• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to agree with that new tweet. But I don't mind review bombing so much anymore since it's become pretty clear that the other channels people use to complain about these policies are just ignored or straight up lied to about.

Don't really agree with this. The parties involved in this latest skirmish are very active on social media (either twitter or reddit) and are clearly hearing and responding (even if poorly). I don't buy at all this narrative that it's the only way to communicate. There's a million of them and they are all nightmare trashfires that are clearly reaching eyes and ears.

I'd say the noise on reddit probably does more than review bombs anyway. r/bestof had an anti EGS thing a few days ago and that gets seen by pretty much every user on the site.

Oct 25, 2017
What about husbando culture?
D3ZysDxU4AAb-GJ.jpg
I know everybody loves this anime so I'm probably about to be murdered but those are the ugliest anime faces I have ever seen

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The fact review bombing annoys so many people means I am a fan of it.

'User reviews don't matter but they do matter enough that Valve needs to put a stop to it.'

'Also please communicate to us in fashion that we can outright ignore' is all I get from these developers and publishers.

This after spending all this time and money building and pretending to have a closer connection to their audience compared to other industries.

Now they want to put the genie back into the bottle and remove/ignore all forms of communication platforms as possible.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really agree with this. The parties involved in this latest skirmish are very active on social media (either twitter or reddit) and are clearly hearing and responding (even if poorly). I don't buy at all this narrative that it's the only way to communicate. There's a million of them and they are all nightmare trashfires that are clearly reaching eyes and ears.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. It's not that I condone it. I just understand it, based on feeling frustrated and lied to.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Epic seems to be more serving the developer first, that isn't lost on players. I have never seen the argument that exclusives are pro-consumer - probably for good reason."

Well I have. Over and over. By developers taking bags of money and plenty of users in this forum alike.

Edit: good thread tho.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Genichiro down. It is really funny how most bosses in Sekiro feel easy after you beat them XD

Oct 27, 2017

"Epic seems to be more serving the developer first, that isn't lost on players. I have never seen the argument that exclusives are pro-consumer - probably for good reason."

Well I have. Over and over. By developers taking bags of money and plenty of users in this forum alike.

I used to think exclusives were a good thing until a friend explaimed to me how dumb and unfair to the consumers they are. And he was right.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone recommend me a good headset (or headphones and mic combo)
I used the G35 for over a decade (or rather 3 sets, because it broke at the moving parts section on the around-ear thingie (don't know how it is called in English))

Apart from that, they were great and had a good price with 80€ but they don't make them anymore :/ The G430 I had bought is shit material-wise and sound-wise. The "successor" cost nearly double with 150€

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
I thought PC gaming was in gaming forum instead of gaming hangouts but that's what it's showing in profile - >post areas

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I used to agree with that new tweet. But I don't mind review bombing so much anymore since it's become pretty clear that the other channels people use to complain about these policies are just ignored or straight up lied to about.

Probably the most frustrating thing about this. Like yelling into the void, or dealing with Microsoft's customer service :P

And as sad as that sounds, it's a lot better than the responses we've gotten since this whole fiasco started. Most of the time you're derided on and treated like an idiot, or worse, gaslit into thinking you're acting like a GAMERZ RISE UP troll.

I've seen this happen on twitter so many times, even when people voice their complaints in perfectly reasonable fashion. I've said this before, but the amount of disdain developers and "journalists" have for their audiences is really disturbing.

I don't like review bombing either, and I wish there were proper channels where customers and developers can have a frank discussion about these deals (and any other snafu that might happen in the future). Unfortunately, as more time passes, the more I realize it's not what developers or publishers want. We can't even rely on the media to properly cover this, and they're the ones who should have our backs :/

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Microsoft finally decided to grace me with 1809 update, some 6 months later lol.

