• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Anyone tried it? How is it compared to his other games? I missed it when it was released.

It's easily my favorite Zachtronics game. Great puzzles, as usual, but it's also got a killer aesthetic and solid story. The puzzles are built off the fact that your robots are really limited in what they can do, but they can replicate and have some primitive ways to communicate with each other. So you have to figure out how to expand out into a swarm of bots that can cooperate to get things done. It also has a really good arcade-puzzle minigame to go along with the standard solitaire minigame.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
If you give corporates money upfront, they will forego additional ways of obtaining more money, it is just logical

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's easily my favorite Zachtronics game. Great puzzles, as usual, but it's also got a killer aesthetic and solid story. The puzzles are built off the fact that your robots are really limited in what they can do, but they can replicate and have some primitive ways to communicate with each other. So you have to figure out how to expand out into a swarm of bots that can cooperate to get things done. It also has a really good arcade-puzzle minigame to go along with the standard solitaire minigame.
Thanks! That sounds great.
If you give corporates money upfront, they will forego additional ways of obtaining more money, it is just logical
Sounds like some sort of bizaro trickle down economics. I'm convinced, where do I sign?

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
But will any of that money go towards the real issues at hand here like saving the planet?
Something something can't complain on forums because starving kids in Africa.
I still can't believe they wrote that, the fallacy of relative privation being a lazy cop out is one of those things I thought everybody was on board with but obviously not.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Anyone have any suggestions for a SUPER cheap wireless mouse and keyboard? I honestly don't care what it is as long as its wireless, comfortable, looks professional, and will last me a while.

I'm trying to get rid of some excess cables and this garish looking "gamer" mouse that's currently wired to my pi. The main use of this particular setup would be setting up hardware, experimenting with a raspberry pi, and web browsing I may also want to use it from across the room which is why I want it wireless.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Quick giveaway with leftovers from Humble Bundle that I didn't give away yet.

CK2 base key-
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Old Gods DLC for CK2
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Seriously if you have any interest in CK2 or Paradox games I can't recommend the Ck2 Humble Bundle enough. $15 for all of their main DLC is an incredible price.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Is Crusader Kings 2 easier to get into than the first one? Tried 1 ages ago and got overwhelmed fast. Might give it a go again soon...

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

You know it is a Zachtronics game when there is a mini-card-game.

9r3KQS0.jpg

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
There was this game for which I saw previewed what feels like years ago, that looked extremely intriguing, and I swear it either disappeared off of the face of the Earth or it came out and I just can't find it for the life of me.

My problem is that I don't know the name and can only describe it in vague terms.

Let me try. The person who can name the game gets gifted something $15 or less on me for ending this madness.

- Indie-ish?
- Isometric city builder strategy looking type game
- Seemed Sc-Fi futuristic-ish?
- Had these really cool floating robot ships which are what made me take notice
- I'm not 100% but I don't think the game was fully 3-D. In y brain the game had an Into the Breach flavor but feel free to ignore this point completely a it may be a corrupted strain.

I saw this damn game on some YT montage someone made of upcoming strategy games or some shit and I've never found it again.

Please, someone know what I'm talking about here. I swear this isn't make believe.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
There was this game for which I saw previewed what feels like years ago, that looked extremely intriguing, and I swear it either disappeared off of the face of the Earth or it came out and I just can't find it for the life of me.

My problem is that I don't know the name and can only describe it in vague terms.

Let me try. The person who can name the game gets gifted something $15 or less on me for ending this madness.

- Indie-ish?
- I'm not 100% but I don't think the game was fully 3-D. In y brain the game had an Into the Breach flavor but feel free to ignore this point completely a it may be a corrupted strain.

I saw this damn game on some YT montage someone made of upcoming strategy games or some shit and I've never found it again.

Please, someone know what I'm talking about here. I swear this isn't make believe.

?

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! So I went to Humble Bundle to get Kingdom Come, and when I went to go activate it, they gave me 3 bucks off!

Also,

Witcher 3 > Witcher 1 > Witcher 2

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

- Indie-ish?

Was it Industries of Titan?

That's supposed to come out soon, as EGS launch exclusive, iirc.

EDIT: the "Into the Breach" reference makes me think of "Aven Colony"... that's been out since 2017.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Is Crusader Kings 2 easier to get into than the first one? Tried 1 ages ago and got overwhelmed fast. Might give it a go again soon...
I tried CK1 shortly before CK2 released. I think CK2 is much easier to get into. That's probably because of 1) having a better UI and 2) i watched videos from quill before release.

So I'd say, just watch some videos. It will be better than the in-game tutorial, probably.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Was it Industries of Titan?

That's supposed to come out soon, as EGS launch exclusive, iirc.

