• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol Epic's Uplay integration is seriously lazy:

1. They just download an installer for the game and then make you actually finish the download in Uplay. Doesn't delete the (20gb) installer either, so had to go do that myself.
2. You don't even need EGS anymore after that. It's effectively just a Uplay game, versus how Steam has it where you need to launch through steam. So, kind of a bonus I guess?

I bought Anno through EGS, before you ask because I missed the launch period due to being broke and didn't know if I'd like it so got it on EGS for refund possibility, which Uplay still doesn't have. Missed it being on Steam / GMG and CDkeys was actually more expensive.

Not sure if it's the same for the Division 2 as I bought that through GMG.

Oct 30, 2017
Not all of them, I got more games last week that got updated with 0kb.
My guess is that they had some issues where downloading new games didnt look to it, so they decided to create a new "game" which is permanently installed and when adding a game to install, it adds "dlc" to download to it, that way you cannot have overlap on "dlc".

(Change game to tool and DLC to the tool equivalent for that lol)

That sounds more complicated than it needs to be, which is why I'm sure its the sort of thing that Valve would do.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
lol Epic's Uplay integration is seriously lazy:

1. They just download an installer for the game and then make you actually finish the download in Uplay. Doesn't delete the (20gb) installer either, so had to go do that myself.
2. You don't even need EGS anymore after that. It's effectively just a Uplay game, versus how Steam has it where you need to launch through steam. So, kind of a bonus I guess?

I bought Anno through EGS, before you ask because I missed the launch period due to being broke and didn't know if I'd like it so got it on EGS for refund possibility, which Uplay still doesn't have. Missed it being on Steam / GMG and CDkeys was actually more expensive.

Not sure if it's the same for the Division 2 as I bought that through GMG.
There is no EGS - Uplay integration. Technically there is no EGS overlay, so you can potentially launch any game from outside of EGS as long as they havent used the Epic DRM.

Edit: Pretty sure uPlay had refunds. Kinda surprised they dont lol.

That sounds more complicated than it needs to be, which is why I'm sure its the sort of thing that Valve would do.
Its the engineer way of fixing a problem :P I would do that!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have thoughts on My Time at Portia? I'm really thinking about picking it up for the weekend. I love HM and such, and saw MTAP during early access, but am wondering if it shaped up to a good full game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have thoughts on My Time at Portia? I'm really thinking about picking it up for the weekend. I love HM and such, and saw MTAP during early access, but am wondering if it shaped up to a good full game.

I played it for 33 hours and loved it, but then kinda lost interest. That probably says more about me than the game tho.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played it for 33 hours and loved it, but then kinda lost interest. That probably says more about me than the game tho.
Hmm I feel we're probably cut from the same cloth, I tend to do the same thing. If it can grab me for a few dozen hours that might be good enough though. I'll probably pick it up later tonight.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Quick question- I want to giveaway a few extra games from the Humble Bundle on here, what code do you use so only people that have posted can see it? Also do I just hit redeem key and then post the steam key? Just want to make sure I don't lock them out for anyone.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
The thing that fascinates me about OpenAI (and other machine learning programs like AlphaGo) is that it could very likely influence the real professional Dota meta by showcasing strategy or small advantages that humans haven't picked up on.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that is more or less what the pros were commenting on doing (abuse invis and avoid fights until late on in the game).

I guess they need to make it somehow so that AI also trains longer matches? The AI getting blind on what items to build after the mid game ends is quite a big flaw.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

I absolutely love Portia and it will likely be landing in my Top 10 this year.

It's got some jank around the edges such as inconsistent voice acting and frame stuttering when loading in big events like boss fights. But the game more than makes up for it with its charming presentation, broad scope of activities and depth of mechanics.

Make no mistake, it's a treadmill crafting game with one production line leading into the next. But surprisingly every "next-level" of production is led by story beats that are genuinely good (not omg, great!) for the genre. It keeps the game moving forward and really gives you a sense of direction & purpose.

I love how much stuff there is to do in Portia. Building, crafting, exploring, gathering, fighting, romancing...you name it. The world is gorgeous with awesome water-color, post-apocalypse presentation that's colorfully & happy rather than drab & edgy.

There's a demo linked off the Steam store page if you wanna try before you buy. I do think the build is like 6 months behind the final release, but it will at least give you a sense of what to expect. (Only pro-tips I'd offer would be to adjust the Audio sliders and scale back the Time speed so the days last longer.)

