• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished

Owl

boss fight in Sekiro and man that was one of the most intense moments in gaming i ever experienced. First i thought that i will finish fight easily, because i had full health and one pellet left and boss was without health and almost full posture meter. Then boss lowered posture meter to like 30%, i got hit by combo and left with like 10% of health and no way to heal and no resurrections. Then boss did combo and left itself fully open for my attack and i finished it. I was literally shaking after fight ended XD

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Logitech G502. It feels quite good, even if I do not really use most of the extra buttons.

All the thumb buttons fit perfectly (and the place to put your thumb is quite comfy).

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
g502 was the best mouse on the market until their new black magic wireless higher tier mice came out. It's an amazing mouse.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Have a G502 as well. Great mouse. You'll appreciate the buttons eventually, I think. I do volume control with the small ones next to LMB -- so useful!

One thing I don't like is how loud scrolling is. My last mouse was almost dead silent compared to the G502.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Have a G502 as well. Great mouse. You'll appreciate the buttons eventually, I think. I do volume control with the small ones next to LMB -- so useful!
My keyboard has a volume control wheel which is super comfy already :P

Edit: About the scrolling, I quite like how it can change from controlled/slow to uncontrolled/fast. I have to read documents that are 200+ pages for work sometimes and I really like being able to spin fast for some parts and more controllably in other cases.
The sound just reminds me of old mouses with the wheel. Nostalgia for mouses, huh

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
i think my g502 defaulted to forward/back on browsers, which is super handy.

in games it's great for crouch, punch, or special skills; things you use often, or need on-hand immediately. warframe especially is a different game when you bind crouch and slide or w/e on the side buttons. it makes a world of difference.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
i think my g502 defaulted to forward/back on browsers, which is super handy.

in games it's great for crouch, punch, or special skills; things you use often, or need on-hand immediately. warframe especially is a different game when you bind crouch and slide or w/e on the side buttons. it makes a world of difference.

It also lets you abuse the dive mechanic (the crouch+slide thing that shoots you forward) when you're invisible. It's supposed to force you out of invis when you use it but if you bind it to one button you can dive around without breaking invis. It really helped me finish some of the story missions, I don't know if that has been changed since I was playing warframe.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Logitech G502. It feels quite good, even if I do not really use most of the extra buttons.

All the thumb buttons fit perfectly (and the place to put your thumb is quite comfy).
Eyeing that myself as my next mouse to buy but every time I think my current mouse is done for it seems to heal itself. I think it is the version before the G502, seems to have similar button layout.

Can't live without the free scroll function now, both my previous mice had that too.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
/rant

The lack of playtime tracking, cloud saves and every game in your library on EGS having it's own "page overview" where you see achievements, playtime, news and quick links to everything related to that game is disturbingly terrible and I hate it.

Even if I really wanted to buy a game, for example Hades, I could not do it due to the lack of information available for the game. There is just fucking nothing. Launch, install, verify, uninstall, auto-update and version number.

I mean, wtf Epic, get your head out of your ass and fix your goddamn basic crap launcher.

Even fucking Origin, UPlay and GOG Galxy, which by the way is not even mandatory got all those things.

Fucking crap launcher.

I need my info and things like "cloud saves" before buyign and playing anything

And before anyone goes "well playtime is not that important, I can handle playing games without it" well good for you, I need it.

Xbox Games on the Windows Store got cloud saves and playtime tracking (through the Xbox app), so that makes the goddamn Windows 10 Store automatically a better launcher than EGS.

/rant over

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
/rant

The lack of playtime tracking, cloud saves and every game in your library on EGS having it's own "page overview" where you see achievements, playtime, news and quick links to everything related to that game is disturbingly terrible and I hate it.

Even if I really wanted to buy a game, for example Hades, I could not do it due to the lack of information available for the game. There is just fucking nothing. Launch, install, verify, uninstall, auto-update and version number.

I mean, wtf Epic, get your head out of your ass and fix your goddamn basic crap launcher.

Even fucking Origin, UPlay and GOG Galxy, which by the way is not even mandatory got all those things.

Fucking crap launcher.

And before anyone goes "well playtime is not that important, I can handle playing games without it" well good for you, I need it.

