• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What PC gaming clients do you have installed?

• Battle.net

Votes: 444 53.9%
  • Epic Game Store

Votes: 512 62.2%
  • GOG Galaxy

Votes: 420 51.0%
  • Origin

Votes: 464 56.4%
  • Steam

Votes: 819 99.5%
  • Ubisoft Connect

Votes: 425 51.6%
  • Xbox

Votes: 462 56.1%

• Total voters

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Steam, Origin, Uplay, Gog and EGS. Only used GOG and EGS to download my DRM free games so they haven't been used since I built my PC. Uplay is only there cause I got Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 for free. Origin is reqiired for Titanfall 2. Steam is used constantly though, launch literally every game from every launcher and emulators from there so I can use my Steam Controller and all the other features it has.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
you missed some clients

-Bethesda Launcher
-Riot Launcher
-Amazon game launcher(the old twitch launcher)
-Arc launcher
-Paradox Launcher
-Rockstar Launcher

some of that are mandatory for playing the games even through steam
There's still a bunch of other launchers too if you're into MMOs. Like Glyph for Trion games, NC Soft Games launcher, and many game specific launchers. And yeah, they run on top of Steam. Like I've been trying to play LOTRO again lately but it's stuck on its archaic launcher trying to install some requirements.

Bissniss

Nov 11, 2019
All of them. Steam, GoG and Xbox are on Auto Start.
GoG Galaxy is also used to keep track of all my games.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
Technically all but Xbox, but none on auto-start so GOG galaxy and Battle.net are just outdated versions chilling on my hard-drive because I'm not really playing any relevant games at the moment.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Battle.net for CoD these days but I have a bunch of blizzard games on my account too.

Steam because it's essential. Few hundred games on it

Epic because of freebies and I got Metro Exodus on it.

Xbox because of Gamepass pc.

Oct 30, 2017
basically all of them, though epic and steam account for about 95% of the usage.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, people with obviously very real concerns about the PC market keep claiming Steam has a "monopoly" that can only be dismantled by Tim Epic buying Shenmue and Borderlands, yet the majority of replies here state that they use multiple launchers that existed prior to EGS and 57% of poll respondents have at least 1 other launcher. Have prankster uncles been tampering with this poll?

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
Battle.net because my GPU came with COD Modern Warfare last year. Claimed it but never played it.
Epic Games Store to claim free games and also to play games that only get released there temporarly (E.G. Quantic Dream games, or KH games this spring)
GOG Galaxy to play Cyberpunk 2077
Steam for every other game and key I buy
Ubisoft Connect (I still have Uplay, didn't update) to claim free games
Xbox for Game Pass (playing Yakuza 3 right now)

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
Playing DMC HD collection on the Twitch launcher because they gave that away for free ages ago. GOG is the best for organising them all together imo.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Serious question, but why do people refuse to use epic? They constantly give out free games and it's library syncs well with GeForce Now.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
I have all the ones you've listed installed. But I've only ever run or purchased games through Steam - the others are just for snagging freebies I'll never play. Actually, Origin is an exception, where I bought Titanfall 2 before I knew that would come to Steam.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird, people with obviously very real concerns about the PC market keep claiming Steam has a "monopoly" that can only be dismantled by Tim Epic buying Shenmue and Borderlands, yet the majority of replies here state that they use multiple launchers that existed prior to EGS and 57% of poll respondents have at least 1 other launcher. Have prankster uncles been tampering with this poll?

Both can be true. Launcher =/= storefront =/= market share.

If the question was "which store do you buy 95% on your games on", i can assure you, that neither Battle.net, nor Ubisoft, nor Epic, nor Origin, nor GOG would be the winning entry (by a mile, i'd presume).

Battle.net is a store front that releases like 1 game a year. Most people have EGS installed to add free games to their library. None of that contradicts the idea that Steam hogs most of the actual market share within the PC games market.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Steam for over 800 games.

Battle.net for Overwatch. (sometimes WoW)

Origin for The Sims 4.

Ubisoft Connect for Watch Dogs Legion(free with RTX 3080, so why not)

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Serious question, but why do people refuse to use epic? They constantly give out free games and it's library syncs well with GeForce Now.

