• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility towards staff, history of same.
Shame to hear about JaseC. Always loved his content and his expertise on Steam inner workings were second to none. It shows how fucked up this place has become if it drives someone so constantly helpful to "quit" the internet.

Goodbye JaseC, be well.

MODERATION continues to be a joke
Did I win your fill-in-the-blank puzzle?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Shame to hear about JaseC. Always loved his content and his expertise on Steam inner works were second to none. It shows how fucked up this place has become if it drives someone so constantly helpful to "quit" the internet.

Did I win your fill-in-the-blank puzzle?

LOL

I almost made a post a couple days ago with a bunch of __________'s in it. I think we're all kind of thinking it.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
First the pc gaming thread now he's the Saoirse pc gaming surrogate. We've created a monster.

cJlBUVL.gif

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad to hear about Jase. He was one of the good ones.

I thought it was a joke post, but it clearly got to him and you can't really blame him.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted here in a while, but I'd like to wish JaseC well, he was one of the pillars of the old Steam thread (and basically the reason for me joining the old site).

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your helpful posts over the years Jase, I don't think you ever turned down someone asking for your help either. Top guy.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I don't blame JaseC for leaving.

I can't recall a time where I wasn't immensely frustrated with the gaming community.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is. The internet and especially social media have broken us all.

People going on about the secret sauce of SSDs already, dunno wtf theyre on about
Does it matter? Consoles not having SSDs is entirely about cost.

Decrying other people who finally get a technical advancement due to maturing markets because "PC could have that for a long time!" seems like a monumental waste of energy. It's something new for them to think about—and we don't have to care or have an opinion about their thoughts because it's already been a reality for us for years.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Decrying other people who finally get a technical advancement due to maturing markets because "PC could have that for a long time!" seems like a monumental waste of energy. It's something new for them to think about—and we don't have to care or have an opinion about their thoughts because it's already been a reality for us for years.
That isn't what I said, but whatever man.

Oct 27, 2017

Nothing wrong for them to get new (heh) stuff, but describing as alien technology or as Sony's finest technical achievement is bizarre.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what happen with JaseC? Sad to see he left. His PC performance threads are very helpful.

But I won't blame him. I am also reluctant to come to this forum lately, maybe for different reasons but this place is definitely getting worse. Never had this feeling on NeoGAF before everything came down.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck, JaseC's gone? :( If you're still reading the thread, take care man, and hope to see you around. You absolutely did your best in these trying times, and no-one can ask for more.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

That thread literally has poeple saying Sony, which is not related to data storage industry at all, has some secret SSD tech that is better then anything that is avaliable for PCs.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
If anything the secret sauce is the pci4 bus zen2 will support, but let's be honest they are not going to put a drive in there that will totally max that bandwidth or even come close. especially if they want to make it a price people will pay.

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on things. Shame about JaseC. I didn't know him really well but he was always incredibly nice and helpful. Him leaving is a big loss for this community. :(

That being said, as much as it saddens me to see this community falling apart (the Steam thread is what originally got me to start lurking and eventually posting back on GAF), for a while now I've felt that it's only a matter of time before the moderation here decides we're no longer wanted and just kills this thread altogether. Might have to start posting on MetaCouncil, I guess. Or not bother at all. The internet (and gaming communities in general) have been especially insufferable lately. Maybe JaseC has the right idea lol...

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong for them to get new (heh) stuff, but describing as alien technology or as Sony's finest technical achievement is bizarre.
Arguments about technology on the internet are routinely absurd. That isn't exclusive to gaming.

That thread literally has poeple saying Sony, which is not related to data storage industry at all, has some secret SSD tech that is better then anything that is avaliable for PCs.
Somebody having a silly notion that Sony has the secrets to the technology that is in every single smartphone nowadays is just entirely irrelevant to anything, and I don't think anything is gained by trying to convince them otherwise.

I can understand laughing at them or being dismissive, but I don't think it's a sign that the forum is broken or that people who play games on PC are going to be driven from the board. It's just silly people airing their silly opinions, of which there is an endless supply to go around.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Arguments about technology on the internet are routinely absurd. That isn't exclusive to gaming.

Somebody having a silly notion that Sony has the secrets to the technology that is in every single smartphone nowadays is just entirely irrelevant to anything, and I don't think anything is gained by trying to convince them otherwise.

I can understand laughing at them or being dismissive, but I don't think it's a sign that the forum is broken or that people who play games on PC are going to be driven from the board. It's just silly people airing their silly opinions, of which there is an endless supply to go around.
Nobody said it would.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Problem is that when there's no pushback against such ignorance, it creates a New Normal where rampant speculation about things without any basis in fact is absolutely fine. The issue the Steam/Valve threads have always had here is that people are willing to push their opinions even in the face of facts that directly contradict those opinions... and there was no official pushback, because (and I was told this by a mod) "People just have dumb opinions", which meant bans/warnings weren't given.