Xbox Games on the Windows Store got cloud saves and playtime tracking (through the Xbox app), so that makes the goddamn Windows 10 Store automatically a better launcher than EGS.

/rant over
giphy.gif

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta second the G502 love! Such a great mouse. Had one of the MX518 repro for a while and while it's still great the free scroll and one extra button are somethings I can't live without anymore.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Not too bad. I cannot wait to play as Mike, Mike, Glenn, or both Mike and Glenn, in a game with full body locomotion, called Half-Life 3: Ace Mission.

And, yes, I know the difference between GAMING and CHAKING, Mr. AI.

Half-Life 3 is the long-awaited sequel in the Half-Life franchise developed by Valve for the Steam release. It features the following:
  • Play as a Half-Life character, including new abilities and weapons
  • Original audio track, including the original song with actor John Carpenter
Gameplay features include:
  • Useful utilities: Medi Gun, Hyperspace, Scrap magazine, Accessory to buy new items
  • Full body locomotion
  • Interactive objects: Room HUD, Camera, HMD, and HUD panels
  • Story-based gameplay
  • Survival mode
  • New environments: East Coast, West Coast, and South Coast of the United States
  • New weapon types: Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun
The sequel to Half-Life 2, Half-Life 3: Ace Mission is the sequel to the award-winning videogame that changed the gaming world by adding an entirely new level of freedom to players. Play as both John and Glenn in the first game, and as both Mike and Mike are on the path to freedom. You play as Mike, a former military officer and sniper, who is now in charge of an elite team of elite agents and the Army. Throughout the game, the player will find many choices that affect the way the story plays out, and will also interact with Mike and Glenn as they progress through the game. The player will also have the opportunity to explore the world of Half-Life 3 and learn more about the world, characters, and events as they progress. The game is set in a fictional, open world environment, and the player can choose to play as Mike, Mike, Glenn, or both Mike and Glenn on their own or with one of the two playable characters.

In the year 2060 humanity is on the brink of extinction. You are a GAMER. You are the GAMER.

You are the GAMER, after all. And this is the way to be a GAMER.

But there is one aspect of you that is NOT a GAMER.

You know the difference between GAMING and CHAKING.

You know the difference between CHAKING and CHAKING.

eY0t3yE.jpg

You forgot to blur some of this.

Fixed. Added a pic so that I could blur it. ;)

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 3$ discount on the Humbly Monthly and decided to try it again. So prepare for a lot of bad games in the next bundle.

I had Wandersong on my wishlist and sold AC Origins for 10€ so even if the rest are a bunch of moneyhatted EGS exclusives I'm already good.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I have G700s but unfortunately I've never gotten comfortable using any of the buttons.

Why did Deus Ex get a 0 byte update?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Played a nice free game in Steam made by students:

Really nice short story that focuses on what the society in a distopian consumerism future looks like. You just move (the puzzle elements are lol push button) but the environmental storytelling is on point.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Not too bad. I cannot wait to play as Mike, Mike, Glenn, or both Mike and Glenn, in a game with full body locomotion, called Half-Life 3: Ace Mission.

And, yes, I know the difference between GAMING and CHAKING, Mr. AI.
The description may have several funny bits, but it also a little bit scary how close it is to "PR speak".

And I'm sorry but....
New weapon types: Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun
So it's Half-life, 3 shotguns.

Really nice short story that focuses on what the society in a distopian consumerism future looks like. You just move (the puzzle elements are lol push button) but the environmental storytelling is on point.

Hmmm, looks interesting. Downloading. Thanks for the tip.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The description may have several funny bits, but it also a little bit scary how close it is to "PR speak".

And I'm sorry but....

So it's Half-life, 3 shotguns.

It is only 40 minutes long or so, and there might be some secrets I have missed.

I think there is a choice in the end between two things, but I went for the one in the left.
The game didnt unlock the later chapters for me (from the preview images I know I made it through there) in the menu, so I have no idea if i missed something in there or if it is a bug.
I have no idea if there is a second ending though.

Edit: It also starts with you naked and with your dick being visible 10/10

Oct 27, 2017
Just a little PSA if you own Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online. Just found out that my save I was playing on yesterday is gone, apparently the recent update fucked up quite a few things in the game.

