• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Do you like to have all Corsair or all Logitech or any other brandname? Even though you know that Logitech may have the better Mouse than Corsair or steelseries might have the better keyboard than Logitech?

I know people prefer to have one program interface to interact with all devices, but are you the one person brand name or will you mix it up to get the best of everything? Your thoughts?

BurstLayer

Feb 6, 2019
My keyboard and mouse are different brands (corsair and logitech), everything inside of my computer that has RGB is asus so kinda I guess

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I had this thought a while ago. My PC is everything brand different except the MOBO, monitor and GPU which are Asus. The rest are different.
Mouse corsair, keyboard oscar, headphones kinston, controller microsoft, ram g skill (not sure).my sound system when it worked was logitech. My Tv is samsung.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

Logitech mouse, Corsair keyboard, AKG headphones...

And no reason for me to go all Logitech or all Corsair or something, because their first-party software is always shit.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
All different brands. Same for my PC hardware. If I think about it actually nothing matches at all. Also come to think of it I need a new mousepad, because mine lost this comfortable-but-still-fast glide feeling you get with new big cloth mousepads.

I usually go for price/performance and I have zero brand loyalty

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
No, I have mixed brands across the board. I don't use peripherals that require a program (and I intend to keep it that way) so it doesn't really matter to me.

I have a Corsair keyboard and PSU though, so I guess that's a convenient combo!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
A little bit. I've only owned Alienware laptops and my accessories and things have only been Razer.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I used to try and get matching everything but it always ended up being quite a bit more expensive, so I just don't bother anymore. Nothing matches in my current setup except for my Be Quiet! PSU and Case. Asus MoBo, Corsair RAM, Gigabyte GPU, Ducky Keyboard, Logitech Mouse, Audio-Technica Headset and AOC Monitors.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know or care what the brand of a lot of my stuff is. I do the research when I buy individual components, and dump the info soon after.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I guess somewhat, I have Razer keyboard, mouse, headset, and light up mousepad. Collected over the course of 3 years.

I like it.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Not at all.

Combination of Asus (motherboard & video card), EVGA (power supply), Corsair (liquid cooler and RAM) and Western Digital (HDD) and Samsung (SSD) in a Fractal case.

Peripherals are just as mismatched, Logitech and Coolermaster and Dell.

Oct 25, 2017
No, and I think it's weird when people do match all one brand. Unless by some miracle one company managed to produce all the best components, but that's never been the case.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to stick with brands I've grown to trust will at least offer decent peripherals/components but I don't make a point of having them all be the same. I just want them to be good and to last.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Alienware monitor
Logitech mouse (Can't live without my G602)
Logitech headset (Artemis G933)
Corsaire mousepad
Corsaire mechanical keyboard (K95-RGB)

It's not all over the place but it's still relatively varried

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I have an Amazon keyboard, a Kensington mouse, an EVGA GPU in a prebuilt Acer, and Astro headphones.

Yes it's a perfect match I have strong brand loyalty.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
No, that would be dumb.

There's not really any brands I avoid either, except Asus whom I had a bad BIOS experience with last build.

I notice some people do it and it's super weird. Actually they're probably just guerilla marketers.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope, I get pieces as I go along, the only reason I'd so to do that is if they were in a bundle or something.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
No. No brand has the best of everything. Corsair keyboard, Logitech mouse, Acer monitor, Sony headphones.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I have a Gigabyte motherboard and keyboard (Z390 Gaming X and K85), a Corsair PSU and RAM (HX1000i and 2x 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200), and an NZXT case and CPU cooler (H630 and Kraken X62). Everything else is a different brand.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nope. All over the place, really. Razer mechanical keyboard. 2x Logitech mouses & 1 wireless keyboard. Corsair speakers and water cooler. Alienware & Asus monitors. Asus Motherbard & graphics card. EVGA power supply. HyperX & SteelSeries headphones.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The most amount of parts I have from the same company is 3, my motherboard, gpu and monitor are all gigabyte. Even that's just a coincidence though. The monitor happened to have the specs I wanted when I was looking for one, the x570 motherboards from gigabyte are widely considered some of the best and the gigabyte 1080ti I bought was on a really good sale just before the 20xx cards came out.

The only tangible reason I can see someone wanting to have parts all from the same company is RGB I guess. My PC sits in a place I can't see the side of it though, so I can't say I care too much about that, lol.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
All my parts are pretty much different. Rosewill mechanical keyboard, cheap Zelotes mouse, Asus mobo, Corsair PSU/liquid CPU cooler, G.Skill RAM, Powercolor GPU.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Are we talking about external devices only? Anyway:

Keyboard and mouse are both Logitech (G403 and G413). Speakers are also Logitech (Z200)
Headphones are HyperX (Cloud Alpha)
My monitor is AOC (G2590PX)
My case is Corsair (Carbide Alpha)
My motherboard is Asus (Maximus VIII Hero)
My GPU is Gigabyte (1070)
RAM is Kingston (16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 CL15)
My PSU is EVGA
SSDs are both Samsung, HDDs are... Seagate and Toshiba I believe

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about brands (aside from checking if X or Y will last longer, that sort of stuff). So no, my stuff doesn't match at all. I have an LG monitor, Logitech mouse, local brand keyboard, Asrock mobo, HyperX headphones, G.Skill RAM, etc.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Nope

Corsair mouse and headphones
Razer keyboard
NZXT case

Internals are all whatever brand I could get cheapest when i bought them.

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all lol.

My mouse is Logitech G602, my keyboard is that Reddragon cheap ten keyless, my mousepad is a plain unbranded 30x12", and my headset is Steelseries Arctis. I used to be all Razer for awhile until my current build (sold my peripherals with my old PC).
Hardware wise it's all over the place as well being a mixture of Gigabyte, and MSI.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, not at all. It's a complete mix. I use a Razor mouse but an Apple keyboard and a Microsoft headset. I don't care for matching it all up really.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Monitor BenQ, keyboard is Logitech, mouse is Logitech, NZXT case. I don't really care about the other stuff, it's all mixed and matched.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Acer monitor
Dell monitor
Logitech speakers
Logitech headset
Rosewill keyboard
Steelseries mouse
fUnc mousepad
Corsair case
Corsair CPU cooler
Asus mobo
G.Skill RAM
Crucial SSD
WD SSD
WD HDDs
EVGA GPU
Intel CPU

A few repeats, but just by coincidence

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, don't really have time to care. If I see a good deal on something I want/need, then I get it.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Nope. Most of my internals are Asus, but I have a Razer keyboard, Logitech Mouse, and Corsair Case.

The only thing I'd really consider changing is the keyboard. My first Razer product and it already has keys jamming or double-hitting. Will probably swap with Logitech for that too.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Got an Xbox One controller, PS4 controller, Razer Naga MMO Mouse, Logitech M560 mouse when I want to do regular stuff, a Keychron K1 mechanical keyboard, Corsair Carbide 400c case, Gigabyte motherboard, Ryzen processor, Zotac GTX graphics card, and some RAM I don't remember.

None of my shit matches.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Bookmarking this thread for when someone (usually from Era) accuses Era of being brand-worshipers. Not that that narrative ever had much weight in the first place.

Myself, I currently have only two PC components from the same company. And that's probably going to change soon when I get a new mouse.