• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Read up on pcgaming wiki on how to enable some DLC.
Also shotguns are the best in this game.

Perfect. One of my complaints was that I have my in-game mouse sensitivity suuuuuuper low while using a high DPI mouse, since that's how I like to play FPS, but it totally screws up the mouse in menus. It's been a real drag and has largely kept me out of the crafting window as much as possible.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Finished
header.jpg

It's alright to good, but nothing outstanding.

The plot is interesting but kinda ends like a wet fart.
The survival aspect of the game is pretty cool, but they could've done a looot more with the basebuilding aspect.
The actual dungeon crawling isn't anywhere near something like Legend of Grimrock but does its job fine.
The clone mechanic is really cool and uniqe, but that's also not being used enough.

Wouldn't recommend at full price, but it's worth checking out once its on sale if you're into DRPG's.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Finished
header.jpg

The survival aspect of the game is pretty cool, but they could've done a looot more with the basebuilding aspect.
The actual dungeon crawling isn't anywhere near something like Legend of Grimrock but does its job fine.
The clone mechanic is really cool and uniqe, but that's also not being used enough.

Wouldn't recommend at full price, but it's worth checking out once its on sale if you're into DRPG's.

my own fault really in terms of expectations, but I was hoping for more of a stronger VN experience out of Zanki Zero, and it's just not hitting that for me so far =/

Last edited:

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
In total, the current version of OpenAI Five has consumed 800 petaflop/s-days and experienced about 45,000 years of Dota self-play over 10 realtime months (up from about 10,000 years over 1.5 realtime months as of The International), for an average of 250 years of simulated experience per day. The Finals version of OpenAI Five has a 99.9% winrate versus the TI version.

https://openai.com/blog/how-to-train-your-openai-five/

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

The current version of OpenAI Five has been training continuously since June 2018, despite changes to the model size and the game rules (including some fairly large game patch updates and newly implemented features). In each case, we were able to transfer the model over and continue training—something that is an open challenge for RL in other domains. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time an RL agent has been trained using such a long-lived training run.

Now this is impressive. Main issue of current AIs is that transferable skills are lacking, if they are able to solve that, it would reduce the cost of training an AI (as it would not start from 0).

We spent several weeks training with hero pools up to 25 heroes, bringing those heroes to approximately 5k MMR (about 95th percentile of Dota players). Although they were still improving, they weren't learning fast enough to reach pro level before Finals. We haven't yet had time to investigate why, but our hypotheses range from insufficient model capacity to needing better matchmaking for the expanded hero pool to requiring more training time for new heroes to catch up to old heroes. Imagine how hard it is for a human to learn a new hero when everyone else has mastered theirs!
And this is worrying (in the sense of we not likely to ever have a full AI draft).

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stop gushing over Risk of Rain 2. It is a time travel device that changes time but not space.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
And this is worrying (in the sense of we not likely to ever have a full AI draft).

If someone is willing to spend time, provide money, or "compute", it could be feasible, according to OpenAI.

It is just not interesting enough for them to continue spending time and money to build a pro-level AI for each hero.

Moreover, what if people find exploits during Arena? There would be little interest in training an AI for 100+ heroes if it is currently lacking in some way for 18.

We saw very little slowdown in training going from 5 to 18 heroes. We hypothesized the same would be true going to even more heroes, and after The International, we put a lot of effort into integrating new ones.

We spent several weeks training with hero pools up to 25 heroes, bringing those heroes to approximately 5k MMR (about 95th percentile of Dota players). Although they were still improving, they weren't learning fast enough to reach pro level before Finals. We haven't yet had time to investigate why, but our hypotheses range from insufficient model capacity to needing better matchmaking for the expanded hero pool to requiring more training time for new heroes to catch up to old heroes. Imagine how hard it is for a human to learn a new hero when everyone else has mastered theirs!

We believe these issues are fundamentally solvable, and solving them could be interesting in its own right. The Finals version plays with 17 heroes—we removed Lich because his abilities were changed significantly in Dota version 7.20.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
If someone is willing to provide the money, or the "compute", it could be feasible, according to OpenAI. It is just not interesting enough for them.
True, I mean in the end is always about throwing computational power (and maybe reworking the matchmaking to utilize more under-used heros).

I wonder if after these online beta they will continue doing something with OpenAI Five in Dota, as the project is basically finished.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Finished
header.jpg

Right now I just hate, really really hate the eating mechanic....

"Hey. You are in Dungeon 4 now. But right now to cook new stuff for the meat you find there, you need a new Kitchen! Good luck if you upgraded something else!"

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Sekiro and wow playing this with a smooth framerate is something to behold.

I'm also playing a bit of Momodora right now. I'm waiting a bit before doing my next big RPG (Trails in the Sky Sc)

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
If someone is willing to spend time, provide money, or "compute", it could be feasible, according to OpenAI.

It is just not interesting enough for them to continue spending time and money to build a pro-level AI for each hero.

Moreover, what if people find exploits during Arena? There would be little interest in training an AI for 100+ heroes if it is currently lacking in some way for 18.
After SETI@home and Folding@home, DOTAI@home

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Right now I just hate, really really hate the eating mechanic....

"Hey. You are in Dungeon 4 now. But right now to cook new stuff for the meat you find there, you need a new Kitchen! Good luck if you upgraded something else!"