Portia is a really charming Stardew/Harvest Moon experience that's got a ton of heart and a unique identity. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it ranks with the best.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Quick question- I want to giveaway a few extra games from the Humble Bundle on here, what code do you use so only people that have posted can see it? Also do I just hit redeem key and then post the steam key? Just want to make sure I don't lock them out for anyone.
It's "hide". Enter code like this:

Code:
[hide]Codes go here[/hide]
To get this:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
If you want to know if you got it wrong, use preview. And yeah, you won't be locking anyone out if you just post the Steam key.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Portia still feels early accessish.

I was particularly disappointed with the "combat" / dungeon aspect of the game which is just incredibly barebones, even if it looks flashy.

I'm currently playing Forager which scratches some similar itches to Portia. Much more polished and focused though (albeit without the town life stuff).

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Bought Supraland, the depth of field effect is intense.

First 20 minutes for those on the fence, convinced me to pick it up and especially for 12 bucks.

Also, Walker's glowing review
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/04/16/supraland-review/
This is just utterly magnificent. The world is phenomenally well built, all visible at any time if you can climb high enough, with the omnipresent child towering over in various places like a colossus. By the time it equipped me with so many abilities, I became sure I'd be able to 'break' the game too easily, find routes I wasn't supposed to over the cliffs, or skip walled off sections. And yet each time I thought I was about to, I'd find a hidden bonus, a "secret area" – he was always one step ahead.

It's those sorts of smarts that makes this such an absolute joy of a game. It really does stand comparisons with Portal, Zelda and Metroid, which is no mean feat, and not words I'd offer lightly. That it's a combination of the three approaches means that, no, it never matches any for their individual supremacy, but of course it doesn't! What it does instead is offer its own individual supremacy, a witty, brilliant, and fantastically finished game, packed with simply excellent puzzles, culminating in a finale that implements and complements everything you've learned in the most wonderfully satisfying way.

It's going to take a heck of a lot for anything to beat this game to be my favourite of 2019. What a splendid treat.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Just bought Rocket League on Steam today, playing in 4K on my PC was a visual treat, cleaner and sharper, as it should be, than playing it on my PS4 Pro

Then I played it on my 144hz laptop, FML

For years I've not really noticed a massive difference in normal refresh rates, I've only had the laptop since new year but playing a game like RL at 144fps has really opened my eyes.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Supraland is 2019's Hollow Knight - now we just need to wait for the console release for ppl to actually pay attention

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Rocket League on Steam today, playing in 4K on my PC was a visual treat, cleaner and sharper, as it should be, than playing it on my PS4 Pro

Then I played it on my 144hz laptop, FML

For years I've not really noticed a massive difference in normal refresh rates, I've only had the laptop since new year but playing a game like RL at 144fps has really opened my eyes.

I just upgraded my monitor a few weeks ago and it's a massive, MASSIVE difference. Gaming at 144hz has completely spoiled me.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Wow. I have just tried to apply some code by minimaxir on Artifact's reviews, and it is blowing my mind.

