• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Haven't posted much at all lately, but I believe this should cover the monthly challenge, Uzzy :

FYpDxV3.png

Nicely done, added to the OP!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The Sinking City is really weird game. Cases are interesting, detective work is good, voice acting good but there is so much going around and they made that part kinda annoying (up until unlock enough fast travel points). And then there is combat that is again annoying, especially with all resource scarcity thing tackled on top of it. But there really is good game under all of that, it just really can get annoying to play.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Never thought about admitting this, but Cyberpunk kinda sucks imho.
The main plot story is just...here.
And than you have 450 side-missions which are literally go there, kill the dude/hack the pc/steal the item with no real "story"behind it if not you are a mercenary and you need money.
That's it.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
And than you have 450 side-missions which are literally go there, kill the dude/hack the pc/steal the item with no real "story"behind it if not you are a mercenary and you need money.
That's it.
Ya I'll agree. It's a solid 7.5 or 8 becuase the open world is really stylistic and cool and the main story is ok. The side missions were a huge let down specially coming from the Witcher 3. Felt like none delivered the amazing stories that some Witcher side quest would turn into. That "find my pan" side quest I still remember becuase it was something so basic that turned into a great little story.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I played and finished Severed Steel today. Very enjoyable short game, it's basically built to make you feel cool while pulling off Matrixy style stunts. Always be stunting to stay alive, switch out weapons constantly after emptying them of ammo, all to a pumping beat.. just a shame the main campaign is three hours long. Hella sweet though.

GIF as a pic wouldn't do it justice.

SevStee_SteamGif02.gif

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
That's it.

The whole game doesnt feel "complete".
With the prologue Hotel mission I expected this is just the beginning and then you only have 3 other "big" missions and you are done with the game.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
That's it.

When William Gibson criticizes your Cyberpunk game, you know you have a problem.

I'd be interested on seeing his thoughts on the OG Deus Ex and the Jensen games.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Totally disagree, most of the 20 hour main story is great, with some genuine emotion and best in class animation, and there are a ton of amazing side quests in the game with unique characters and objectives. Problem with the side quests(outside of the huge character based ones) is they didn't do a great job grouping the more substantial ones off from the quick go here do that stuff. Tho even the latter tends to have some great environmental storytelling and unique models

Very good game and still a year plus later the best technical show piece out there.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Cyberpunk recently and it was okay. It was hard to believe the same people that made The Witcher 3 made this five years after that though.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It seems I just

More Ubisoft Games Coming to Game Pass

I'm excited to share that we're working with Ubisoft to bring even more incredible games to the Game Pass library! In the next two months, Assassin's Creed Origins will join the library for cloud, console, and PC via Ubisoft Connect app. We will also bring For Honor: Marching Fire Edition to PC via Ubisoft Connect app, and upgrade to the Marching Fire Edition for cloud and console.

Leaving April 30

• Cricket 19 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Secret Neighbor (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Streets of Rage 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Cool! Maybe I'll do an AC:Origins replay via Gamepass then :)

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
It's a solid 7/10 game.

It's nothing spectacular.
Yeah this where I was on Cyberpunk. Kind of this gen's equivalent of Watch Dogs. Hugely hyped open world game with a tech bent released around a console transition that wound up being perfectly passable (PC only for Cyberpunk at least), but not much more.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
The Sinking City is really weird game. Cases are interesting, detective work is good, voice acting good but there is so much going around and they made that part kinda annoying (up until unlock enough fast travel points). And then there is combat that is again annoying, especially with all resource scarcity thing tackled on top of it. But there really is good game under all of that, it just really can get annoying to play.
Yeah, combat isn't great. But I'm enjoying it more than I was expecting; which I wasn't sure what to expect after getting it after seeing the word-of-mouth on this forum.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
lmao @ 7 days to die coming to gamepass, that shit is still in alpha.

As in they still release horrendous game changing updates that break the entire game and delete entire saves and make everything incompatible with previous saves

Whatever I guess that is hilarious to me.
They abandoned the game on on consoles more than half a decade ago because they lost the rights for the game on consoles and stated after that, that they're simply not going to release or update the game again until the PC version goes gold. (Yeah, they spent a lot of money buying the rights back to their own game because they sold the game as "complete" to Surprise! Telltale and they went under and had to fight to get the rights to their own game back when they were sold piece by piece in bankruptcy)
Uh.. Yeah the PC version is nowhere near gold.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Cyberpunk honestly scored an 8 on my scale. I loved my time with it, and some of the side quests had really compelling conclusions that allowed you to make your own decisions.

I was also fortunate enough to be that "I don't know what to say the game runs perfectly for me with zero bugs" person but I kept my mouth shut because fucking nobody wants to hear that shit when their experience is that cars are dropping out of the sky.

