Also, Sony and Kojima are better equipped to deal with internet shitheads than random indie developers who are just trying to make a living.

The reason i brought up scrubquotes when someone mentioned it is that it's kind of similar in important ways imo. Like it is also an example of toxicity that will exist regardless and an example of public shaming/entertainment, but the formation of the account kind of channels this crowd to like "rightfully" collectively laugh at someone and i dunno how that sits with me. Doubly so since whoever is running it is making money off of it.

like 20 hours? let me check... yeah says it took me 19 hours

Double Post, I dont even care

Wuddup rhak, sounds like it's up my alley then might drop allen wake for it for the b4 bed game

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 428 during the summer sale and I'm in the middle of it now. It's very good so far, you should buy it if you don't have it.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get it to run fullscreen on the tv and also get sound to come out of the tv
yes i feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.