I don't want to speak for JaseC, but if I were him - with his wealth of actual knowledge of Valve/Steam that was routinely ignored - I would've said "Fuck this" to everything a long time ago.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
if y'all leave just leave me a note where i should sign up for next

i have no allegiance to no forum

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love you Jase, even if I felt your purchasing habits weren't healthy. I also applaud anyone who steps back from forum time, it's not a healthy obsession.

I still haven't found an alternative for news or community discussion though, so I'll be seeing the rest of you degenerates around the halls, cutting class, and smoking in the parking lot.

Concerning the Community

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is something i've wanted to get off my chest for awhile. With the current news of JaseC leaving, I think it's the right time to bring it up. Even if some might not want to hear it. Several posts in the last few pages are perfect examples of why JaseC left. The constant pokes at mods and general negative attitudes from time to time, make this thread hard to post in for anyone, even the old guard.

Unbeknownst to most, JaseC actually wanted to step down further back. So I can understand why he finally had enough. Hell, It's why I haven't been posting in this community as much as I used to because I haven't felt welcome. But I would still call it home.

I know the EGS stuff as well as other cases can get heated in numerous ways. But none of this is worth driving off good members of the community who only ever wanted to help. Hostility (even as a joke) can end up driving away the people who care the most afterall.

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Problem is that when there's no pushback against such ignorance, it creates a New Normal where rampant speculation about things without any basis in fact is absolutely fine. The issue the Steam/Valve threads have always had here is that people are willing to push their opinions even in the face of facts that directly contradict those opinions... and there was no official pushback, because (and I was told this by a mod) "People just have dumb opinions", which meant bans/warnings weren't given.
Maybe as a longtime Mac user I just have a different perspective.

Talking shit and nonsense is an everyday occurrence (I even suspect from some of the people who complain now about how PC gaming is treated here). I learned ages ago that none of it matters and it's not worth wasting time on.

If somebody wants to think Sony is the holy grail of gaming, so what? I guess I just don't understand how their opinion really matters. Certainly we have so many things we can be talking about besides some future console's theoretical features (and no, I don't mean anime).

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's conceivable that Sony could use some bespoke SSD tech that's outside of current standards. They don't have to worry about compatibility.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
This is something i've wanted to get off my chest for awhile. With the current news of JaseC leaving, I think it's the right time to bring it up. Even if some might not want to hear it. Several posts in the last few pages are perfect examples of why JaseC left. The constant pokes at mods and general negative attitudes from time to time, make this thread hard to post in for anyone, even the old guard.

Unbeknownst to most, JaseC actually wanted to step down further back. So I can understand why he finally had enough. Hell, It's why I haven't been posting in this community as much as I used to because I haven't felt welcome. But I would still call it home.

I know the EGS stuff as well as other cases can get heated in numerous ways. But none of this is worth driving off good members of the community who only ever wanted to help. Hostility (even as a joke) can end up driving away the people who care the most afterall.

Yeah I agree, I've never had any problems with any of you guys and have stayed out of all of the hostile threads. I've had nothing but respect for Jase and he informed me on a lot of things which I'm forever thankful for. I don't want you to get chased away either Jaw, I always enjoy reading your PC posts and I'd like to see you get more active here again. Especially if a Dino Crisis reboot materializes.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's conceivable that Sony could use some bespoke SSD tech that's outside of current standards. They don't have to worry about compatibility.
Just to note, Sony was actually a huge player in data storage (MO, AIT, Blu Ray), but they don't really have any expertise in this particular area, and it's unlikely such a thing would be cost effective (especially when the mobile market already consumes so much of the available supply).

The only question is if it will be a drive casing or soldered on.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan

Also in the meantime don't forget it takes two to tango. The negativity sucks but it is a result of something.

People should just do the logical thing, just stop posting or browsing the forum all together instead of hitting back. Really only way I see the best outcome of all this.

vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
I very rarely post in these threads but always have them bookmarked and try to keep up. JaseC has long been a pillar of this community and it's sad to see him go. He's made and maintained tons of PC performance topics and posted answers/help for people in these threads frequently. It's too bad that he's going scorched earth instead of taking a small break, but maybe that's what's best for him.

The posts in this community have definitely become more unbearable as of late. I don't really have anything constructive to say about that though. People are right to be pissed about the Epic situation and this thread feels like a safe space to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.