• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hey, why doesn't green have a waifu? I've been a very loyal customer.

Are we forgetting what graphics card packaging used to look like?

palit-x700-box.0.jpg

84729921.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place for this so I apologize in advance. I have two monitors and I'm trying to determine which is the best for Destiny 2. My GPU is a GTX 1080.

I primarily used a ViewSonic XG2700-4k 27" Display, IPS Panel, 3840 x 2160 Resolution, 5 ms, 60 hz.
https://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/shop/elite-gaming-monitors/xg2700-4k-2.html

However I recently purchased an Asus ROG Swift PG279Q which is a 165 max hz, 2560 x 1440 resolution, 4 ms, as a secondary monitor.
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

Which of the two should be used as the primary gaming monitor? Also note I play the PS4 Pro as well and would love to know which would be best for that as well. Any info you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place for this so I apologize in advance. I have two monitors and I'm trying to determine which is the best for Destiny 2. My GPU is a GTX 1080.

I primarily used a ViewSonic XG2700-4k 27" Display, IPS Panel, 3840 x 2160 Resolution, 5 ms, 60 hz.
https://www.viewsonic.com/us/monitors/shop/elite-gaming-monitors/xg2700-4k-2.html

However I recently purchased an Asus ROG Swift PG279Q which is a 165 max hz, 2560 x 1440 resolution, 4 ms, as a secondary monitor.

Which of the two should be used as the primary gaming monitor? Also note I play the PS4 Pro as well and would love to know which would be best for that as well. Any info you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

ROG for pc games. Viewsonic for PS4.

Nov 1, 2017
first of all, its a EA game so its Origin.

Second, if youre going by "this game uses UE time to panic" then 90% of the games these days would be EGS exclusive.

Yup, I knew it was EA. Was just thinking how funny it would be if it came out on EGS due to EA making their own store to get rid of Steam so many years ago. Maybe it was only funny to me...

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Clearly Intel need an anime girl as their mascot when they launch their consumer GPUs. No need for specs, Nvidia can't compete.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Octopath Traveler is a strange strange game... I might do a write up on it soon since its coming to PC, maybe help with some folks questions on it. Such a weird game in every sense.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
There was something with Curators I was interested in. It seems like there are a hell of a lot of bot networks inflating follower accounts. Twice in the last couple of weeks I've been inside curators that have 5-8k followers but generate next to no click through traffic per user. One was a joke meme one and the other was a "serious" one. For example the serious one:

Capture.PNG

Way under 1 view influenced view per follower. Now compare to mine and another one from a PCEra user, they are generating around 39 and 140 views influenced per user!

Capture.PNG

unknown.png

I wonder what Steam Devs see when they look for curators to offer games to, is it just the follower count? As there seems to be a hell of a lot of curators out there gaming the system for free games. The one from the first picture had been offered 100s of games, I've been offered 9.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
There was something with Curators I was interested in. It seems like there are a hell of a lot of bot networks inflating follower accounts. Twice in the last couple of weeks I've been inside curators that have 5-8k followers but generate next to no click through traffic per user. One was a joke meme one and the other was a "serious" one. For example the serious one:

I wonder what Steam Devs see when they look for curators to offer games to, is it just the follower count? As there seems to be a hell of a lot of curators out there gaming the system for free games. The one from the first picture had been offered 100s of games, I've been offered 9.

Might be worth throwing an email to Gabe and tweeting a few people - Valve peeps, random devs - to raise some awareness of it?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I was too late, but:

Wait, what? When did that happen? I stopped using it with start of last year, but it was nice to just put in the code and get the game.

But yeah, it's more of an universal equivalent of Steam gift cards, rather that credit card replacement.
That was how it used to be for me as well, I could anonymously buy credit from a kiosk, input the 16 digit code, complete transaction. From one point on I couldn't pay without using a paysafecard account, which account by the way I had to verify with personal information before it was usable for transactions. Mind you I don't know if those changes affected all the markets paysafe operates on, maybe it's a domestic legislation thing. The one undisputed point though is that is not a universally accepted method for online stores, so might as well setup a cc for e-shopping

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There was something with Curators I was interested in.

