• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Should i be worried now that i am on Tim Sweeney radar? XD

nF4SYQs.png

73U7xef.png

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Speaking of Ace Attorney, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I did a simple NES chiptune version of the Cornered theme. Man that must have been over 10 years ago I think.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
is that bugged or whats going on?
Nah just that the filtering leaves much to be desired. If you look at Winston on the left it looks like he is missing an arm, but really he has his arm on his back.
One thing I'd really like to see be done is a fanmod to replace the music with more instrumental ones.

Speaking of Ace Attorney, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I did a simple NES chiptune version of the Cornered theme. Man that must have been over 10 years ago I think.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
On the more serious note Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is 10 euros for previous owners.

For me personally is not worth it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
On the more serious note Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is 10 euros for previous owners.

For me personally is not worth it.

35€ for a Remastered and a 10€ purchase option if you own the original...also I need to understand if they are only offering a visual overhaul or there are new gameplay mechanics/additions. I know the Remastered includes the Hitler dlc at least.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Schrödingers Economy 101:

"The developers need EGS money to survive"
"The developers are so business savvy that a switch to EGS is the only logical decision."

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Schrödingers Economy 101:

"The developers need EGS money to survive"
"The developers are so business savvy that a switch to EGS is the only logical decision."

The problem with the "the customer is the developer" is that they forget about the end-customer, the guys that will be using the program (and heck, in this case PUTTING ALL THE MONEY INTO THE SYSTEM).

As someone who works in a field that is B2B, I can tell you that paying attention to how the end-customer uses the product and making them happy is really important. In this case, they focused so much in making a product that targets their customer (the devs) by making it cheaper that they forgot about the end-customer (us). This leads to a subpar experience from the customer that damages any value your brand has on them and decreases the chances of them using your product again.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I love how console fans here on Era are all about "developers", but then:

"No physical edition? No buy!"
"Wow! Just a downloadcode in that box? Fuck them!"

I would argue the same people who want to have a physical edition, where the cut is even more than 30%, for their collection are talking about how "bad Steam is with their 30%".

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I love how console fans here on Era are all about "developers", but then:

"No physical edition? No buy!"
"Wow! Just a downloadcode in that box? Fuck them!"

I would argue the same people who want to have a physical edition, where the cut is even more than 30%, for their collection are talking about how "bad Steam is with their 30%".

The same forum that parrots, "but companies already make too much money, they don't need to sell DLC/mtx" but on the same turn shouts "poor Epic they can't possibly afford to subsidise the tiny fraction of non-traditional payment methods"

>_>

Fanta

May 27, 2018
The whole "developers need more money" falls apart for me when you just have to look at the last year to see what happens to that money.

Companies making record profits but higher ups pocket it while still dropping employees like hot coal.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I don't want to wish evil on no one, especially since I mostly play indie games, but if in a few years some indie devs find themselves in a "epic money over, no one bought our game, since our last game was a failure no one is financing our next game" kind of situation, I won't be surprised.

This is for indie games. For AAA nothing will change but that's pretty obvious.

Oct 27, 2017
The whole "developers need more money" falls apart for me when you just have to look at the last year to see what happens to that money.

Companies making record profits but higher ups pocket it while still dropping employees like hot coal.
And when the argument goes to the 'but the devs living on ramen and are three payments behind their mortgage' way, they conveniently ignore that Epic isnt paying those devs lol

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Man, what a turn around. Now Paradox is partly owned by Tencent and they are making bangers like VtM:Bloodlines 2. All (partly) thanks to CK2 and a little mod about ASoIaF.
And to being great with interacting with their customers.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017

For me it falls apart when a tiny group of Indie devs who are already very successful (in part thanks to Steam in the first place) turn into these Epic advocates and accept these (I am sure) generous exclusivity offers. But most Indies will never get past Epic's curation in the first place... it is like back in the dark ages when everyone wanted to get on Steam and when you were in it was "fuck everyone else".

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

Man, what a turn around. Now Paradox is partly owned by Tencent and they are making bangers like VtM:Bloodlines 2. All (partly) thanks to CK2 and a little mod about ASoIaF.
And to being great with interacting with their customers.

Surely you meant, all thanks to Victoria 2?

And sometimes, we have to club them over the head if they are doing something stupid ;>

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

PC version of Zanki Zero got a 7 hour delay for some reason, confirmed by Chunsoft twitter it's coming later today.

(insert EGS joke here)

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the first time somebody mentioned this but I just got an E-Mail from Steam informing me that Anno 1800 is going not going to be sold on Steam after April 16th.

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, Sekiro was released today. How is it? ;) It appeared in the new releases section.
Steam, release date: 9. April, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.