Should I disable game mode/game bar right off the bat? :x

Oct 27, 2017
I used the G35 for over a decade (or rather 3 sets, because it broke at the moving parts section on the around-ear thingie (don't know how it is called in English))

Apart from that, they were great and had a good price with 80€ but they don't make them anymore :/ The G430 I had bought is shit material-wise and sound-wise. The "successor" cost nearly double with 150€
I have a G533 and I like it a lot, the only thing about it is that it doesnt have a 3.5mm jack

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

I'd recommend anything from Sennheiser, especially the HD 599 headphones. I would definitely go for a set of headphones and a separate mic, I've never had a good experience with an all in one headset.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought PC gaming was in gaming forum instead of gaming hangouts but that's what it's showing in profile - >post areas
Don't we start in Gaming and then a few days into the month get moved over to Hangouts?

I've had good experience with my HyperX Cloud's for nearly a decade now and I've heard the Cloud line has only gotten better (I<II<Alpha >Revolver)
I've heard Cloud Flight is pretty good if you want cordless - not Sennheiser level, but good for a gaming headset

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
You know what Steam should add?
Native Cheat Engine support, similar to how Steam Workshop works. Make it easier for people to just cheat in games (exclusively for SP games).

Lets call it Steam Cheat or Steam Code (in memoruy of the Konami Code).

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I still dont get why journalists are calling consumers who are vary of Tencent and the 40% share of them in Epic racist?

Like Tencent is having WeChat, Weibo, Tencent Video, Tencent Music, QQ etc. and we know for a fact that they are relaying information in those to the chinese government for those products. There is enough evidence for that (QQ too), Weibo too. Tencent is part of the companies that helped develop the citizen score.

I am not quite sure why people think it is xenophobic that there MIGHT be a relation between it (even if it doesnt exist in the end).

Besides that. Epic is actively blocking chinese IPs to access the store. Not because the chinese government told them or the american did. They choose to do so.

Oct 27, 2017
I still dont get why journalists are calling consumers who are vary of Tencent and the 40% share of them in Epic racist?

Like Tencent is having WeChat, Weibo, Tencent Video, Tencent Music, QQ etc. and we know for a fact that they are relaying information in those to the chinese government for those products. There is enough evidence for that (QQ too), Weibo too. Tencent is part of the companies that helped develop the citizen score.

I am not quite sure why people think it is xenophobic that there MIGHT be a relation between it (even if it doesnt exist in the end).

Besides that. Epic is actively blocking chinese IPs to access the store. Not because the chinese government told them or the american did. They choose to do so.
Low hanging fruit argument. Better to asume everyone's a bigot than do actual journalism.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

It is racist because Tencent has shown itself not to actively monitor what its investments do and ask for data. It might be wary in the beginning before that fact is known, but once you know that, there should be no fear (unless there is proof that Epic sends information to them).

Case in point, I have no issue giving info to Discord or Paradox (who are partly owned by Tencent) but would not want to give any information directly to Tencent.

I still think that the media focusing on that point when there is a real fear of Epic having dirty hands with cybersecurity (as they themselves admited in part), is pretty bad. Yes, part of the fear that made the search might have been based in xenophobia, but the thing they found is still problematic.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
My quest to buy every single VN that I'm interested in as it goes on sale continues!
uKcuOox.png

as well as the one where I ignore every EGS thread on sight

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
You know what Steam should add?
Native Cheat Engine support, similar to how Steam Workshop works. Make it easier for people to just cheat in games (exclusively for SP games).

Lets call it Steam Cheat or Steam Code (in memoruy of the Konami Code).

They could make it something like Animus Contro Panel that uplay overlay has for Assassin's Creed Origins.

servlet.ImageServer

Oct 27, 2017
It is racist because Tencent has shown itself not to actively monitor what its investments do and ask for data. It might be wary in the beginning before that fact is known, but once you know that, there should be no fear (unless there is proof that Epic sends information to them).

Case in point, I have no issue giving info to Discord or Paradox (who are partly owned by Tencent) but would not want to give any information directly to Tencent.

