• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
YP5yr3PZmQZdjhGREBMypm-1024-80.jpg.webp

www.pcgamer.com

Game of the Year 2020: Death Stranding

Truly no game encapsulated 2020 better than Kojima's journey to reconnect the world.

Congrats to Kojima Productions. Lovely game, nice to see the recognition from PC outlets.

Rest of the awards:
Best Ongoing Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Best Action Game: Hades
Best Roguelike: Spelunky 2
Best Adventure Game: Paradise Killer
Best Co-op Game: Phasmophobia
Best Card Game: Monster Train
Best Innovation: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Best VR Game: Half-Life: Alyx
Best Multiplayer Game: Valorant
Best RPG: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Best FPS: Doom Eternal
Best Strategy Game: Crusader Kings 3

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Now KojiPro just need to release it on PS5 and Series X so it get it's third year of GOTY.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I really wanna play more of this but I lost my save and can't get myself to push though the first region again. It was interesting but isn't the type of game that benefits from replaying parts

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Should've been Alyx, MSFS or Crusader Kings. It's a great port, but it's just that: a port. I wouldn't give Xbox GOTY to flight sim next year despite my love for the game.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. That's actually really cool. Congrats to Kojima Productions.

DS is currently in my PS4 backlog. I have a base PS4. Are the Pro enhancements enough that I should wait until I obtain a PS5 before playing?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Almost everything in this article about Death Stranding could be applied to Snowrunners, but it's like PC Gamer's staff needs a big budget attached.

Jun 20, 2019
Great to see Paradise Killer get more recognition. I'll pick up Death Stranding when the mood is right, glad to see it here.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's an outrage that my favorite game didn't win their awards. Why didn't they consult me?

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The best part is that Death Stranding represent very well 2020, I am glad is still being well received, its one of the game I am sure will be more well received as the years go, instant classic, truly magic and especial game.
Terrible choice in a year with Alyx and Cyberpunk (The PC version was fine).
I can't say for Alyx, but Death Stranding is so much better than Cyberpunk.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Odd pick in my opinion but they are more than entitled to theirs.

Would have expected Half Life Alyx considering it's a PC exclusive Half Life game that pushes tech, definitely my personal GOTY.

Oct 30, 2017
2019 GOTY is 2020 GOTY!
Keep on keeping on!
Sam Porter Bridges delivers again.

With how 2020 turned out, this game hits so much harder with me now. It's such a different, sometimes frustrating, but unique experience.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Hell yeah thats awesome , was my game of the year last year and is possibly my game of the generation.

I was contemplating getting it on pc because I really want to play through it again but I've been holding out hoping for a ps5 upgrade with Dualsense features. Im probably going to just end up getting the PC version though pretty soon

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best RPG this year was an Assassin's Creed game? Fine, as a game, okay, but with the renaissance the CRPG scene has enjoyed over the last half-decade, I'd have hoped for a more traditional choice.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Personally hate Death Stranding as a game, but the PC port by all accounts was technically amazing so good on them for that

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Terrible choice in a year with Alyx and Cyberpunk (The PC version was fine).

I mean, there's far more wrong with 2077 before we even bring up the bugs. For one: you can't go two seconds walking around in the game without receiving 3 phonecalls in a row because you walked into X fixer's hood, one of delamain's cars is nearby and oh hey,some Fixer wants you to buy a car 🤷🏾‍♂️

The PC version might be fine in comparison to the other versions of the game but the game itself also has a lot of non-bug related issues.