• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017

Some good info (even if a few are rather obvious) there.
This is straight from Valve, confirmed twice. User review % has no effect on when or where the Steam store promotes your game, unless it's 'mostly negative' or worse.

Interesting that review scores don't affect the algorithm unless it goes that low. That probably doesn't help indie developers with small but very well reviewed games.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I just finished a campaign of the excellent Arkham Horror Card Game. I played as Jenny Barnes, a wealthy heiress who was shocked out of her privileged life after a call to adventure from a family member. We ended up searching through ancient ruins in Mesoamerica, securing relics, shooting people and snakes with a bow and.. uh, two guns.

In unrelated news I've solved my desire to play Tomb Raider again. (For now)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
CrI7dw3UsAATLFL.jpg
Cats are cheeseburgers fans. Everyone in the internet knows that.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I finished Sekiro as well.
Kind of didn't enjoy the last boss that much.

Rolled over to NG+, and played through to the first bonfire. Going to clean it up at some point but now I'm going back to other games.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Assassins Creed Origins from the humble monthly. When I add it as a non steam game it crashes on boot. I tried disabling the uplay overlay but it still crashes. Works fine when I don't try to boot it via Steam. Anyone know a fix?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, the games brilliance lies in its combat system - if that does nothing for you, i'd stop there.

Well then, shit.

You need to give it time. Once you get more skills and get a better hang of the combat you'll see the options open up. The inter play between skills and environment makes this game stand out among all other SRPGs. And imo, the quest system was better in this one than the sequel.
It was more so mechanics and speed than not having any sort of skills. It was more the feel of the combat versus the combat itself. Positioning and all that I'm generally fine with having to manage in games. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
So I was kinda interested in Zanki Zero but the latest gameplay video they released kinda made me reconsider my choice of purchasing the game day one, so I think i'll be binge playing (or actually replaying) AA trilogy. Also kinda excited for Kiwami 2 considering I prevciously played 0 and kiwami on ps4 and while revisiting those games was nice they weren't really a new experience.

In other news I am getting together the parts for my new PC after my old one died, going for a 2080ti, an Asus ROG STRIX z390-F as mobo with i9-9900k.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
They need to fix the wishlist thing for sure.

one of the reasons my wishlist is a mess (as in, its always hovering around 1k no matter how many games I get) is because I found out how important wishlisting actually is so I dont bother trimming it anymore, anything that looks remotely interesting goes in there

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Supraland. Not gonna 100% it because some of the secrets are really esoteric, but I got something like 3/4s of the chests and 85% of the coins, and 10/12 hidden bodies. I just wonder about that last moon piece, I have no idea what happens when you fill that in, but I did read that there's a bug where if you click on that moonstone twice with two moons in your inventory sometimes it puts two in the same slot and wrecks it :\

I mean, the only way to see, would be to 100% the rest of the chests to make sure none of them have the moon, buuuuuut... Anyhow, happy with my playthrough. About 20 hours over... only 4 days. Yeah, I kinda marathoned it. Looking forward to not playing it, lol.

Very good, would recommend!

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

Is this game any good? I've seen it recommended often during Steam sales and it has a very low price at the moment, thinking about getting it.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
wow the affiliation that pushback against Epic is GamerGate 2.0 is incredibly fucking stupid.

Is this game any good? I've seen it recommended often during Steam sales and it has a very low price at the moment, thinking about getting it.

Good story (video games seriously lack creative and good science fiction stories that aren't filled with tropes/clichés), the gameplay is really unique and tied to the story but the gameplay does get a bit repetitive... but the game isn't too long, like 7-9 hours, which I found was perfect. To me this game is like Ex Machina film, nowhere related in story like the film, but a small budget with a great science fiction story...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, the concept of the Ur-Dragon is really cool and crazy but...I ain't got time for that. I noped right out of there.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Good story (video games seriously lack good science fiction stories), the gameplay is really unique and tied to the story but does get a bit repetitive... but the game isn't too long, like 7-9 hours, which I found was perfect. To me this game is like Ex Machina, nowhere related in story or anything, but a small budget with a great science fiction story...
7~ hours sounds perfect for a game such as this. Gonna get it, thanks

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
wow the affiliation that pushback against Epic is GamerGate 2.0 is incredibly fucking stupid.

Good story (video games seriously lack creative and good science fiction stories that aren't filled with tropes/clichés), the gameplay is really unique and tied to the story but the gameplay does get a bit repetitive... but the game isn't too long, like 7-9 hours, which I found was perfect. To me this game is like Ex Machina film, nowhere related in story or anything, but a small budget with a great science fiction story...
Nice, I am a sucker for good sci fi, especially as you said something seriously lacking in video games, Bought it based just your post

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
7~ hours sounds perfect for a game such as this. Gonna get it, thanks

Nice, I am a sucker for good sci fi, especially as you said something seriously lacking in video games, Bought it based just your post

It's really one of my favourite science fiction stories in general, and the game has fantastic voice acting to top it off. If you want a science fiction story you have not read, watched, or played before, you'll be interested in the game.

They are even making a movie based on the story. https://deadline.com/2019/01/echo-v...ay-john-wick-writer-derek-kolstad-1202540672/

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

tl;dr: To be favored by THE algorithm, be:
  • popular: get people to wishlist your game,
  • connected: get people to tag your game,
  • trending: aim for a large spike of external traffic to the store page on release day.
People who've wishlisted your game get an e-mail from Steam when it's released, and each time it goes on sale, until they buy it or take it off.
What tags people add to your game affect when it shows up in various places, most notably on other games' pages, in the 'more like this' box.
if the Steam store notices a lot of traffic coming in to a game's store page, it will start to feature that game more prominently.

