• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to buy BL 3 on EGS?

• Yes

Votes: 292 27.8%
  • Waiting for Steam release.

Votes: 644 61.3%
  • Getting it on a console.

Votes: 114 10.9%

• Total voters

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to play it but I'm waiting for the steam version. If I owned a current gen console then I'd get it for that.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
sticking with my plan of getting it on ps4 now then waiting for the GOTY edition in a year or 2 during a steam sale

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Nothing against Epic Store, i got Control and Beyond there plus the free games, but i don't like Borderlands at all so i won't buy it for that reason

Oct 28, 2017
My gaming PC has basically been turned into a dedicated Oculus Rift machine after the EGS exclusives started being bought.

If I get the game it will be on my Xbox, I am kinda done with non-VR PC gaming until all of this drama shakes out.

I really really hate having to deal with multiple storefronts, which is why even for the VR stuff I run everything SteamVR through Oculus Home via Opencomposite.

Oct 29, 2017
I picked the Steam option but with the problems I have with both EGS and pitchford, it's a GOTY edition on deep discount purchase, probably on a third party storefront, or not at all.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No, but less against the EGS and just that I don't like the Borderlands games, or Randy Pitchford.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I wont.
I wont support Epic's business model, that's all.
Facts.
Absolutely, yes. It's been 7 years since Borderlands 2 came out. I'm hype as hell.

People willing to wait for the Steam release probably weren't gonna buy it at launch anyways. These are the same people who probably double-dipped on Monster Hunter World / GTA V.
Bullshit. I'm a huge fan of the franchise (over 300 hours in both BL 1, 2, and Pre-Sequel) but I won't stand for EGS' exclusivity business model.

Luckily for me Borderlands 3 releases on Steam at a later date so the devs will get my money then.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit. I'm a huge fan of the franchise (over 300 hours in both BL 1, 2, and Pre-Sequel) but I won't stand for EGS' exclusivity business model.

Luckily for me Borderlands 3 releases on Steam at a later date so the devs will get my money then.
Why is that where you draw the line though? You won't give your money to Epic, but you'll give it to 2K, even though they're the ones that sold out? That could have just as easily not taken the offer.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Getting it on a console at first to play coop with my friends. Unless it is a disappointment I will most likely buy it again on PC but much later. Or at least wait until it hits steam.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Absolutely not. I won't support Epic, will wait for Steam release or go with a PS4 version.

Last edited:

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
I won't get it, at least at release. But not because of EGS, but because I don't really like Borderlands. At first I always have fun but it quickly fades even in coop. Also I don't really like the new cast. Find them really meh :D

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Why is that where you draw the line though? You won't give your money to Epic, but you'll give it to 2K, even though they're the ones that sold out? That could have just as easily not taken the offer.
These lines are imaginary and arbitrary by definiton, therefore everyone's free to set their lines wherever they want without you needing to call them out.

I'm not willing to buy ANYTHING on EGS, ever, but I am willing to buy these games once the exclusivity period ends and the price is acceptable for me to pay for that particular game. For example, I'm a huge Remedy fan and I really, really REALLY want Control. I would have purchased it at launch if it was on Steam, GOG or any acceptable PC storefont. But it's on EGS, so I'll wait for Steam and but it then. I don't need some deep reasoning to justify where I draw my line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, my post really doesn't belong in a thread with people calling Pitchford, Sweeney, and EGS assholes.
You've been an active member of this forum long enough to know that the reasoning behind disliking EGS extends far beyond "I don't wanna use another launcher."

You're either ignorant or you're shitposting.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I was going to buy it on EGS, since we didn't get a review copy. However, with Destiny 2: Shadowkeep coming out in less than a month, I'm going to pass.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Steam release all the way. If anything, it'll mean more content by the time that version comes out and things will be patched :).

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Borderlands 2 and finding it really boring and not my type of game at all, I wouldn't have bought Borderlands 3 if it were released ot Steam, much less on EGS.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
No. Got a lot on my plate across all formats over the next few months, and this didn't make the cut. Happy enough with Destiny right now for a game like this.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
I don't buy anything on EGS, don't even have an account anymore. Will wait for a Humble Bundle with Steam key and make sure to give 0% to Randy Pitchford. Played both Blands1 and 2 long after release with all the DLC, so I'm in no hurry this time either. Oh, I could try the Prequel until then.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hell no i'll wait for the eventual complete edition on steam and even then i'll probably wait for it to be heavily discounted

closer

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Borderlands 2 and finding it really boring and not my type of game at all, I wouldn't have bought Borderlands 3 if it were released ot Steam, much less on EGS.

yeah I think this is where I'm at right now, was waiting to see if reviews claimed some sort of new hook in bl3 but it seems like it's just more of the same, prob won't purchase (for any platform)

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
After reading reviews and that Kotaku article, I think it's a good decision to wait for now.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't think I'll end up playing it all, the egs thing killed the group buy on launch thing for my circle and I doubt it'll make a comeback And they're terrible games solo.

Its a shame after playing the first 3 all though via coop but hey ho.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017

That's an interesting question. From a "voting with your wallet" stance you can't really hurt the publisher here. Not in the short-term at least. They got their 'projected sales for the exclusive period' money from Epic so whether you buy their game from EGS or not doesn't really matter to them.

But then, what kind of message is sent by not buying it later once it comes to other stores/launchers, once it's no longer an exclusive? That they were right to take the money from Epic?

At the very least, abstaining (or boycotting - however harsh a word you want to use) from using EGS makes sense since Epic is the party that does stand to lose out and is the one offering these exclusivity deals.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pick it up eventually, but def not at launch. Price is going to drop fast. I don't care about platform loyalty so I'll go wherever it's cheapest, either EGS or Steam if I wait that long.