EDIT: the "Into the Breach" reference makes me think of "Aven Colony"... that's been out since 2017.
Industries of Titan...... YYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

It was the GIFs in this old ERA thread that were stuck in my head, make me think of a 3D Into the Breach for some reason. I see the 1.0 release will be on Steam, I can skip Early Access.

PM me when you want to collect the debt. No expiration.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Logitech F710 controller.

I don't have the software disk that came with it anymore. It came with a piece of software that let me map keyboard keys to the controller so if I was playing a older game without keyboard support, I could use that controller. I can't seem to find that software on Logitech's website.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find it or alternate software that will do the same thing?

Thanks.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, it's disappointment day tomorrow (I was happy to get Kingdom Come regardless).

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat South Park: TFBW. Overall, it kinda just played itself, most of the puzzles were too simple, everything was colour-coded and you just needed to select the relevant skill to the colour. Everything was very linear and straight-forward. I felt like it was maybe 5-10 hours too long. The best parts were the cutscenes, by far, and there were a bunch of good gags throughout. The highlight, much like in the first game is the feeling of playing an episode.

Once you got into a groove with combat and figured out what works for you, there's no incentive to change it up. My least favourite part of the battle system were the real-time elements. Generally you just get everyone to where you want ASAP, then you wait with your last guy until the timer stops.

Lots of great cameos. It always surprises me how both games reference even the earliest episodes of South Park, while even the show seems to have forgotten a lot of stuff.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I need to do a factory reset on my phone, I guess I should deactivate steamguard first?

otherwise when I re-install the steam app, I wont have the app to get the code >_>

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Crusader King 2

Initial ruler: 6 daughters, 2 sons
First son: 4 daughters

Can I get a lineage please? My dude is 44 and if things go to the second son, it's gonna be bad.

EDIT:

Crisis averted... 6 daughters, 2 sons on first son.

Last edited:

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm seriously considering picking up an asus pg279qz monitor since I haven't upgraded my gaming monitor for like 5+ years. I've been waiting for a 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor with HDR to upgrade to but it's been so freaking long and the closest thing out there is either a monitor with kinda shitty HDR or the $1500 monitors which is way out of my price range.

Should I just go for the pg279qz or should I continue waiting? My current monitor is a 1080p 120hz Benq that still looks and runs fine but I'd love to get a bump up in resolution as well as Gsync. The only thing holding me back at this point is the lack of HDR. Any thoughts?

Deleted member 10601

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Daggerfall Unity is (more or less) feature complete. If you had fun with Daggerfall back in the old days you can enjoy it again. :)

The first Daggerfall Unity alpha release is now available on Live Builds. Since announcing this a few days ago, I've been honestly overwhelmed by the well-wishes and positive feedback from you all. Thank you everyone for your support, it means so much for a project like this. Your kind words help me to come back each day with a fresh heart.

So what does the alpha milestone mean? For Daggerfall Unity, this means we are now at broad feature parity with classic Daggerfall. Not only is the game playable from start to end, but all the core gameplay systems from classic are implemented and available. Hitting alpha means that development will shift from adding new gameplay features to refinement and fixing bugs. There are also a few features unique to Daggerfall Unity that I've been saving for the alpha cycle. Check out the roadmap to see what's coming up next.

In some ways alpha doesn't feel like a big deal. We were almost there in June with only a single enchantment effect and a couple of artifact effects remaining. But emotionally I feel that reaching this point really is a huge milestone. It represents the final stages of development are here at long last.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Is Men of Medan DLC available only with the pre-purchase of the game? I mean, after the release is there hope to see it sold on Steam as well?

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
But will any of that money go towards the real issues at hand here like saving the planet?

Funny thing is, had they launched the game through Humble instead, the devs could actually have helped saving the planet, by letting people donate to a wortwhile charity when buying their game.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Daggerfall Unity is (more or less) feature complete. If you had fun with Daggerfall back in the old days you can enjoy it again. :)

Yeah, saw the news on this as well. It sounds quite interesting and I used to love messing around with Daggerfall's crazy magic system back in those days.

One issue is mods. There used to be some decent ones for the game, so we will have to see if people will convert those. Still, totally worth the download.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Replace "Mixer" with "EGS", "Twitch" with "Steam", and "Ninja" with any Epic's exclusivity, and it is the usual debate again.

Why the f can you not open a third tab in your browser to load Mixer in it?

Mixer doesn't even have any good emotes.

Does anyone actually use mixer?

2019 is the year of exclusivity.

Edit: That being said, after a quick look, people are not too aggressive in the Ninja thread. I don't think Ninja's audience is on ResetEra.

Last edited:

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Mixer has that low latency mode that almost completely eliminates delay, that's pretty much the one reason why I've used it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Toyed around with Jupiter Hell before work. Game seems cool and I look forward to having a deeper dive this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.