I am opposed to their business practices, specifically attempting to bring console style "exclusives" into the PC space via their vast warchest of cash earned on the back of selling loot boxes to children.

The PC is an open platform, and anybody creating a walled garden is a regressive and unwelcome influence. Epic specifically have a tumultuous past in the PC space, and are deserving of even more suspicion than others.

To be real, beside any of that principled shit, Tim Sweeney is just a prick who I don't want to support.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
haven't had a reason to have battle.net installed in some time but I have the rest plus some other ones like rockstar launcher
I don't autostart anything though

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
steam - for most of my pc gaming library

epic - played a few games on it. got all those free games too of course.

battle.net - just for overwatch

gog galaxy - got a handful of games on it that i haven't really played. mainly used it for sorting my collection, but i use backloggd now for that.

itch - where i play the rest of my tiny indie games.

used to have uplay and origin but uninstalled them since i wasn't using them. i do have to eventually reinstall the former when i get around to playing watch dogs 1 and 2, and i might do the same for the latter if i feel the itch to play apex legends again on pc.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
All but the EGS, the vast majority of my time is spent on Steam though, I only use the other clients on the very rare occasion I absolutely have to play something that's locked to them (or if I want to play something for cheap on GamePass in the case of the Xbox store).

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Steam for everything
Ubi/Origin for Steam games that need it to work

Fuck Epic, largely indifferent about the rest but prefer to keep everything on one service if possible

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Steam and EGS. Maybe Origin if I feel like playing Battlefield. I also have Itch.io's client installed.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic for fortnite/hitman/hades and a few free games
Steam for the rest
Origin for sims (lol)
I am opposed to their business practices, specifically attempting to bring console style "exclusives" into the PC space via their vast warchest of cash earned on the back of selling loot boxes to children.
There are lootboxes in fortnite now?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

Rotfl, this right here.

Godbless Playnite!

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Steam is where I buy all my games. Couldn't care less for other stores. I tried GOG, but didn't like it. The games updated very slowly compared to Steam.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Steam for everything.
Origin for Sims 4.
Ubisoft for some reason. I'm never booting up another Ubisoft game so I can uninstall that.
GoG for the oldies.

Steam is the only Client that boots on launch and it's the only one that I like.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Interesting that except for Steam, which expectedly pretty much everyone has, it's pretty even among the rest of them. All hovering around 50 - 60%. I didn't expect that.

For me it's Steam, Origin, Ubi, EGS, Xbox, and Rockstar. Steam is #1 of course, I buy all my games on Steam if I have the option. Xbox is for Game Pass. Origin, Ubi and Rockstar are because you need them and I'm not averse to buying off them if there's a good deal. And EGS is for free shit. Only Steam is set to boot up at launch.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bnet
Origin
Steam
GOG
EGS

Which I then all collect into GOG. I wish it worked better cause I love the client otherwise.
Maybe I oughta just switch to Playnite

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Steam with auto start.
GOG / Ubi thingy / Origin / BNet / Twitch but without auto start.
Xbox / EGS not installed.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
out of these I have steam/gog galaxy/xbox ones installed

steam is the only one I really ever use, I just happen to still have the xbox one installed from dabbling with gamepass a bit in the past and I have gog galaxy for a few old games that aren't on steam that I hardly ever play

I also currently have the Oculus launcher(some VR stuff) and Riot's launcher(played legends of runeterra a bit a while back) installed but haven't used either of those in a while either

first you need to understand that I don't really ever want to use anything other than Steam to begin with, it's feature set is just objectively superior to other clients and when not even something like gamepass is enough to get me to not want to just use steam some free games here and there sure as hell isn't enough either

then you throw on all the resentment over their stupid exclusives stuff as well and it's basically the easiest thing in the world to never use them

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
All except GOG. Deleted my account when CDP started being transphobic assholes.
Only have Battle.net installed because I got a Codblopswar key with my 3080.

I also have itch and Rockstar's thing.
Rockstar puts out like two games per decade. Out of all clients, that one feels the most like a pointless inconvenience, a hoop to jump through so Rockstar has more control. Although Microsoft's client is the worst. Broken, kills mods.