I still think that the media focusing on that point when there is a real fear of Epic having dirty hands with cybersecurity (as they themselves admited in part), is pretty bad. Yes, part of the fear that made the search might have been based in xenophobia, but the thing they found is still problematic.
But we can see what they're doing on their own homebase.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just discovered I put 10+ deaths wrong in Obra Dinn cause I misunderstood what some of the enemy types were... Thanks BlueOdin and TranceReduction for your help.

They could make it something like Animus Contro Panel that uplay overlay has for Assassin's Creed Origins.

servlet.ImageServer
Now we are going places, as the idea generator I take 99% of the earnings and 100% of the glory while you design it, are we OK?

But we can see what they're doing on their own homebase.
Still they do not affect the companies they have shares on, so the fear is overblown (until they shown to change their stance on that).

Oct 27, 2017
Still they do not affect the companies they have shares on, so the fear is overblown (until they shown to change their stance on that).
But then one should still be wary, no?

Just because Huawei hasnt been shown sending data from my country I shouldnt assume they have being doing it, because they had done it on other countries.

I guess an argument can be made if someone is wary of everything Chinese, but this is not the case.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
But then one should still be wary, no?

Just because Huawei hasnt been shown sending data from my country I shouldnt assume they have being doing it, because they had done it on other countries.

I guess an argument can be made if someone is wary of everything Chinese, but this is not the case.
Thing is that it is not Tencent company but other companies they have shares on (which is not that weird in corporate world). Epic is the most "problematic" because they own a big stake close to majority, but what about Paradox (5%) or Discord (where Tencent has invested)?

If we start fearing any company where a chinese company might have a small investment, then we might as well just have fear of everything.

In the case of Huawei, you have direct ownership from Huawei, as well as direct proof of them having tampering on their phones from other countries, which is reason more than enough to avoid them.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I have a G533 and I like it a lot, the only thing about it is that it doesnt have a 3.5mm jack
Don't we start in Gaming and then a few days into the month get moved over to Hangouts?

I've had good experience with my HyperX Cloud's for nearly a decade now and I've heard the Cloud line has only gotten better (I<II<Alpha >Revolver)
I've heard Cloud Flight is pretty good if you want cordless - not Sennheiser level, but good for a gaming headset
I'd recommend anything from Sennheiser, especially the HD 599 headphones. I would definitely go for a set of headphones and a separate mic, I've never had a good experience with an all in one headset.

Thanks for the replies :)
bought the g533

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to play my PS4 on my new PC but it doesn't have the right HDMI ports to allow playback. I only have 2 HDMI and 2 USB3 ports. Is there any adapter I can use? It's a Dell Inspiron 7777 27 inch AIO touchscreen.

Edit: never mind, there's a tiny display switch at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
For the record the admin who posted the MW2 image had been preparing a lengthy reply and intended a serious discussion about the nature of consumerism. The mod team, completely separately, made a call to lock the thread as it had been deteriorating for a while.

This should've been nothing but because of unfortunate timing it gave the appearance of cause and effect, and due to the lock the serious discussion that was intended never materialized.

We recognize the faux pas and so have allowed some room for complaint here. A couple posters who have a history of jumping at opportunities for drama have been actioned. For the rest of us, let's move on.

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is that it is not Tencent company but other companies they have shares on (which is not that weird in corporate world). Epic is the most "problematic" because they own a big stake close to majority, but what about Paradox (5%) or Discord (where Tencent has invested)?

If we start fearing any company where a chinese company might have a small investment, then we might as well just have fear of everything.

In the case of Huawei, you have direct ownership from Huawei, as well as direct proof of them having tampering on their phones from other countries, which is reason more than enough to avoid them.
Fair enough :)

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Tencent and the 40% share of them in Epic

I hear it's 48% now. I'm not claiming that the following will happen, but 48% is enough to, in case something doesn't go the way they want, basically threaten to buy the remaining 3% and get full majority ownership. And I expect Tim Sweeney is fully aware of that.

USGamer's piece about xenophobia being the one reason for anyone raising concerns about who owns half of Epic is extremely problematic, though. I expect any future debate around the issue to be shot down with "stop being racist". Thanks, USGamer, you make journalism proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.