• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I already own StarCraft 2, but only Wings of Lbierty and buys the Battlechest from CDKeys, will it simply just add the rest of the games (LotW, HotS)? Or will the key not work at all?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm subbed to PureVPN myself. IIRC, there'll be no more three-year plan sales going forward, but there are specials on two-year plans every now and then, and the only Steam Store region not currently covered is Uruguay.

Edit: I should note that cross-region purchasing is literally the only reason I have a sub, so I can't comment on download/upload speeds or whether it's a good option for circumventing regional restrictions on streaming services and the like.
Yeah, it'd mainly be for Steam and a little streaming

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
If I already own StarCraft 2, but only Wings of Lbierty and buys the Battlechest from CDKeys, will it simply just add the rest of the games (LotW, HotS)? Or will the key not work at all?
I'd like to know this as well. 15€ is a pretty good deal for StarCraft 2 (even if I assume the story goes down the drain in the last two chapters)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Oh Mr Orange, it'll be different without you as the OP. But I bet Uzzy will do a great job too.

Thanks for all the great work, Mr Orange.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
worst thing about sekiro is its weird obsession with placing npcs and bonfires real close to enemies

it's often pointless enemies too, like the random archer in the tiny room with the npc near the end of hirata state

edit: also good luck mrorange. i'll remember how you always let me get away with submitting my goty votes a few days later :p

I feel like in some instances it makes for easy farming points if you need gold for a prosthetic upgrade or something. Everybody is conveniently facing the other way near you.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Oh dang, if it really turns out the kid forged the "evidence" for plagiarism (re: Fortnite skin), he's gonna get hit hard by Epic's lawyers. I don't think his parents have that kind of money.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang, if it really turns out the kid forged the "evidence" for plagiarism (re: Fortnite skin), he's gonna get hit hard by Epic's lawyers. I don't think his parents have that kind of money.

I wonder if there's an equivalent to wayback or archive.org that could show the image before the edit.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
JgX7Jwd.png

It is with sad news that I am officially stepping down from making the monthly PC/Steam thread duties starting today. I've been making these threads since 2012 and after 7+ years it's time to move on. Making these threads while tiresome and requiring a lot of man hours has been fun to do and I am proud of what we have achieved as a community.

There isn't any real good reason why I've decided to stop, maybe it's just I turn 30 this month and I feel like I've done what I can here. I wanted to quit many times before but something always kept me hanging on all these years. So yeah I guess that means no more joke threads. But I'm sure you peeps will live.

My replacement has been chosen as Uzzy , I am sure he can lead on and wish him all the best and to this community we have built over the past decade or so. I've spoken to him and he will be making the May thread and all future threads.

We've come a long way from the days of NeoGif where it took us a year to fill up a thread to having monthly threads, recommendations, monthly challenges, retro monthly and lets not forget our GOTY's which are always a blast. I hope these continue in some manner for the community.

It's been a blast and I'll try and not to be a stranger round these places. Thank you for posting and reading and just being party of this community.

See you around.

MROROANGE

OtRaLc9.png
Thanks for all your hard work.
tenor.gif

This better not be an April Fool's joke...

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Far Cry New Dawn is more fun than I thought it would be. I like how small and approachable the open world is, especially compared to AC Odyssey's massive map.

Also... BEARFLIP!

The bear was fine.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Pillars of Eternity II finally clicked on me after i tried it when it came out. Didnt like it, like at all, the first time i played it (despite loving the first one)

The loadings (i have installed it on a SSD) are shit

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Baba is You I guess lategame
that shit you can do on levels 9 and 10 in the overworld

This game is mindblowing

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for everything. MRORANGE

Hopefully Uzzy doesn't have too much anime in the next main post! Well Ace Attorney is good anime so that's fine.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Dragon Quest XI has an enemy called a Professaurus that is a teacher dinosaur and in the world(no random encounters) he is reading to a group of other enemies before you can choose to attack. This game is one of the most charming things I've ever played.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI has an enemy called a Professaurus that is a teacher dinosaur and in the world(no random encounters) he is reading to a group of other enemies before you can choose to attack. This game is one of the most charming things I've ever played.

why the fuck is that an enemy and not a romance option

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Welp pack it up guys, turns out the persom claiming Epic ripped them off was lying. Why put a stunt like this?
further context pls?

