• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Valve have the most lenient and generous refund polices in the industry. People showing their ass in their blanket hatred driven by media personalities

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That Assassins Creed Vikings "leak" is underwhelming. I'm really getting tired of the ship stuff in these games.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I'm completely done with the franchise after Odyssey, it's incredible that there isn't a single mission in the game with actual scripting or unique encounters. It's all go here to this base bullshit and I don't understand a single lick of praise that game gets.

Plus the characters are even more one note than Bayak with Cassandra being sassy and Alexios being an asshole. Awful stuff

Finally bought Obra Din, huzzah. Excited to play it after Hypnospace Detective got me into the detective/investigative mood

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
I just want to see the next AC giving some update on the
Isu recreation thing
I mean, modern sequences don't need to be such a bore like they were in almost every AC other than 2.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Odyssey having 20 minutes of modern day stuff was also a huge wtf

What's y'all's favorite Obra Dinn monitor settings? Switching between Zenith and lcd

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I honestly don't see your reasoning here. It may not be a spoiler to you but it may be to other people. More importantly, there's a profound difference between the premise ("this is the goal") and the resolution ("the goal is met"). You didn't mention the prince in the post I quoted though so this is more regarding sharing any details at all surrounding the ending and I feel it's fairly customary to just spoiler tag that without hesitation, no matter how predictable or cliché it may be.

You mentioned
a choice to "save the children"
and from what I can remember that's not the premise from the start--but even if it was, it's still revealing details people may not be aware of, because, well, it's the ending of the game.

And I mean... the entire premise of Mario is built on a single trope. A game like Sekiro is a bit different in that regard, wouldn't you agree?
i'd be with you but sekiro is very clear about how the principal motivation of your character is taking care of the prince. it's said on the intro cutscene, it's the first goal you get in the game and it's also the second one and i'm not gonna reveal any further but you know, that kid's important. and he's a lovely kid, i want this kid to be happy

i also know this is a from soft game so i'm expecting those assholes at from soft to be mean to my baby boy

i don't know what the endings are about, i haven't finished the game, so i can't spoil anything and i haven't....

it was a joke, i've gone on an effort to blur out the phrostetics' names in the screenshot i posted earlier (as well as mostly posting non-spoilery screenshots), give me a break people...

like, i get it, when my friend told me the results of the 2016 league worlds finals i didn't talk to him for a week but this zealousness is kind of irritating, i literally stated the god damn main objective of the game

it's literally fucking peach lol

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Why does it seem like there's more ignorance in videogame circles than elsewhere? Is it just because it's more obvious, or what?

This was me sending as ticket to Valve about AssCreed Odyssey a few hours ago

Message from you on Apr 5 @ 10:27pm 9 hours ago
Refunding to purchase for a discounted price

This was a short time later:
Message from Steam Support on Apr 5 @ 11:57pm | 8 hours ago
Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.

Edit: Trying to work out what to buy with the money I save. Obra Din and the new Warhammer DLC, then... Monster Hunter, I think?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that I, a goober who has been running around New York all week and in rain today, found this Polygon article first

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/4/5/18295833/epic-games-store-controversy-explained

Because I gave-up on Polygon years ago? 'Tis a site for goobers, sir. :p

Oh! That reminded me! Washington Post reviews Sekiro:

'Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice' is so challenging you might need to toss the controller aside and go for a long walk

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
User Banned (1 day): Vilifying media outlets

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I don't know what so unique behind shooter with looter gameplay mechanic and loop that it deserved a designation of its own.

(You folks [probably] just half-kidding about it most of the time, but there is serious usage of the term in this forum)
There's a perfectly good name for the genre- "Diablo II with guns". But "Shlooter" just rolls off the tongue better.
Imagine how much money Epic would have to pay for a Red Dead exclusive. I really hope the prices paid get leaked at some point.

2 months' exclusive, tops.

RDR2 saved from permanent exclusivity.

Tim forgot to add, "yet" /s

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Reinstalled one of my case fans because it was scrapping against the rim only to realize I did it the wrong way around. Fucking sigh

Sound design in Obra Dinn is stunning, seems pretty worthy of our prize so far. Bought the Glass Staircase horror game on itch tho so going to take a break and give that a go.

Some of the smoke trail stuff in Obra is a bit silly when you can clearly see the next corpse is a few feet away but the smoke trail leading you to it decides to do 3 loops before going right over lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Random Steam games giveawayyy:

The Cat Lady - TT9W3-2BL8I-QY6L9
Indigo Prophecy - D3D6T-EDREH-ZR84Y
Downfall - M7Y27-PR7WZ-BBL7A
Songbringer - 24QV2-G2NHX-FPVWN
Wick - LC3C7-LAYLT-6YQNC

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
My party took a gryphon down to about an inch of health and the darn thing just took off and flew over the mountains!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Obra Dinn does one of my least favorite gaming quirks where doors shut behind you in 4 seconds but many of the cabins are tiny so you're in there just a bit too long and then you have to wait for it to close and go through the animation of opening the door again and ugh annoying

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Obra Dinn does one of my least favorite gaming quirks where doors shut behind you in 4 seconds but many of the cabins are tiny so you're in there just a bit too long and then you have to wait for it to close and go through the animation of opening the door again and ugh annoying
which other games have this quite specific quirk lol

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Doors shutting behind you rather than staying open is pretty common in games?

Not a big deal by any means tho most games don't have an animation for door opening like Obra Dinn.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
My pet peeve is doors swinging both ways, which very few doors actually do. But I understand why it's done so I live with it :)

If I ever made a game I would make the doors only open in one direction and people would hate it and I would be like, "whatever you just don't like immersive sims."

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
My pet peeve is doors swinging both ways, which very few doors actually do. But I understand why it's done so I live with it :)

If I ever made a game I would make the doors only open in one direction and people would hate it and I would be like, "whatever you just don't like immersive sims."

Doors opening towards the player is such a bastard to solve in a way that makes everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.