I love Artifact...
I love Artifact. It is a fantastic game that is fun to play and burnish your collection.", "P.S. If you don't like business card games, don't buy this game. If you do, you'll instantly be spending money on the game to satisfy your preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed preconstructed it's all there.", 'I love this game. I'm a big fan of Dota and Hearthstone and all of the other cards and they're all great, but Artifact is a lot more serious and complex than most of the other card games out there. They have a lot of depth and are deep enough that it's easy to tell if you're trying to learn something or not.', 'P.P.S. If you aren't interested in card games, don't buy this game. If you're a long time Magic player or MTG player or anything you can imagine, you won't be disappointed.', 'The gold is my money. The game has a lot of depth and is fun. I think the most tedious part is figuring out how to get some cards, but that's not really my focus here. It's good. I'm having a blast, but that's not all I want!', "I like the gameplay. I like the tactical gameplay. I like the feedback. I like the lore. I like the gameplay more. I'm not a big fan of getting into packs for free, but if I wanted to play this game for a dollar, I'd probably do that. I like it a lot. I like the experience, but I don't really like the monetization system of buying one card for 20 cents on the market. So I don't actually mind. I like the game a lot and I like it a lot. I'm not gonna say I don't enjoy it, but I don't really like it.", 'I really like the visuals but this is the first game I've seen that has a lot of randomness. Even in a game that's meant to be played by a skilled player, it's still going to be random. It's going to be random. The randomness is just so bad that it's hard to be an expert in Artifact.', 'This game is a little bit different than Magic, but I think I'll be better with the game. It's more balanced than Hearthstone.', 'I'm guessing it's going to be a bit more competitive than Hearthstone. I'm not being overly harsh here, but I'm not complaining about the market model either. You may not be able to put as much RNG and luck into every single game.', "I'm not here to be a "gamers only" critic, I'm here to be a little more constructive. I'm not here to be a "gamers only" critic, I'm here to be a little more constructive. I'm not here to be a "gamers only" critic, I'm here to be a little more constructive.", "I love the game. It's fun. I like it a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I can't recommend it if you want to know what's going on in the game.", "But I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I can't recommend it if you want to know what's going on in the game.", "This is not a "pay to win" game like I started it off. It's not a "pay to win" game like I started it off.", "The game is pretty fun. It's not a grind fest. It's not a grind fest. It's not a grind fest. I've played Hearthstone, Magic, Magic the Gathering, and Hearthstone before, and I've never been able to enjoy the game more. The game is fun. I like it a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot.", "The game is pretty fun.", "It's not a grind fest. It's not a grind fest. I've played Hearthstone, Magic, Magic the Gathering, and Hearthstone before, and I've never been able to enjoy the game more. The game is fun. I like it a lot.", "It's not a grind fest. It's not a grind fest. I've played Hearthstone, Magic, Magic the Gathering, and Hearthstone before, and I've never been able to enjoy the game more.", "The game is pretty fun. It's not a grind fest. It's not a grind fest.", "The game is pretty fun. I don't like it a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I like the game a lot. I like
I love Artifact. I just love how different the three lanes are. I really like the movement and the animations. The balancing is great. I have to say that I don't like having to pay to play constructed. I really like the fact that the game gives you 2 legendaries and you can play drafts for free. I can't recommend this game to everyone, but if you are feeling a little bit lucky, I suggest you try it. If you are just looking for a casual card game, I suggest you try it, because I think it will be a lot cheaper.", "Artifact is a game with a lot of potential. You can easily turn into a first person shooter or a card game. I'd recommend it for those looking for a way to play a game that feels fresh and free to play without spending money.", 'If you are looking for a game that's fun and deep, consider this.', 'The game itself is pretty good. There's a lot of depth to the game, games are fun, but some mistakes can be costly. The art style is quite good, there's a lot of strategy, but the game itself is a little kludgy.', 'The game is really good, but people complaining about the monetization are missing out.', "The game is not cheap, but it is not expensive for a game like Hearthstone. I was a fan of Artifact and I use it because of the card model and the abilities that you get with it. I enjoy the game as much as I do and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of Artifact, but I can't recommend it to anyone who has really low skill levels.", 'I love the monetization, but I have to say it is not for everyone. I think it will be $20 to $30 for the core game. It will cost you money if you want to play constructed, but it will be more expensive if you want to play draft.', 'I'm really enjoying this game. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm really enjoying the game as much as I enjoy it. I can't recommend it for anybody.', 'I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm really enjoying the game as much as I enjoy it. I can't recommend it for anybody.', "It's not for everyone. I love the game, I really do, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of the game, but I can't recommend it for anyone without spending money.", "I don't think it's a bad game, but I don't think it's worth the money in the end. If you don't want to spend money on anything, you can play casual card games like Hearthstone or Magic the Gathering. I think that's one of the best modes you can play, and the game is free, but you're still going to get a few tickets, and if you don't want to spend money, you can play a few different modes like draft. I think that's a good bit of a lot of fun, and it's a lot of fun to play, but I don't think it's fun to play for free.", "You don't have to buy a ticket to play, but you do have to buy a card. I've been playing Magic the Gathering for a long time, and I don't think I ever lost a match, but I don't think I ever lost a card game that I enjoy playing. It's not that hard, I can go to tournaments and I can just play. I know the game has a lot of complexity, but it's really fun to play. The biggest downside is that it's not really for everyone, but it's not that hard. I like it because I don't have to spend money to play the game, but I don't like the fact that I have to buy a lot of cards to play the game, and I don't like the fact that I can just play casual phantom drafts and get some tickets, and I can play a lot of other modes, but I don't think I've ever lost a match, but I don't think I ever lost a card game that I enjoy playing. It's not that hard, I can go to tournaments and I can just play. I know the game has a lot of complexity, but it's really fun to play, and I like it because I don't have to spend money to play the game.", "The game has a lot of depth, but the monetization is just a big
I love Artifact, and the gameplay is fun, but the way you're having to spend money is just ridiculous to me. I can't play competitively in Artifact, but I can play the competitive modes, and I have to pay for them. And, for those that don't have any money, you don't have to spend anywhere. I didn't even need to buy anything, and I could buy the packs I wanted, and play a few matches, and the game would just give me a ticket to play them.", "As a Magic fan and a Magic fan, I was surprised to find out that there is a real plan on how to make this game work and work well. The initial cards, the "draft" mode, and the "curve" mode are great. I'm a Magic card game fan for over 20 years, and I'm very much an amnesiac. I like the meta game, it's fun to play, and it's super fun to play with friends. The game is very fun and has a lot of depth. The game is easy to understand and understand, and the game itself is very unique. I would say that the monetization is a bit above average, but it is very good. I would recommend the game if you're a Magic fan. I'm not complaining, I'm not a Magic fan, I simply love the game. I'm not a Magic fan, I'm a Magic fan.", 'The game is fun, but there's a lot of things to consider. For example, the "curve" mode, which is where you can play a lot of different cards at once, is really fun. There are cards that you control, and they're actually pretty strong. The amount of "curves" you have to play is pretty small, so you have to really carefully consider how to play them, and how they're going to play out in the long run. There's a lot of balance to be had, and the game is really enjoyable. I don't think I'll ever play a game that's not really fun and I love the way the game is designed. However, I have a lot of faith that this game will work out, and I'm very happy with how it has turned out.', 'Also, the economy is great as a whole, and I can put all my stuff in a collection, and I can make the most money I can, which is a big plus in a lot of decks. I also prefer it that there is no free to play mode.', 'This game is really good, and I was very excited to give it a try. I am truly excited for the future of this game, and I will be playing it with friends for the next few years.', 'I am really proud of the game, and I highly recommend it to everyone. I'm still looking for the next big card game, but if you're interested in this type of game, I highly recommend it.', 'For those that are not familiar with this game, it is a card game where you play with cards. Your deck is randomly chosen, with the number of cards you win determines the number of cards you get. The game has a very fast paced economy and a lot of depth. I have not played a card game that involved playing with cards for a long period of time. I have played a lot of card games, and I have found this to be the best card game I have ever played. I love the fact that there is no grinding. I am an expert in Artifact, and I have already spent a lot of money on packs and tickets, and am also a lot of fun.', "I have played a lot of card games, and I have found this to be the best card game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I have spent a lot of money on a lot of cards, and I am a huge fan of this game.", 'This game is a brilliant idea if you want to be competitive. It's been awhile since I've been able to play competitively, but I am currently using this game to try out a few matches. I really enjoyed this game, and I have very much enjoyed playing. I feel like this game will continue to grow as the game goes on. I am happy that I'm able to play this game and enjoy it as much as I do.', "I have a lot of faith in this game, and I'm excited to see how it evolves. I have played a lot of card games and I have its flaws. I am a big fan of this game, and I am excited to see how it evolves. I have played a lot of card games, and I have been able to play a lot of cards. This game is super fun, and I am very excited for its future. I am very happy about the game's future. It is a bit expensive for a card game, but I am really, really happy about it.", 'I really like the game, and the monet