It makes sense that the last bullet-point would get your game in the "New and Trending" tab.

YBz8xBZ.png

I was wondering what the difference was between "popular" and "trending", and this clears it up:
  • "new and trending": recent release which gets a large spike of external traffic,
  • "popular upcoming": upcoming release which gathered a lot of wishlists.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about buying Dirt Rally 2.0 and Ace Combat 7, but by the time VR support/mode/missions are added to them (Dirt is getting Oculus support in the summer and AC7 has 1 year PSVR exclusivity), they are most likely gonna be 50%+ on sale, so Im gonna wait.

Kinda hard to play racing games that supports VR in non-VR, like Dirt Rally and Project Cars after playing them in VR.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Thought about buying Dirt Rally 2.0 and Ace Combat 7, but by the time VR support/mode/missions are added to them (Dirt is getting Oculus support in the summer and AC7 has 1 year PSVR exclusivity), they are most likely gonna be 50%+ on sale, so Im gonna wait.

Kinda hard to play racing games that supports VR in non-VR, like Dirt Rally and Project Cars after playing them in VR.

Imagine having a nice steering wheel and a non-oculus headset. Codemasters is so worthless to me now.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
sekiro kind of makes me want to play bloodborne again

like it's great, but also not having different weapons sort of makes ng+ a bit unappealing since i would always just try something new or start over with a different build

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I can't go back to Bloodborne after playing all the others, Demons aside, at 60 fps. The framepacing is so bad and the load times endless. Tho patched since launch where you had to wait nearly a minute after any death

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
Bloodborne never having a chance to get a PC release is a damn tragedy. Sub-30fps is such a disservice to such a great game.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Bloodborne didn't even have tips during the loading screens at launch, you just had to stare at the BLOODBORNE logo for upwards of a minute at a time.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Bloodborne will get on the PC - via emulator - it'll just take awhile. Shouldn't take as long as the PS3 emulator, since PS4 is more standard hardware, but I still wouldn't expect it within 5 years.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
What's the deal with Ubisoft anyway? Are they 100% done with steam or did Epic just pay for them to not bother for awhile longer.
They will eventually comeback once they realize the gap sales from the whole Asia region, unless they give them a proper regional price. People are becoming indifferent to their laucnher and already buy their games there but it really is only happened with USA and Western Europe customer.
Sadly a lot of pubs try to circumvent it...

Look at Blizzard. They dont have to do it anymore, because they are now selling "250 Overrwatch coins with 50 free lootboxes"....
It's ironic that Chinese made mobage I played show its draw chance without any qualm whatsoever (and they did this in a region that lack such regulation) whilst Blizzard, an American company, keep trying to dance around it.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Anno 1800 open beta being on EGS is little weird. Ubi always runs their betas on uplay only even when they also release on Steam, so did the Epic money bag include access to betas?

Unprecedented partnership.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Anno 1800 open beta being on EGS is little weird. Ubi always runs their betas on uplay only even when they also release on Steam, so did the Epic money bag include access to betas?

Unprecedented partnership.

It depends on the type of beta. Closed betas are -- well, were up until The Division 2, anyway -- Uplay-exclusive; open betas are available on all plaforms that carry the game.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The Steam client beta has been updated with the following changes:

General
  • Fixed the Steam updater window intermittently displaying as a small transparent rectangle if it is shown when the main Steam window is closed.
  • Added throttling of game downloads during Steam Cloud sync
Big Picture Mode
  • Added a Big Picture Mode library filter for local multiplayer games
Woo.

It depends on the type of beta. Closed betas are -- well, were up until The Division 2, anyway -- Uplay-exclusive; open betas are available on all plaforms that carry the game.
Has that always been the case? I don't really remember any open betas on Steam, but I suppose my memory might have holes in it.

But then again, Steam still carries the game, for a few more days anyway. So I find it strange in either case.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Has that always been the case? I don't really remember any open betas on Steam, but I suppose my memory might have holes in it.

But then again, Steam still carries the game, for a few more days anyway. So I find it strange in either case.

Yeah, it's safe to say the open beta not being on Steam and the closed beta for TD2 being on EGS are the result of a little clause in Epic's deal with Ubi.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i didn't mind the performance on bloodborne. even tho it'd definitely benefit from a higher framerate i could enjoy demons, dks1 and bloodborne just fine at 30. long load times do suck but it wasn't a big deal when i played it, tho i hear it was much worse on launch

i'm also a bit in the camp that finds 30 fps to be a 'different' look, rather than just a worse one, tho this is very connected with the kind of game it is. for something like bloodborne i kind of like the smudgier, less fluid look, idk

it's a hard thing to put into words but i kind of like it in some games

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Ace Attorney seems like the good kind of animu bullshit, and these face reactions/animations in the court scenes are killing me

It is, I love how insane things can get and then also when the serious moments like the DL-6 Incident kick in. And Japanifornia was a great localization decision in my opinion because not all of the characters look Japanese (although some do and there is obviously tons of cultural stuff like the Steel Samurai/spirit mediums). Wait until you get to the 2000's era memes the Capcom USA team threw in.

This is SPARDA.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bloodborne never getting a PC release beyond PS Now really is fucking tragic to me but that's mostly because I adore the damn game.

But hell, maybe we'll get a complete 1080p 60fps Bloodborne remaster in a generation or two

Status
Not open for further replies.