• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Gamers are screwed, little devs are screwed, but Epic and the press told us "It's for your own good".

So you've heard them, just bear with it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everything he's said about Steam/Epic has actually been great, and it's very disappointing that very little has been picked-up and/or elaborated on either by the media or other devs. It's not like he's a new guy coming out with hot-takes - he's been criticising Steam/Valve and making games for years now.
Thats the thing, there are many things you can hit Steam/Valve about, but people always fix on the minor things that are not an issue (or are a minor, rare issue like review bombing).

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we can mod cocaine boy back into Judgment once the game is out on PC, as in I hope they left all the files in.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hektor I don't recall that point discussed in the twitter thread above being brought up in that Q&A document. Maybe it's worth considering adding a section for that.
EDIT: Previous page now, at least for the filthy 50 post per page peasants like me.

Oct 25, 2017
Covering actual facts and valid concerns doesn't fit the narrative and doesn't get as much clicks though.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
More Yakuza is always good. I hope they bring 6 as soon as possible.

If Randy wants to leave Steam all I can say is good riddance. He's never gonna do it, but it would've been nice to see him walk a walk once.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
More Yakuza is always good. I hope they bring 6 as soon as possible.
After playing the 2 Yakuza games, I'm not actually looking forward to play the other 5 games soon enough. The fact that they're all set in exactly the same map just rubs me in the wrong way. Too samey.

Judgement at least has a different protagonist and systems even though it's still set in Kamurocho yet again. So I'd love them to port it first before the rest of Yakuza games.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hey JaseC do you know what happens if you have Global version of some game with all languages on UPlay and activate Season Pass key from Russian region where only Russian language support?

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
After playing the 2 Yakuza games, I'm not actually looking forward to play the other 5 games soon enough. The fact that they're all set in exactly the same map just rubs me in the wrong way. Too samey
Never had a problem with Kamurocho maps tbh. The only thing that I find to be ridiculous is that in almost every installment the final battle takes place in Millenium Tower. Characters are great (Kazuma admittedly overstayed his welcome by the 4th game, but he's a symbol), combat is pretty simple but fun (except for Dead Souls, this shit sucks ass) and there's a ton of side activities. That being said the first 2 games and 0 are clear stand outs for me.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
UWP games can only use desktop resolution in full screen.
We Happy Few at least shows the resolution and lets you switch between 1080p, 1440p, and 4K like you'd expect. These are the first games I've played on windows store bs outside of Gears of War and Forza 4 and the latter has a billion options.

Behemoth in Monster Hunter World sucks, you'd think they'd try to bolster the horrible monster line up with some of the 2 dozen classic monsters that didn't make the cut but nope dumb, gimmicky mmo tie in.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
My thoughts and prayers go out to Randy and the rest of the victims of this tragic (review) bombing. Has anyone started a Gofundme yet?
"Oh look, the poor babies complaining that they're getting review bombed"

"Oh look, the poor babies review bombing anything that they don't like"

It works both ways. Making light of the reactions to review bombing in this manner only makes the fact that you do it in the first place all the more pathetic.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see Kiwami coming out sometime around late Summer. Probably for the better for me. I could see myself getting tired by the formula after playing the first 2 so close to each other.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
When my billionare ass is getting review bombed on steam

giphy.gif

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Consumers not only have a right to complain when the market fails them, it is arguably one of the few rights they have with this system. That people choose to do so should be expected and accepted.

The fact that it comes out as review bombing is a symptom of the problem that other forms of communication are awful and easily ignored.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Borderlands is fun, especially with all the QoL changes. Too bad everything is so brown, and Reshade can barely help. Good thing is that it's not very long and I can continue to Borderlands 2 soon enough. Or maybe not, because so far I've been doing every single quest available. It'll take a while to finish the game at this rate.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I created thread on Gaming side, 0 people checked it :(
Promoting indie games here is an uphill battle.