I hate Artifact...
I hate Artifact. You can't play as much as you want and you have to buy cards to get what you want. At least, that's how I see it, but this is a scam.", "Really bad representation of how a game should be.", 'It's a review game, not a buy/sell. The game is not a buy, it's a sell.', 'The biggest complaint you can have with this game is that it's really bad. The game is slow and boring and it's hard to understand. The gameplay is pretty convoluted and the monetization is insane. The game is garbage, the monetization is terrible and I will not be replaying this game. I recommend you to people who are like me, like a hardcore tabletop game, and who are just not interested in games. Please, Valve, please stop this game.', 'This game is garbage, and I will not be playing it for a long time.', 'I have played some of the highest priced card games, and the "combo" system is an absolute hit. It is not a good idea to have to purchase cards in order to play competitively. This is a scam game, not a buy.', 'Do you really want to spend thousands of dollars on a product? You are going to have to buy a ticket, and pay for tickets. This is one of the worst games on the market and they have ruined the money of people who don't care about the game.', 'I will also not be playing this game for a long time, because I really want to play casual TCG's.', "This is the worst game I have ever played. You don't even get to play for a full day on the market for a full set. I am not a TCG fan, not even a casual player. I love Artifact, and I will not be playing it for a long time. This is the worst game I have ever played, and I will not be playing it for a long time. It is not a fun game, and it is not a good game. I have played MTG and Hearthstone, and I have never played any other card game. I am not a TCG fan, but I am a casual player. I have never played a card game before, and I am not even a TCG fan. I feel the need to listen to people who are not TCG fans, but I am a TCG fan. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. This game is not worth it. If you want to be competitive, have fun, and have fun playing this game. It is not worth spending money on.", "I had a blast playing this game. Plays very well, has a lot of depth, and I love the game. I don't want to spend more to have more fun with the game, but it is not free to play. I don't want to spend more money than I would have to to play the game for fun and I am not a TCG fan. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. I love this game. I have a good reason to love this game. I don't want to spend more money than I would have to spend to play the game for fun, but I am not a TCG fan and I will not be playing this game. I have a good reason to love this game. I'm a TCG fan, and I hate this game. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. I love this game, I love this game, I love this game, I love this game. I love this game. I hate this game. I love it. I love it. I love this game. I hate it. I love it. I love it. I'm losing it. I love it. I love this game, I love it. I love it. I love this game. I love it, I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it.", 'I want to play this game for two whole hours, but I can't. I don't want to buy tickets, I don't want to buy anything. I don't want to play any other game.', 'You can't play this game for a full day on the market, and you can't. You can't buy any cards, and you can't play any other game.', 'I want to play this game for a very long time, but I can't. I don't want to buy tickets, I don't want to buy anything. I don't want to play any other game.', 'I want to play this game for two whole hours, but I can't. I don't want to play any other game.', 'I want to play this
I hate Artifact, I love it but I don't have the time to have it play any other card game.", "I am a big fan of the lore, it is a really great game. I am a big fan of the card art, I love the animations and the presentation. I'm a big fan of the community, and I really like the lore. I enjoy every aspect of this game. I'm a fan of trading card games and I really like the idea of a trading card game. I really like this game and I really like the gameplay.", "Fun game. I can't wait to try it out and see what I like and how I like it.", 'If you want to play a TCG you should buy it.', "I love this game, it's pretty competitive.",, "The system is very well-designed and it is very competitive. I am loving the progression and the skill of this game. It's a lot of fun to play and to play competitly, it's a lot more fun than most online card games. I've played a lot of card games, but Artifact really shines in the competitive ones. I can see myself playing this for years, but I don't want to spend huge amounts of money just to win, but that's a lot of fun.", 'I strongly recommend this game, it's a lot of fun to play, and I'm loving it.', 'I want to like this game more. I think Artifact is a great game to play with friends and enjoy the game mode.', 'I want to like this game more.', 'My initial purchase was a great deal and I will continue to play it for years to come. I even have a match where I run out of dust and I end up winning by a small amount. It's a fantastic game and I can\'t wait to get into it.', "I really like these games, they are both fun and interesting to play. The gameplay is cool, and there is a lot of replayability to this game. I'm enjoying the game immensely. I'm not sure it will be as popular as there is a lot of negativity about it. It's not like it's a game where you have to be a top player to win a lot of games. You just need to be able to play well to get into a top tier card game. I've played Magic and Magic Arena and they were all very good, but Artifact is much more of a "fun game" to play. It's a lot of fun to play, and I've seen a lot of people complaining about it, but it's actually really fun to play. I do not expect to have all the cards in the game, but I don't think it will be a problem. