• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Joining the chorus wishing for JaseC to be well. I'm mostly a lurker but even so I greatly appreciate how helpful he always was.

Huge loss for the community, but he must do what's best for him. A "thank you" for all his great contributions all around.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I've been on the internet for many console generations.

It's like Fallout. War never changes.

Oh and best wishes to JaseC, wherever you are.

Oct 25, 2017
Baron von Loathsome
It is time to put on our detective hats

SF5 got 2 Warzard/Red Earth outfits. A Breath of Fire series outfit set is releasing too.
Captain Commando was an alt. outfit early on in SF5 for Nash. Ryu got both an Arthur and Cyberbots outfit as well.
Capcpom is planning something, the question is when will we see themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It feels like Capcom...

WANTS TO SELL US COSTUMES!

hqdefault.jpg

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
With how this forum just started to perk up about SSDs. You would think they just got invented. Its actually hilarous.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Can never disagree with people who decide to check out from the internet for their own health and well-being.

We'd likely all be better off.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you'll read this JaseC, but thank you for all the help you've offered to others and myself.
You were a well of knowledge and it shows altruism that you shared it so readily and happily.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Got to love ssds with "secret sauce"

I'm not mentally ready for another new console generation sigh
I don't even have a current gen console, and my pc is middle aged at best. I know how you feel.
That said, any saved cash after my wedding is going to new pc parts, and maybe a switch. ... hopefully.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Damn, sad to hear about JaseC. I always enjoyed seeing posts from him. This should be a reminder to all that if internet communities start to affect you in any way, it's alright to step back and reevaluate things.
Got to love ssds with "secret sauce"

I'm not mentally ready for another new console generation sigh
My buddy sent me that Wired article this morning, and at first I thought the bit about an SSD was a joke or like tongue-in-cheek. I also like how Cerny was like "I bought a SSD and it cost more than a PS4 Pro," and like, no, that's not true. It's just so weird seeing people get so excited about a fucking SSD.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
With how this forum just started to perk up about SSDs. You would think they just got invented. Its actually hilarous.

Makes sense given that current gen consoles don't get all that much advantage from them in most games and don't even support TRIM. So, proper support for them and using some interface that looks to be at least as good as NVMe is actually a big thing.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow, that's sad to hear with JaseC. Really liked him and his insane Steam knowledge. Always there when you had a question regarding anything Steam.
I hope he may come back eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
MRORANGE stepping down from managing threads and JaseC walking away from posting is a considerable loss for the community, especially in such a short time frame. They've both been around longer than I've been part of the extended Steam/PC communities so I always considered them pillars that just... were? Would be? Always enjoyed being able to help people with their questions or explain the ins-and-outs of various aspects of Steam way back when and learned a lot from Jase's knowledge of things.

I can imagine the stress has only amplified after becoming a moderator and one of the voices for PCEra on staff. Whatever was going on that led to Jase's exit today, I hope he's finally relieved of that. Take care of yourself!

Last edited:

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I think being a "PC based" mod would be enough to get to anyone.

Seriously, who doesn't love JaseC?

My favorite thing about him, though, is the fact I know his Steam user ID, but couldn't name my full user ID if you paid me a billion dollars right now.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Damn, Jase wiped me off his Steam Friends list. I ain't mad, I just feel bad for whatever got him feeling this way.

If you're reading JaseC - You have been a massive help in learning about Steam and have, honestly, been invaluable in getting me into PC games in the first place (way back in the day). In a circuitous way, Cuphead being on PC owes a small piece to you and the other members of the PC forum posters.

Thanks for all you've done.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I don't post here often but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the helpful posts and threads that JaseC has put up. I hope whatever's got him feeling this way isn't anything that's out of his control and that he can bounce back!

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
JaseC, we didn't interact much in the past, but I just would like to say that I always appreciate your effort in making the PC performance thread. I didn't remember if it was you who made The Witcher 2 PC performance thread on GAF back in the day, but it's one of the reasons I joined GAF in the first place. I always thought you are a good bloke and you'll be sorely missed.

tenor.gif

Be well, mate.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): History of hostility towards members and staff
Goodbye JaseC, be well.

________ continues to be a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.