• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PC Gamers: What are your console plans atm?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 81 10.3%
  • PS5

Votes: 397 50.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • PC only

Votes: 196 24.9%

• Total voters

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'll get a PS5 eventually - when some good exclusives come..

Unless... they do a good streaming service for PS5 exclusives. Not interested in streaming most of my games, but I have a gigabit connection & I feel streaming could be a reasonable replacement for buying a console I'd barely use (I played my PS4 for 10 hours.. on 1 game this year), even if it isn't a reasonable replacement for PC.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've always owned everything and I will continue to own everything. It gives me access to every available game and I can buy games on whatever platform is cheapest or where they perform the best. Flexibility is a major bonus for me.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
If the PS5 ever gets an exclusive I desperately want to play, I'll pick one up.

Never happened for the PS4 though, so probably just PC (and Switch, of course).

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
More likely I will stick to PC only, bought a PS4 last year for the exclusives and haven't really been overly them wowed by them TBH
wil pick up a PS5 if they don't continue to port the Yakuza series. I definitely prefer gaming sat at a desk with a M+K.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
PS5 is a possibility due to backwards compatibility since I didn't buy a console this gen.

That being said, I have no shortage of games to play on PC so I may skip next gen, too.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'd probably pick XsX if they go for 60 fps a good chunk of the time in games, and if I want better looking games than what I'd have on PC. I just can't bring myself to make use of eye candy in a lot of games because I want high fps. It wouldn't matter as much if everyone on console was at 60 fps anyway, plus there would be all the extra eye candy.

ridaxan

Oct 29, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
PS5 to supplement my PC. My PS4 library is pretty big and I would love to play the games at a more consistent framerate/resolution. Although I have faith that Sony is going to do everything in their power to completely miss the mark with having great backwards compatibility.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Got back into PC gaming a little over a year ago after many years on consoles, and it's the best gaming-related decision I have ever made.
I have zero interest in picking up an Xbox, because I can play everything on PC, and my current rig already outperforms whatever the next consoles will offer.
I will consider buying a PS5 only for the exclusives and depending on which exclusives we get.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really. Pretty much no exclusive game on consoles interests me.
But backward compatibility is one reason that i'll probably buy PS5, because i didnt have PS4 and want to play Gran Turismo.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Sony had some great exclusives on the PS4, I imagine that will continue on the PS5.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get the PS5 for exclusives and there's just some games i prefer playing on a console.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I was going to get a PS5 but Xbox is doing great lately and this year they have an amazing lineup. And they gonna have great RPGs upcoming next gen, more than the rest.

Going XBOX nest gen (the powerfull one) with Gamepass seems like a really great deal tbh.

Then Sony have lots of exclusives i like so yeah, i need to wait and see.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna stick with PC for now, PS5 sometime later for exclusives. Don't care enough about first party Sony games to get a PS5 ASAP, and while there'll be a small handful of Japanese games that I can't play on PC, if the trend follows from the PS3 and PS4 it's going to take a few years for that to really get going.

My current plan is to get a PS5 when the inevitable slim revision or Spiderman 2 bundle goes up for sale. Maybe both will happen at once. :P

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely PS5 for the Japanese games that get either a PC or Switch port. I will have to wait and see how the game announcements go before making a final decision.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking PC only for the first time ever as Sony exclusives rarely appeal to me enough anymore for it to feel worth it. My use of the PS4 has been way down when compared to previous gens.

If anything it'll be multi gen backwards compatibility(with digital purchase options) that could sway me to either console most of all as 99% of new releases are on PC but a lot of old stuff still isn't. Certain wouldn't pay launch prices for that though.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I haven't really played on consoles. I've always been a PC gamer, just as my friends. Only console I've ever owned was a Wii. I do use an Xbox controller for games like FIFA and Forza..

So, my answer is PC only. Guess I should buy a TV first.. some day.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
My interest in Sony exclusives are not strong enough to purchase a console. I can play all Xbox exclusives on PC, so there is really no need to buy a console in my situation. Other than my Switch, I haven't owned a PlayStation or Xbox since 2011, and I don't see myself buying a console any time soon.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting this gen out like I like I did the last one; I have way too many good games on PC as it is.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will get a ps5 no matter what. Been doing that since ps1 and was never disappointed. So brand loyalty I guess. Might get a series x down the line if it gets some very good exclusive RPGs.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PC only for me, haven't touched a console since probably Breath of the Wild on WiiU.

Most games come out on PC these days anyways.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
There's no reason for me to buy an Xbox Series X as long as my PC is doing well. Besides backwards compatibility maybe.

Depends on the exclusives if I'm going to buy a PS5 or not, but they'll probably be worth it.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
PS5 because of exclusives.

Also, sometimes I can't use my PC to play games because I'm using it for something else.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
PC only. I can play any exclusives on any number of consoles I have access too. Although I haven't seen any exclusives worth it lately.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 at launch, mainly for exclusives. It'll probably be my 3rd party machine for a little while also until I build a new PC (this stock 290x has got to go). Just like last time my PS4 was my 3rd party machine for almost a year until I got my current rig.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I'll buy a PS5 at launch because I know it'll have good exclusives. Xbox I'll wait and see. PC will of course remain my primary platform.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I'm thinking about PS5.

I missed out on the PS4 gen so there's a few games (some that I've already picked up) that I'd quite like to play, and I really want to play Dreams too so if I don't get a cheap PS4 I'll probably get a PS5.

Otherwise I'll just upgrade my PC, hopefully this year if the right tech is out.

I'm still unsure if Sony is bringing their games to PC as well. I suspect they might.

If they announce a new Wipeout by the original team, I'll be there day 1. Or if they show us some gameplay footage of out-of-this-world games.

Oct 31, 2017
PC/PS4 owner here, I'm getting a PS5. I really loved Sony's exclusives this gen and since there's no other way to play them other than buying a PS console I'll have to buy a PS5 next gen.