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think its fun enough that I will just stick with it.", "I love the idea of hands-free play. You can play against any player for free, and you can play against any deck for free. I love the fact that I can create decks for free with the cards I own. I am not a huge fan of the monetization model, but I am a big fan of it and I'm excited to see how it evolves as more people begin to see it as a viable option. I really enjoy the free starter decks I have from playing the game, and I think this is a very good thing, and I think people will enjoy it too.", "I don't think it's a bad thing for people to be able to play for free. They have a base here, and I think the money is going to buy into it. I'm going to be very happy with that.", "I am also very excited and excited to see how the game evolves. I've been playing Magic since I was a kid, and I've been playing Artifact since I was a kid, and I've been playing it for a long time. I've seen it in the 30 or 60 years of Magic lore. I've tried it, and I've had a lot of fun. I'm not going to critique this game, or give it a negative review, but I'd like to see some of the things that are going on in the game, and some of the things that I don't think are going on in the game. I think the money is going to go into the game, and I'm sure it will. I'm not sure how it's going to evolve with the more popular players and the more casual players, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun for people to try it out. I don't think it's a problem, but I do not think it's fun to play.", 'I am excited about the future of this game.', 'I like the mechanics.', 'I like the way the game is going.', 'I like the way it has a little bit of a challenge, but I think it's going to be a lot more
I hate Artifact but I have never played a card that I could not already know before I played in a casual draft. The game is absurd and lacking any kind of progression.", "I have no problem with this game and I see it as a great game.", "In terms of the monetization, it is not bad at all. I have not played the whole 4-5 weeks, and I am enjoying myself immensely. I am using a 20 dollar dollar card/pack and I am getting a lot of cards with my deck in the shop. I have no issues with it, but I am a big fan of the monetization model and I would have given this game a negative review if I didn't like the monetization.", "This game is good for people who are looking for a game that has depth, that is affordable, and a bit more complicated than Hearthstone. As a person who has been playing card games for over 20 years, I can say that the game is deep and it has a lot of replayability. I recommend this game to people who are looking for a more complex and deep game. The monetization is incredibly fair and I like it.", 'I have played my whole life and am still doing it. I have played Magic the Gathering, Magic: The Gathering, Eternal and Hearthstone but I have never played a card game that I do not have a deep love for. I love games like Dota and Magic and I love the challenge that Magic presents. I have never played a game that I do not have a deep love for. I love the games that I am playing and I am thrilled I am enjoying the game. I am not a fan of the monetization model and it is a shame that it is not in the best place. I don't have any bad feelings about it but I will recomend it.', 'I was even surprised when I tried it out for the first time and I could not stop enjoying it. I have played all of the games that Valve has released, and I have never felt like I was losing to a bad player. I have never felt like I was winning in a game that I didn't have the chance to experience. This game is huge and I am very happy with my experience.', 'I highly recommend this game. It is a great experience. The prices are reasonable and the game is fun.', 'I will recommend this game to people who are looking for a competitive card game, but like me, don't like games that are really free. I would say that you can play for free for the first few hours, and then you will have to pay $20 for a full collection of cards (most of which are mostly not free) to play. The game is great, and fun, and I am a fan of the lore for many people. I am also a big fan of the Valve award system. I would really like to get a Valve award, but it is unlikely to ever happen.', 'I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys the game. It is an amazing card game, and you can play for free in the marketplace for years to come. I highly recommend it.', "This game is absolutely amazing, and I'm a big fan of the free modes. You can play for free in the game, and they have lots of prizes for free players.", "I am a huge fan of Dota and Hearthstone, but I have never played a game that I did not enjoy.", 'I've been playing a lot of other things for a long time now, and I was loving this game. I was a little surprised that this game didn't come out in Steam, but I was really surprised. I had hoped that the game would be a little more polished, but it was a lot of fun, and a lot of fun. The voice acting is great, and the game is fun, but it feels lost in the background. The game is so full of fun and intense, but it really doesn't have a lot of depth. I don't know if I will ever play this game again, but I love it. I had a lot of fun playing this game, and I am very happy with the way it has changed over time. Hopefully this game will stay fun for years to come, and I will keep playing it.', "I still have a lot of questions about this game, but I'm happy to say I'm enjoying it. I do think there are a lot of different modes that you can play in, and I think there are lots of ways to play some of them, but I've been enjoying this game a lot more. I think it is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I think it's a very good game to play, and the fact that it's a lot of fun, and there's a lot of free stuff out there for people to play with.", "I'm not a huge game player, but I like this game a lot. It's a lot of fun, and it's not as expensive as some

