• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch any gaming youtubers and I'm better for it.
We're talking about streamers I take it? Like they play, we watch sort of deal? If yes, I am of the same mindset as you Parsnip. Saying that while seeing Hans Gruber is ... disconcerting.

If you mean anything at all gaming related, then I part ways with you. I like a good DFR deep dive or an obscure FPS from GGGManLives now and then

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Never heard of it.
We're talking about streamers I take it? Like they play, we watch sort of deal? If yes, I am of the same mindset as you Parsnip. Saying that while seeing Hans Gruber is ... disconcerting.

If you mean anything at all gaming related, then I part ways with you. I like a good DFR deep dive or an obscure FPS from GGGManLives now and then
Only gaming related channel that isn't just a developer/publisher I'm subbed to are Digital Foundry and noclip, and it feels great.
If there are one-off videos from other channels that I might find interesting, they usually come to my attention through other means, this thread or twitter or something.

Though I do watch a bunch of GB content, I don't consider them youtubers/influencers, because of their veterancy in the field.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Posting NSFW Image
ok officially my birthday now so i'll take advantage of this moment to wish everybody else i forgot about a happy birthday

💖

Mod Edit: Removed NSFW Image

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
ok officially my birthday now so i'll take advantage of this moment to wish everybody else i forgot about a happy birthday

💖
Happy Birthday!

No one here knows/remembers mine (April 1st) so I'll forgive you, too.

I got way fewer automatic forum emails about birthday this year too, that effort to go through and prune my internet presence a bit really actually worked.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

💖

Happy birthday Zyklon

1PNB7EK.png

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

💖

Happy birthday. I'm equal parts repulsed and intrigued

Never heard of it.

Only gaming related channel that isn't just a developer/publisher I'm subbed to are Digital Foundry and noclip, and it feels great.
If there are one-off videos from other channels that I might find interesting, they usually come to my attention through other means, this thread or twitter or something.

Though I do watch a bunch of GB content, I don't consider them youtubers/influencers, because of their veterancy in the field.
Fair point. LGR is retro game reviews and content - DOS era games and such

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Ace Attorney in 2 days, and I still need to preorder lol. I can't wait to see all of the screenshots of Phoenix interrogating the parrot and Godot throwing coffee at his head.

💖

Ah, Kill La Kill...

Happy birthday you crazy League of Legends person.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've stopped watching YouTube the past couple years. The whole point of transitioning from tv to yt was that it had a chance of being better. Now it's just as bad or worse. At least it freed more time for other things.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree that Youtube is necessarily worse than TV. A lot of educational channels I watch simply wouldn't exist in traditional formats.

The problem is that moderation is awful, the youtube algorithm tends to promote right wing lunatics, and the community is trash,

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
zkylon hope all your dreams and wishes come true buddy, wish you the best.

I don't agree that Youtube is necessarily worse than TV. A lot of educational channels I watch simply wouldn't exist in traditional formats.

The problem is that moderation is awful, the youtube algorithm tends to promote right wing lunatics, and the community is trash,
Yup yup. That's the issue.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Bought CoD Advanced Warfare, Shelter and Die Young + Titans: Dawn of Tribes. Now wondering if I should spend my remaining wallet to get Islanders or something else.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Did anyone see this game?

Some chinese-japanese collab visual novel. Art looks great, but apparently no english localization. On VNDB it shows english, on Steam it doesnt. Seems to be an intercultural story between China and Japan from 1988-1989.

Oct 25, 2017
I have played through Doom (2016) two times already when it came out but I just restarted it again with my new G-Sync monitor and I still cannot believe how good this game is.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
That Sekiro (optional?) boss that's kind of towards to end of the game seems fun.

I mean the Demon of Hatred. I only tried him once though so maybe he's not that bad. It's just that as soon as I see 3 deathblow pips I get anxious.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while; how've you all been?
I got addicted to various rhythm games over the past few months, so I haven't been keeping up with other PC games as much. I still need to do the rest of LiS season 1, and I'm keeping tabs on Dangerous Driving to see how it is.
That being said, no one noticed that two more Touhou games launched on Steam last week? Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom in particular has a respawning mechanic similar to I Wanna Be The Guy, except Touhou.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while; how've you all been?
I got addicted to various rhythm games over the past few months, so I haven't been keeping up with other PC games as much. I still need to do the rest of LiS season 1, and I'm keeping tabs on Dangerous Driving to see how it is.
That being said, no one noticed that two more Touhou games launched on Steam last week? Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom in particular has a respawning mechanic similar to I Wanna Be The Guy, except Touhou.

Oh man wtf I didn't think they'd go back to add the older games I gotta get both later

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
That Sekiro (optional?) boss that's kind of towards to end of the game seems fun.

I mean the Demon of Hatred. I only tried him once though so maybe he's not that bad. It's just that as soon as I see 3 deathblow pips I get anxious.

Demon of Hatred is harder than the final boss, IMO. His third phase almost made me break my controller...
I beat him after 20 tries, more or less.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Pathway drops in a few days and I'm startin' to get hyped.

Those production values.

Oh yeah this game. This has a really fantastic art style. Bit worried about the fact you can only have 4 characters at once though. Seems like it might be too limiting. I like my big groups of units fighting against other big groups.

thanks for the heads up though.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

He's great. I had a lot of fun with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.