A made a thread once to encourage people here to more actively support indie games by posting and/or creating more threads about them, and what I got was "Why?", "It's a hassle", etc. Meanwhile, they make a new thread based on a new tweet or interview by a super popular dev, or racing to be the first to make a thread for a highly anticipated AAA game announcement/trailer/new info every single day.

I feel like this place is really not for me.

Amspicora

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking seriously, people saying openly that they are going to pirate games in most places I go, it's something I didn't see in years

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
My pathologic 2 release date and launch trailer thread got like 5 replies and that was with gamepass in the title lol

Dragon Quest XI might end up being one of my favorite jrpgs of all time, act 2 is full of surprises and the presentation is just through the roof all around. Plus a jrpg that doesn't sexualize kids huzzah!

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Promoting indie games here is an uphill battle.

A made a thread once to encourage people here to more actively support indie games by posting and/or creating more threads about them, and what I got was "Why?", "It's a hassle", etc. Meanwhile, they make a new thread based on a new tweet or interview by a super popular dev, or racing to be the first to make a thread for a highly anticipated AAA game announcement/trailer/new info every single day.

I feel like this place is really not for me.

Maybe add "Epic" in the thread title. ;)

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking seriously, people saying openly that they are going to pirate games in most places I go, it's something I didn't see in years
Its just like with online TV and movies. The hoops for piracy are just easier than hoops for "legitimate" sources. Add-in any emotional investment and piracy hoops become even lower. I've heard the mighty Jim Sterling admit he "pirates" BBC iPlayer.

You need to make people feel good about buying stuff legitimately, not make them feel bad when buying a product.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
After playing the 2 Yakuza games, I'm not actually looking forward to play the other 5 games soon enough. The fact that they're all set in exactly the same map just rubs me in the wrong way. Too samey.

Judgement at least has a different protagonist and systems even though it's still set in Kamurocho yet again. So I'd love them to port it first before the rest of Yakuza games.
Later games are like 0 in that their focus is split between Kamurocho other areas. I never really felt tired of the setting, specially since Kamurocho is basically redesigned every game lol
I could see Kiwami coming out sometime around late Summer. Probably for the better for me. I could see myself getting tired by the formula after playing the first 2 so close to each other.
Yeah its best to space them out so each game can breathe.
Service problem etc etc

If buying legit starts becoming too much of a hassle or too pricey, piracy will naturally rise.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Interest in niche games (on Era) is sort of this double-edged sword. You have to make threads to keep interest up, but the (current) lack of interest makes it hard to generate a stable discussion on any of the topics, because (I think) most people just don't think of Era as the place to go for it.

In general it needs to be a pretty breakout title to gather a lot of attention.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I mean Era is first one to complain about suffering indie devs and sending prayers and wishes when studio closes, but when you try to point towards good smaller indie games nobody cares.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supraland demo was better than I expected. Seems to run fine on proton as well. At the very least the demo deserves a shot. Wishilisted for now.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I find it strange that Era will always tell you to not praise Gaben, but Kaz or Reggie are "more than just businessmen" for some reason.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty good. Short stories with a small puzzle in between them. The aesthetics of the game are impressive. Would recommend.

It is quite short though.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Jesus fucking hallelujah someone's finally asked it:

Rob
@retroremakes
I've seen so many takes of the difference for gamers is just a launcher but hold on, what about us? You know, the devs not getting paid off here. Is the difference for *us* "just a launcher" now? Has that been fixed?

Now if only the fucking gaming media would pick this point up.

Nah. Narrative first, bitterness later. Reminds me of 2013 when MS was shitting the bed over The One and the holdouts got really pissy once that became the inevitable conclusion.

Just dont make crappy games.

I get the mentality. Steam, (and Switch, and PS4, and One, and GOG, and...) ain't just flooded with mediocre to crap games, they're also flooded with good to outstanding ones.

But the Great Pumpkin that is EGS isn't the savior they thought it was, and brings with it some mighty baggage that's setting off firestorms in all directions (which continues to be my one true concern).

Status
Not open for further replies.