I need to go to sleep and check tomorrow where these generated sentences come from. Surely, it must be some copy-pastes of some real reviews.

Good luck trying to detect review bombing if such a tool works so well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I have just tried to apply some code by minimaxir on Artifact's reviews, and it is blowing my mind.

I love Artifact...

I hate Artifact...

I need to go to sleep and check tomorrow where these sentences come from.

Good luck trying to detect review bombing if such a tool works so well.

There was a thread in the OT that I couldn't really parse, and the replies by the OP were equally as dense. It was grammatically correct, but the ideas didn't really make sense. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that learning AIs are out there.

edit: reread the op, it's too coherent, it's just poorly argued.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love Portia and it will likely be landing in my Top 10 this year.

It's got some jank around the edges such as inconsistent voice acting and frame stuttering when loading in big events like boss fights. But the game more than makes up for it with its charming presentation, broad scope of activities and depth of mechanics.

Make no mistake, it's a treadmill crafting game with one production line leading into the next. But surprisingly every "next-level" of production is led by story beats that are genuinely good (not omg, great!) for the genre. It keeps the game moving forward and really gives you a sense of direction & purpose.

I love how much stuff there is to do in Portia. Building, crafting, exploring, gathering, fighting, romancing...you name it. The world is gorgeous with awesome water-color, post-apocalypse presentation that's colorfully & happy rather than drab & edgy.