I checked the community hub on Steam and lots of other people are having the same problem, with some having they multiple saves erased as well.

Save file exists in my PC but the game refuses to load it, like if there was nothing there.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
/rant

Fucking crap launcher.

/rant over

Imo best thing to do is voting with your wallet and ignoring it completely, even if the features are coming in the (near) future. Don't allow paid exclusivity deals to become a valid way to become successful on pc.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys have the List of games where review bombing worked? Like payed mods in Skyrim and etc?

Such a list would be hard to verify. You don't know if it was the review bombing itself or the overall campaign to get Devs to change that worked. For example, the paid mods thing getting removed (until creation club came along) was part of a big campaign of youtubers and official forumites complaining. To the point that you'd have to tell me that review bombing took place or it wouldn't even have occurred to me as having been a part of the campaign.

Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys have the List of games where review bombing worked? Like payed mods in Skyrim and etc?

The problem with this is that review bombs occur as part of a constellation of other forms of feedback, social media reactions, pieces in the press and so on. That makes it hard to gauge the effectiveness of the review bomb itself. Ideally, we'd want some inside information on how developers and publishers reacted to them in order to be able to judge which ones worked. Also, some people use 'review bomb' to encompass times when there was a mass of negative reviews for technical problems, like Arkham Knight, while others use it to encompass only things beyond the quality of the game itself.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
/rant

Fucking crap launcher.

/rant over

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, this is the sort of reasoning that falls by the wayside when people talk about the EGS vs Steam debacle and it's infuriating.

Sure, moneyhatting and forced exclusivity is complete trash in the PC ecosystem, but the absolute lack of features is a complete slap in the face, and the true shortcoming of Epic's approach to this launcher when compared to Steam/others.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Now that i finished Supraland i can write short review. What a game, such a hidden gem. After almost 25 hours i finished game 100% and i can only say that i enjoyed every single minute playing it.

World is huge and varied and each region has its own atmosphere. Developer did use some of the default UE4 assets and assets bought from the store but he managed to find ones that work together so you won't noticed that they are not made by one person or art team. In general, i liked style of the game.

Gameplay can look and feel clunky at the beginning but it gets better fast after first few upgrades. Even combat that is kinda worst part of the game gets way better with upgrades. But tools you get to use and puzzle design is what makes this game so good. Puzzles are not that hard but they are clever. More than once i had to put the gamepad a bit to think how to approach situation.

You will gradually be introduced to various tools to solve puzzles but you will never be able to solve all puzzles in the area because you will always be missing one or two tools. So you will go back to those areas after you get new tools. And some of those tools are not on critical path so you will need to explore. And boy did i enjoy exploring in this game. Developer managed to hide those chests really well and in really clever ways. You will need to think outside of the box for some of them. Also, you really can play this game at your own pace. If you want to explore go for it, if you want to do just the main path you can do that too (but you will need to explore a bit even for that). You can also play game 10 minutes or 10 hours per play session. As developer said game really respects your time.

One thing that i need to mention is that near the end one thing kinda ruins game a bit, that is enemy spawn. Even though they are not hard to beat they are annoying and you can't explore freely. You need to find specific upgrade that is well hidden to be able to stop enemy spawn (not completely but significantly).

Game is optimized well and has nice selection of graphic option so you can adjust them to your preferences. Game supports gamepad but not in the menus, you will need to use mouse for that. DoF gives game that tilt-shift effect but it can be too aggressive for some people. Same goes with FoV. Other than that game is perfectly fine and it will run well on most modern PCs.

In the end if you like puzzle games and you enjoy exploring this is perfect game for you. In my opinion it is one of the best puzzle games in last few years and i personally didn't enjoy playing puzzle game this much since Portal 2.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
/rant

Fucking crap launcher.

/rant over

you can track playtime with xbox games? :o

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

free, short and supposed to be quite good.

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It just means I am better than you, something everyone here already knew.
DEATH TO ANIMU!

I know, I need to step up my RAWR RAWR CONSOLES BADD PC GUD game to get noticed here these days.

Here here, let's try. "Y'all see those stupid Switch fans all happy they getting Dragons Dogma? So stupid, PC has it 60fps LOL M I RITE?"