Because writers think they're very smart
idk if it's like that, i think writers may convince themselves that their stories are too simple without them or whatever

but it's like all in the performance, if it's well written and portrayed then you don't need much more

complicated stories just make things hard to follow, and while sometimes that's interesting, it doesn't straight up makes it better

I feel like in some instances it makes for easy farming points if you need gold for a prosthetic upgrade or something. Everybody is conveniently facing the other way near you.
yeah for sure, but just make it a little bit farther away so that you can swing your sword around a bit and not aggro a ton of dudes

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I am playing OG Far Cry and I just can not beat the game. From my understanding the game is difficult and I wanted to know if there is a quick save mod or something for the game.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing OG Far Cry and I just can not beat the game. From my understanding the game is difficult and I wanted to know if there is a quick save mod or something for the game.
The game is ridiculously difficult, and just continues to get worse. When Dunkey made a video on it I felt so much vindication.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
The game is ridiculously difficult, and just continues to get worse. When Dunkey made a video on it I felt so much vindication.
That is true. The first parts are not so bad and it does get worse. I'm currently at the 60% point in the game so I already beat half of it.

I really hate how enemies seem to have pin point accuracy especially when it comes to rockets. Somehow they are miles away from you, some how manage to spot you and then take you out in one to two hits.

One of the really BS things is shooting through walls,yes I understand that in some games that is a thing but the accuracy at which they do it is the issue that I have. There was this one part in particular in the earlier parts of the game where the enemies are in a vehicle hanger, and yet if you get even close to it they just shoot at you and somehow don't miss. That is like me walking past one ones house on the street and them shooting at me through house and that house has no windows or doors (bad comparison but I'm sure you get what I mean)

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for everything MRORANGE , hopes you'll find success in your next venture in life.
I hope it wouldn't be difficult finding the thread without your orange glowing avatar ;__;

Oct 27, 2017
further context pls?

Some kid claimed that Epic had plagarized a design they made, using it on a Fortnite skin. It had some obvious similarities, so people (mea culpa, as you can attest in this thread.) believed that Epic could have ripped of his design. But people started digging through his deviantart portfolio and discovered that that entry in particular was updated this month, leading to suspicion that they might have swapped the drawing for another one (which in the end turned out to be true), the kid claimed that they had updated the drawing to include a watermark to protect that drawing, and due to deviantart functionality shenanigans people still believed his story, until someone brought proof that they indeed had swapped the drawing for another one. Even Jim made a video which was taken down already.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
gjG0d9N.png

i feel the prosthetic system is pretty terrible, choosing them from this list gets really bad when you have a bunch of them, specially since a lot of them are just linear upgrades that should probably just replace the originals? also you just pile them up since they have a lot of cross requirements

tho honestly i barely use prosthetic attacks

Some kid claimed that Epic had plagarized a design they made, using it on a Fortnite skin. It had some obvious similarities, so people (mea culpa, as you can attest in this thread.) believed that Epic could have ripped of his design. But people started digging through his deviantart portfolio and discovered that that entry in particular was updated this month, leading to suspicion that they might have swapped the drawing for another one (which in the end turned out to be true), the kid claimed that they had updated the drawing to include a watermark to protect that drawing, and due to deviantart functionality shenanigans people still believed his story, until someone brought proof that they indeed had swapped the drawing for another one. Even Jim made a video which was taken down already.
this all confirmed? i didn't see these news anywhere

i'm glad i held on to comment, nowadays it feels like we need to wait 12 hours before commenting on anything

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
gjG0d9N.png

i feel the prosthetic system is pretty terrible, choosing them from this list gets really bad when you have a bunch of them, specially since a lot of them are just linear upgrades that should probably just replace the originals? also you just pile them up since they have a lot of cross requirements

tho honestly i barely use prosthetic attacks

Most of the prosethic items aren't upgrades tho, just different attacks with different ups and downs. Like giving the lance a sweep or a strong thrust attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.