There's a demo linked off the Steam store page if you wanna try before you buy. I do think the build is like 6 months behind the final release, but it will at least give you a sense of what to expect. (Only pro-tips I'd offer would be to adjust the Audio sliders and scale back the Time speed so the days last longer.)

Portia is a really charming Stardew/Harvest Moon experience that's got a ton of heart and a unique identity. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it ranks with the best.
Thanks for the great insight -- this pushed me over and I will definitely be getting it for the weekend. Does the game also have plenty of farming elements to it, in a traditional HM way, moreso than production line stuff?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Portia is 100% production front & center. There's farming activities (crops, fishing, etc.) but it feels like a back-seat focus.

Kinda disappointing as I'm an unabashed Farm Sim nerd, but the strengths of the game's focus on material production completely won me over in the end.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Portia is 100% production front & center. There's farming activities (crops, fishing, etc.) but it feels like a back-seat focus.

Kinda disappointing as I'm an unabashed Farm Sim nerd, but the strengths of the game's focus on material production completely won me over in the end.

what he said. I never even touched the farming stuff unless needed for a quest.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Can't speak to Portia from my own experience but my girlfriend is a massive stardew valley fan and loves it

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that is more or less what the pros were commenting on doing (abuse invis and avoid fights until late on in the game).

I guess they need to make it somehow so that AI also trains longer matches? The AI getting blind on what items to build after the mid game ends is quite a big flaw.

The issue is that for the AI to learn, it has to get to late game in a large section of the games it plays so it actually has a large data set to learn from. If the AI plays like it normally does and quickly pushes down towers and wins quickly then it doesn't learn anything it doesn't already do well.

Same thing for invis heroes, wards and other things that were disabled becaue the AI couldn't handle it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Remember when this was how Steam Support Worked.
(I recall my dumbass bought a Valve collection from walmart and tried to play it by connecting Two laptops together like an Xbox System Link at one point too lol).

steam57jme.png

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
The new "Rune" game might be heading to EGS. They announced this an hour ago:
Yeah, I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Epic was also quite involved in the original game, so there's at least some continuity there. Here's the original press release from back when Rune was announced in 1999:

"Human Head Studios has been given unprecedented access to the inner workings of Epic's current and future Unreal technology," said Tim Gerritsen, Human Head's director of business development director. "We are excited to partner with Epic on this game and share the tools, skills and talents of Epic's staff."

https://www.ign.com/articles/1999/01/20/epic-goes-viking

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I need to go to sleep and check tomorrow where these generated sentences come from. Surely, it must be some copy-pastes of some real reviews.

And it is not. It is blowing my mind!

I love Artifact. I just love how different the three lanes are. I really like the movement and the animations. The balancing is great. I have to say that I don't like having to pay to play constructed. I really like the fact that the game gives you 2 legendaries and you can play drafts for free. I can't recommend this game to everyone, but if you are feeling a little bit lucky, I suggest you try it. If you are just looking for a casual card game, I suggest you try it, because I think it will be a lot cheaper.", "Artifact is a game with a lot of potential. You can easily turn into a first person shooter or a card game. I'd recommend it for those looking for a way to play a game that feels fresh and free to play without spending money.", 'If you are looking for a game that's fun and deep, consider this.', 'The game itself is pretty good. There's a lot of depth to the game, games are fun, but some mistakes can be costly. The art style is quite good, there's a lot of strategy, but the game itself is a little kludgy.', 'The game is really good, but people complaining about the monetization are missing out.', "The game is not cheap, but it is not expensive for a game like Hearthstone. I was a fan of Artifact and I use it because of the card model and the abilities that you get with it. I enjoy the game as much as I do and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of Artifact, but I can't recommend it to anyone who has really low skill levels.", 'I love the monetization, but I have to say it is not for everyone. I think it will be $20 to $30 for the core game. It will cost you money if you want to play constructed, but it will be more expensive if you want to play draft.', 'I'm really enjoying this game. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm really enjoying the game as much as I enjoy it. I can't recommend it for anybody.', 'I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm not a big fan of the monetization, but I do like how it feels. I'm really enjoying the game as much as I enjoy it. I can't recommend it for anybody.', "It's not for everyone. I love the game, I really do, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of the game, but I can't recommend it for anyone without spending money.", "I don't think it's a bad game, but I don't think it's worth the money in the end. If you don't want to spend money on anything, you can play casual card games like Hearthstone or Magic the Gathering. I think that's one of the best modes you can play, and the game is free, but you're still going to get a few tickets, and if you don't want to spend money, you can play a few different modes like draft. I think that's a good bit of a lot of fun, and it's a lot of fun to play, but I don't think it's fun to play for free.", "You don't have to buy a ticket to play, but you do have to buy a card. I've been playing Magic the Gathering for a long time, and I don't think I ever lost a match, but I don't think I ever lost a card game that I enjoy playing. It's not that hard, I can go to tournaments and I can just play. I know the game has a lot of complexity, but it's really fun to play. The biggest downside is that it's not really for everyone, but it's not that hard. I like it because I don't have to spend money to play the game, but I don't like the fact that I have to buy a lot of cards to play the game, and I don't like the fact that I can just play casual phantom drafts and get some tickets, and I can play a lot of other modes, but I don't think I've ever lost a match, but I don't think I ever lost a card game that I enjoy playing. It's not that hard, I can go to tournaments and I can just play. I know the game has a lot of complexity, but it's really fun to play, and I like it because I don't have to spend money to play the game.", "The game has a lot of depth, but the monetization is just a big