Graphically it was bonkers. Only game that ever made my 9700K and RTX 2080 feel justified, I'm still waiting for some "next-gen exclusive" that reaches such a plateau.

Turning up the ray tracing, setting the clock to nightfall and riding my bike around Night City was freaking an experience. Got chills when the right song came on the radio, whew.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I played and finished Severed Steel today. Very enjoyable short game, it's basically built to make you feel cool while pulling off Matrixy style stunts. Always be stunting to stay alive, switch out weapons constantly after emptying them of ammo, all to a pumping beat.. just a shame the main campaign is three hours long. Hella sweet though.

SevStee_SteamGif02.gif

That was on the top of my list last year, I loved it so much! Some of the best bullet time ever - rekindled all of the FEAR love. It's so good, the challenges to replay are great too!

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

SevStee_SteamGif02.gif
the game is incredible. i do wish it was structured more like a proper campaign and not various arcade arenas, but it plays so amazing it overcame that for me. especially when you figure out how to stay in slomo for basically the entire duration of a level 😄

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, at the very least something that allows us to see the battery-level natively in Windows and also allowing the Dualsense to properly charge on a PC. Even if I use a USB-C to USB-C cable on a full-powered USB-C port (that charges an iPad just fine) it's 50:50 if the Dualsense actually charges :/

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, at the very least something that allows us to see the battery-level natively in Windows and also allowing the Dualsense to properly charge on a PC. Even if I use a USB-C to USB-C cable on a full-powered USB-C port (that charges an iPad just fine) it's 50:50 if the Dualsense actually charges :/
Oh my god, this!

Deleted member 104622

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2021
Ya I'll agree. It's a solid 7.5 or 8 becuase the open world is really stylistic and cool and the main story is ok. The side missions were a huge let down specially coming from the Witcher 3. Felt like none delivered the amazing stories that some Witcher side quest would turn into. That "find my pan" side quest I still remember becuase it was something so basic that turned into a great little story.

This is the biggest issue with the game, imo. A lot of the dialogue from the devs made it seem like they were one-upping themselves on every aspect of their previous work (specifically Witcher 3) and Cyberpunk just paled in comparison in every way. The bugs and optimization were bad, the fact that it's unfinished is bad. But the saddest part is just how mediocre the game is overall when it came from a company that made something so good who (at one point at least) was easily capable of something better.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day where you needed to buy a deluxe version of a game to get an animated title screen.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
store.steampowered.com

Sonic Origins on Steam

Experience the collected adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic Origins Plus! With 16 legendary Sonic titles, including 12 Game Gear games, new playable characters, modes, challenges, behind-the-scenes content, and more, this is the definitive way to play these classic games!

Steam page is up!

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
store.steampowered.com

Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition on Steam

Oddworld: Soulstorm is the explosive second game in a brand new Oddworld Quintology that tells the continuing story of Abe and his comrades as they discover further crimes against Mudokonkind and look for the spark that will ignite a revolution.

Just popped up

As someone who really enjoyed the first one, is this one worth picking up or is it really that tedious to play as I've heard?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you hate it when you get about 90% of the way through a game and then become completely burnt out as you're nearing the finish line? I fucking hate it when that happens.

Currently playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and about start the final chapter but fuuuuuck...I just want to play something else. I'm at 300 hours in now and I just want to move on but I hate leaving things undone so close like this to the ending.

There are ridiculously long games where the hours fly by (like both Pathfinder games which I finish and then I immediately start replaying them even though they suck your free time off work into a blackhole) but despite how good it is, OS 2 just is starting to feeling really stretched out for me.

Yes, I know part of that is my fault for doing all the sidequests but still. As intermingled as a lot of these quests are with the plot sometimes, you can miss out on a lot.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Gamepass actually has some interesting stuff coming soon, now that my finances are suddenly in jeapordy. Sigh.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Original Sin 2 is long as hell for sure but that seems excessive lol

I still need to go back and finish the game but those turn based battles just take forever. Rtwp dying, getting brought back only to be rejected(Pillars)still hurts. Fuck reskinned Divinity clone BG3

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Original Sin 2 is long as hell for sure but that seems excessive lol

I still need to go back and finish the game but those turn based battles just take forever. Rtwp dying, getting brought back only to be rejected(Pillars)still hurts. Fuck reskinned Divinity clone BG3
I don't get it either.

I'm not really dragging my feet, mostly been just clearing the map of whatever quests I could find.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Okami really is a top tier Zelda game, shame it's locked to 30 fps but outside of the slow text absolute top 3 in the genre. Shame nothing came out of Kamiya wanting to make a (non ds)sequel.

I should still play Okamiden one of these days tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.