You can totally chees that mechanic.

If you are at your base, put the difficulty to easy, leave the menu and all character will have full stamina again, then move the difficulty back to whatever you were playing it.

Free stamina and no penalty.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Dungeon Siege is a 30 hour game? That's not what I thought I was getting myself into LOL. I'm enjoying it well enough 5 hours in although inventory management is becoming a bit of a chore. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to buy the pack mule again soon.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Imagine having two PCs and both simply saying fuck you and stop working in the same day, and then your country postal service is delayed by some reason according to a retailer so a thing that could be delivered next Monday may get in the first Friday of May IF I'm lucky.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, Dungeon Siege is a 30 hour game? That's not what I thought I was getting myself into LOL. I'm enjoying it well enough 5 hours in although inventory management is becoming a bit of a chore. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to buy the pack mule again soon.

I got halfway through DS before realizing i would not be doing anything but moving my little army of ants. DS2 was much better. 3 was...different.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon Siege 3 is more of a story based loot arpg-light but if it has one thing going for it is that the boss battles are really fun.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend "plooter" for "plot looter", but it might get confused with some anime titty bullshit.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Beat Agents of Mayhem. Not a bad time, but i'll be honest. I preferred Crackdown 3.
I think the biggest issue AoM has is that it's rather repetitious throughout its 12-14 hour run (and that's only doing the side missions that unlock more agents). While crackdown only takes about 7 hours and that's with taking over everything the game has to offer (Outside not doing all of the races and such).

Definitely worth checking out on the cheap or in a bundle though. The humor has its moments and it's nice that you aren't forced into a point system of doing random tasks to unlock the next story mission (Biggest gripe about some recent open world games, I couldn't played Homefront 2 because of it).

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Death Mark is on Humble for 20% off. I just finished this game and I don't regret buying it full price personally. Might be my favorite horror title of the year should nothing else come up, it's up there with my top favorites.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I fell off Risen 2 earlier in the year because the magic system was lame so I thought about giving it another shot with swords and guns - but it no longer launches and after following a bunch of different suggestions (it's a common problem) I can't get it to launch. So weird.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so it seems Last Epoch has at least 3 pet classes not just the necromancer...

giphy.gif

I really dont want to spend $35 on this but it seems im gonna have to, it is law.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What is average completion time for supraland? I dont think I would 100% it buy ive enjoyed what i played so far.
I am at 8% completion atm.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite lttp on this, but I'm playing Stein's Gate 0 just now and I can't find an understandable answer to this online; how do you turn off the phone in the branching choice scenes?

If I continue the dialogue I pick it up automatically, and when I click the Amadeus icon all that comes up is the connect call button. So how do I actually turn it off? :-/

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Now this is impressive. Main issue of current AIs is that transferable skills are lacking, if they are able to solve that, it would reduce the cost of training an AI (as it would not start from 0).

Are we going to be in a situation where we would have to ban AI participation outside of special events?
Bots were always a staple in online gaming but they were stupid. Imagine what AI's would do to online gaming if they are getting so good, that they would make the life of normal palyers miserable.
I find the advent of AI gaming fascinating, but there are several issues that would need to be adressed.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to be in a situation where we would have to ban AI participation outside of special events?
Bots were always a staple in online gaming but they were stupid. Imagine what AI's would do to online gaming if they are getting so good, that they would make the life of normal palyers miserable.
I find the advent of AI gaming fascinating, but there are several issues that would need to be adressed.
AI is already banned in events (as they are a competition between humans), it has been the same in chess or other sports.
Funnily enough, the advent of nearly god AI has been a boom in a lot of other mental sports as they are some of the best training partners you could have and have helped develop strategies that havent been though of before (albeit the AIs are normally dumbed down a bit when training with humans).

On the gaming side, AI learning would probably make it easier to have proper different levels of "bots", with different levels of intelligence. You would still have your normal lvl bots, but you would also have proper AI for top challenge.

Now that I think about it, I would be interesting to see how the AI tackles some of the challenges of 4X or GS games, where they might have an overload of data and no clear win condition.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Throw em at CK2 and see what horror emerges.

Rey_Carlos_II.jpg
Somehow still a better king than half our Bourbons.

Edit: Fuck, taking into account our history with kings, I am not sure I want an AI to simulate them. We would get a murderous AI that does not trust anyone and wants to fuck everyone.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Why are you talking as RDR2 is already a thing on PC?
The rumor was about being Epic exclusive for 1 year, so it won't come on PC for another year at least.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Why are you talking as RDR2 is already a thing on PC?
The rumor was about being Epic exclusive for 1 year, so it won't come on PC for another year at least.

The rumour was indefinite exclusivity, which should have raised a red flag to editorship at DSO but didn't because it was theoretically possible insofar that there are no forces at work that would render it impossible (i.e. because -- and let's be honest -- clicks). Fortunately, though, they wisened up when the same user later claimed Nintendo was in the process of porting Mario Odyssey to the PC for release on EGS.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The rumour was indefinite exclusivity, which should have raised a red flag to editorship at DSO but didn't because it was theoretically possible insofar that there are no forces at work that would render it impossible (i.e. because -- and let's be honest -- clicks). Fortunately, though, they wisened up when the same user later claimed Nintendo was in the process of porting Mario Odyssey to the PC for release on EGS.
Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.