I hate Artifact. You can't play as much as you want and you have to buy cards to get what you want. At least, that's how I see it, but this is a scam.", "Really bad representation of how a game should be.", 'It's a review game, not a buy/sell. The game is not a buy, it's a sell.', 'The biggest complaint you can have with this game is that it's really bad. The game is slow and boring and it's hard to understand. The gameplay is pretty convoluted and the monetization is insane. The game is garbage, the monetization is terrible and I will not be replaying this game. I recommend you to people who are like me, like a hardcore tabletop game, and who are just not interested in games. Please, Valve, please stop this game.', 'This game is garbage, and I will not be playing it for a long time.', 'I have played some of the highest priced card games, and the "combo" system is an absolute hit. It is not a good idea to have to purchase cards in order to play competitively. This is a scam game, not a buy.', 'Do you really want to spend thousands of dollars on a product? You are going to have to buy a ticket, and pay for tickets. This is one of the worst games on the market and they have ruined the money of people who don't care about the game.', 'I will also not be playing this game for a long time, because I really want to play casual TCG's.', "This is the worst game I have ever played. You don't even get to play for a full day on the market for a full set. I am not a TCG fan, not even a casual player. I love Artifact, and I will not be playing it for a long time. This is the worst game I have ever played, and I will not be playing it for a long time. It is not a fun game, and it is not a good game. I have played MTG and Hearthstone, and I have never played any other card game. I am not a TCG fan, but I am a casual player. I have never played a card game before, and I am not even a TCG fan. I feel the need to listen to people who are not TCG fans, but I am a TCG fan. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. This game is not worth it. If you want to be competitive, have fun, and have fun playing this game. It is not worth spending money on.", "I had a blast playing this game. Plays very well, has a lot of depth, and I love the game. I don't want to spend more to have more fun with the game, but it is not free to play. I don't want to spend more money than I would have to to play the game for fun and I am not a TCG fan. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. I love this game. I have a good reason to love this game. I don't want to spend more money than I would have to spend to play the game for fun, but I am not a TCG fan and I will not be playing this game. I have a good reason to love this game. I'm a TCG fan, and I hate this game. I will end this review because I am a TCG fan. I love this game, I love this game, I love this game, I love this game. I love this game. I hate this game. I love it. I love it. I love this game. I hate it. I love it. I love it. I'm losing it. I love it. I love this game, I love it. I love it. I love this game. I love it, I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it.", 'I want to play this game for two whole hours, but I can't. I don't want to buy tickets, I don't want to buy anything. I don't want to play any other game.', 'You can't play this game for a full day on the market, and you can't. You can't buy any cards, and you can't play any other game.', 'I want to play this game for a very long time, but I can't. I don't want to buy tickets, I don't want to buy anything. I don't want to play any other game.', 'I want to play this game for two whole hours, but I can't. I don't want to play any other game.', 'I want to play this

For instance, the expression "biggest downside" appears twice in the input data:

However, the real biggest downside is constructed is P2W (marketplace sells power, some cards are apparently better than others and there is no way you can earn cards by playing.)

The best upside of Artifact is you can play with just what you have but the biggest downside is if you want to play competitive constructed (or even social constructed) you will need to engage with the marketplace to buy the cards you want for your deck.

None are similar to the sentence which uses this expression in the generated text:

The biggest downside is that it's not really for everyone, but it's not that hard.

The generated text does not make points as a human-written text does, but the syntax is good and it is very readable. It all makes sense.

edit: reread the op, it's too coherent, it's just poorly argued.

That is what an AI would do. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.