It must be bugged. There is no way I get 8k views from 35 subscribers. Or I have the most hardcore followers on Steam. Maybe.

Edit: Actually, it is the total number of views since the creation of the Curator page. The weekly number (~30 to ~150) views look reasonable.

p9J3Wrv.png

These are the stats for my two Curator pages:

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
RrRpiaw.png

ok finally decided to finish sekiro

final boss fight wasn't my favorite, but it was fun. it was so weird seeing a normal, non ultra obtuse ending, but that's been the weird trip this game has taken us on

sekiro is definitely one of my favorite from games, it finally took a departure from the formula big enough that it made me excited again. it wasn't only wildly different in gameplay but it told its story in a new way and had an again unique yet familiar tone that was for once not completely hopeless. the combat system does lose a bit of its luster by the midgame, with a lot of fights starting to look the same and not just for the literal repeat bosses. i felt like phrostetics were kind of a missed opportunity too, they sound cool in theory but using them is too situational and it generally feels safer and more effective to just swing your sword instead, even in the cases you would optimally use them

to me that didn't matter tho, the boss fights still left me shaking at the end and the process of reattuning my brain to forget all these years of rolling to the side felt really rewarding, and the story is probably my favorite out of them all. having recurring characters with real conversations that are more than one note rambling into madness feels so fucking refreshing you wouldn't believe

i did the savescum trick to see all the endings and ended up going for the
sacrifice yourself
ending. the payoff for that one is so damn great, and the other endings just didn't feel as fitting to me

i played a little bit of ng+ and well, idk how much longer i'll continue. i like the idea of having some new bosses but there's little incentive to replay the whole game if you can't really switch playstyles. the lack of rpg elements does make replaying it a lot less interesting, tho i'll consider fooling my brain into caring about the last few remaining achievements as an excuse to play more of it

idk!

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah curators system is totally broken for devs from what I have read.

On otherhand, I heard it's very useful if you can boost (or pay for boost, eg. on one of steam key giveaways) to farm free games and posting generic reviews so you don't have to spend time on those so you look "active".

I'm nearly done with 7th guest, man what a tideous game. Nearly no fun at all.
Better of with a Prof Layton game, if you feel the itch for some puzzle stuff. :/

Buuut - I installed Ori yesterday and had a quick look if it runs fine. Once more I needed xinputemu for my Logitec gamepad to work properly, good thing I have that always in reach. And no remapping of the controls either, though I should be fine with default. Controls itself feel good, and Ori is animated so adorable!
And holy shit at the music, it is amazing! You get goosebumps just from the logos showing up!
Can't wait to really dive into it next weekend.
giphy.gif

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
With a mere 22 followers, I've gotten a little over 4,000 "views influenced"
That's with 251 reviews though, which is kinda absurd. I really feel like I should be doing better.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm nearly done with 7th guest, man what a tideous game. Nearly no fun at all.
Better of with a Prof Layton game, if you feel the itch for some puzzle stuff. :/

Buuut - I installed Ori yesterday and had a quick look if it runs fine. Once more I needed xinputemu for my Logitec gamepad to work properly, good thing I have that always in reach. And no remapping of the controls either, though I should be fine with default. Controls itself feel good, and Ori is animated so adorable!
And holy shit at the music, it is amazing! You get goosebumps just from the logos showing up!
Can't wait to really dive into it next weekend.
giphy.gif

Ori is a treat. Incredibly fun. The "escape" sections are somewhat divisive, but I enjoyed them immensely.

I almost bought the 7th Guest remake because of a coupon I got (presumably for owning the original version). Read some other mixed reviews/impressions when it came out. Sounds like it was the right choice to hold off.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
I feel that I'm playing Sekiro wrong. Had to backtrack quite a bit yesterday because I didn't know that there was a boss battle above the dojo thing, and just now I noticed that I should've fought Lady Butterfly but I wouldn't even know if not by achievements.

Ori is a treat. Incredibly fun. The "escape" sections are somewhat divisive, but I enjoyed them immensely.

I almost bought the 7th Guest remake because of a coupon I got (presumably for owning the original version). Read some other mixed reviews/impressions when it came out. Sounds like it was the right choice to hold off.
I didn't look to much into it back in the day, but that's always mentioned as the hardest part, where some even quit. I hope, I'll be doing fine. ^^ I think they even said already, that there won't be any in the sequel, because of that..?