Hows that? :)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I know, I need to step up my RAWR RAWR CONSOLES BADD PC GUD game to get noticed here these days.

Here here, let's try. "Y'all see those stupid Switch fans all happy they getting Dragons Dogma? So stupid, PC has it 60fps LOL M I RITE?"

Hows that? :)
I own (goes to count them) 22 physical Switch games, so you calling me a stupid Switch fanboy now?

Also, 144Hz is the rage right now, stupid console peasant /s

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Making games takes more time now, I don't expect AAA Marvel game to be made as close to the Endgame release as possible, plus SE should've waited with the announcement.

What I'm saying is, Disney Interactive (or whatever they called these days) still have no idea how to operate. They have a couple of successful mobile F2Ps and that's it, they have no idea what else to do with their Marvel properties, licensing MUA to N just proves it. I hope the game is successful, even though the majority of the intended audience is most likely gaming on different platforms.

When Disney shut down a few studios a few years back it was clear this was their new direction. They wanted out of development as it's risky. Instead they would license their ips so it's a low risk investment for them.

Anyone can approach them with a pitch. As long as they have their own funding in place and allow Disney the ability to review the product to ensure the ip usage is to their standards.

Such a list would be hard to verify. You don't know if it was the review bombing itself or the overall campaign to get Devs to change that worked. For example, the paid mods thing getting removed (until creation club came along) was part of a big campaign of youtubers and official forumites complaining. To the point that you'd have to tell me that review bombing took place or it wouldn't even have occurred to me as having been a part of the campaign.

Yup. I have never seen user reviews influence any internal decisions and I've shipped over 20 games across multiple platforms.

User reviews aren't even discussed. Publication reviews are, and would often have bonuses tied to them.

Only when community outreach became a thing (and like test it's still super under valued with very little ability to influence at most places), did anyone begin to look at what users were saying and collating that feedback for the development team.

Executive level see review bombing as further re enforcement that gamers are immature thus they would never look toward them to guide their products. Usually it takes someone with influence who cares to attribute potential business impact to issues to get high level people on board to fund improvements or changes.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
When Disney shut down a few studios a few years back it was clear this was their new direction. They wanted out of development as it's risky. Instead they would license their ips so it's a low risk investment for them.

Anyone can approach them with a pitch. As long as they have their own funding in place and allow Disney the ability to review the product to ensure the ip usage is to their standards.

Honestly, that is probably the best way for them to go. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but when I think about all the game genres that I would like to see with the design of the IP there is no single publisher that could cover them all. Doesn't mean we'll ever see Star Wars Rising: Revengeance, etc. but I remain with the thought that it is more likely. Same for Marvel stuff.

I hope the Necrodancer is a sign that Nintendo will be doing something similar though that won't come to PC.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
does uplay have trouble locating games installed through the uplay client? 'cause i installed acu the other day and today it doesn't know where the folder is.

currently verifying... but it's a bummer.
edit: and now there's ~8 gb of corrupt files. uplay pls

Last edited:

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
does uplay have trouble locating games installed through the uplay client? 'cause i installed acu the other day and today it doesn't know where the folder is.

currently verifying... but it's a bummer.
edit: and now there's ~8 gb of corrupt files. uplay pls
Same thing happened to me. It's the only time I've ever had an issue installing a Ubi game, so maybe it's related to ACU?

NaM

Feb 7, 2018
Is it possible to select the position of the chat popups on steam when using big picture mode? I was sure this was possible before but for some reason I can't find the toogle anywhere, or did they remove the feature?

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Why did GTA V RP Mod get such a huge spike this month? Tried to look up what's so great about it, but the Mod and the Let's plays/streams started 2 years ago. What changed?

Oct 28, 2017
Eyeing that myself as my next mouse to buy but every time I think my current mouse is done for it seems to heal itself. I think it is the version before the G502, seems to have similar button layout.

Can't live without the free scroll function now, both my previous mice had that too.

Consider the G602 as well. Wireless, more side buttons, and honestly just a better feeling, more attractive, mouse overall. Input lag is non-existant to the point where I've never even noticed it. My buddy's G502 feels like garbo in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.