I was a bit bummed when they only offered discounts instead of a free upgrade; seemed still a bit pricy to me. They implemented some nice things - I would love to have subtitels and fast travel through the map. But it's def not worth the price.
The puzzles aren't something special and the pacing is my biggest issue, cause everything is so slow. Walking around the house is slow (and you have to do it a lot, and constantly revisit places) and every puzzle is also animated in a way, what makes it very slow. On top during your actions is always some dialogue you can't skip, and the game pauses for it. So, you try around at a puzzle. 2 clicks - pause. 2 more clicks - pause. And so on. Oh, you reached a dead end and the puzzle restarts. And with it the dialogue. Hurray!
That makes every puzzle a pain in the ass, even if you would enjoy trying it out. I was quickly using a walkthrough, just because of that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
getting banned on the eve of Wrestlemania, what are you doing Lashley >_>

Nothing. Which is apparently all that's needed on this site unless you're a troll in PC threads.

I realized something during my ban, I don't even enjoy coming on here anymore. It's constant arguments and trolling and bad moderation, day in, day out. I'm done. I'll be around in the discord, but I need to take a bit of a break from here.

And no, questionnaires on Discord will not magically make me believe you're going to improve your moderating. We've heard this shit before - Actions speak louder than words.

200.gif

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

One thing to keep in mind about destiny 2 is that the aa solution, on pc, doesnt seem that great. It really benefits from resolution scaling or high resolution. I couldnt force aa through nvidia control. It just doesnt seem to work.

Maybe 1440p is enough though. If not downscale from in game menu.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Got Battlefront 2. Was getting that Star Wars itch and I think I could enjoy the campaign at the very least.

And no, questionnaires on Discord will not magically make me believe you're going to improve (...)

So many questions... There's a Discord? There are questionnaires? How do you join? I thought the Discord was closed some time after the site was set up.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
But China is not important at all!

I can't fathom how pubs/devs could look at those percentages and say "yeah, we don't need that audience"
Even if Epic paid you, you probably want to sell your next game. And we already know how vicious and patriotic the Chinese are (in regards to perceived insults or overlooking their importance).

Hydef Hyrule

Mar 11, 2019
Bought an TCL R617 55" to replace my 10 year old 1080p Emerson 40" that I use for my gaming setup. I'm excited but also kinda nervous to see how my R9 390 will handle it. I fortunately learned within minutes of the Amazon purchase that I need to use the Displayport with an HDMi adapter. It would have been a bummer for it to get here and not be able to use 4k.

I'm used to still being able to max out stuff for the most part with the 390. I know that won't be the case with 4k gaming, but I'm hoping it will still be a big enough improvement that even if I end up running things at 1400 or even 1080 for the really demanding games to keep a nice FPS it will still be worth it. And Ill have a TV capable of going full 4k60fps when that becomes viable for cards in the next couple of years.... Right?

Fanta

May 27, 2018
But China is not important at all!

I feel like there's a big gap in people knowing how big Steam actually is outside the Western world.
Countries known wholesale for piracy turned into paying customers cause they were given an easier/cheaper option.

Sony learned this early on also by making huge strides outside the Western market with the PlayStation.

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing through Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash. I knew this was going to be a more wacky game, but I've still been surprised at just how funny it is, while still mixing in some traditional Corpse Party horror/tragedy at the appropriate parts. Definitely an odd ball game, but I'm enjoying throwing myself back into this world again and seeing all of the characters in a different environment.

Case 2 in the second Ace Attorney game is some MGS shit lol

You haven't seen anything yet.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's a big gap in people knowing how big Steam actually is outside the Western world.
Countries known wholesale for piracy turned into paying customers cause they were given an easier/cheaper option.

Sony learned this early on also by making huge strides outside the Western market with the PlayStation.
When I was deciding on my current PC and getting a PS3/4, I found Steam did not separate regions up into pieces and then serve them with different standards. It was what ultimately led me to get into PC gaming in the first place. This was way back when though so things were different then but the fact that Valve did not separate the store out and you could take part is sales was a plus for me into getting full into PC gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.