• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you going to buy BL 3 on EGS?

• Yes

Votes: 292 27.8%
  • Waiting for Steam release.

Votes: 644 61.3%
  • Getting it on a console.

Votes: 114 10.9%

• Total voters

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
t1n2luvkec4hbby4gtps3ahk8z.jpg

This is such a weird thing. LIke a 1 GB day one patch is some scandalous thing these days, and then half the errors are basically repeated.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Got an EGS key for a slight discount on GMG, get hype?

edit: also no day one 1GB patch because there is no preload lol

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
For sure. I have no beef with EGS. I'll need an online shooter and looking at Breakpoint, boy that won't be it.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about what they have shown on BL3 looks good but BL always looks good in moments, actually sitting down and playing the game can be a dull and drab affair depending on circumstances. Nothing nailed that point home more then when I went back and revisited BL2 recently with the Handsome Jack pack.

I rather wait for more opinions and look to see if they did address some things that I have had issues with, namely the way solo play works in this game compared to previous BLs.

Also, EGS does not allow paypal for some reason and that is the way I buy all my PC digital games. So despite having decent regional pricing(on EGS), the only places I can get BL3 is by going to 3rd party sites like GMG/Humble who have the game at 30% increase cause they naturally don't want to take the hit for selling the game at a discount.

Looking at price history, its funny to see EGS function in the exact opposite way from Steam. EGS takes the biggest cut(it's fair to assume) due to pricing being favorable there but the opposite is the case with Steam where in most cases it ends up being the most expensive place to get a game and you're better off buying it from trusted 3rd party key sellers.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
No. I only use Epic Store for free games and I expect Gears 5 will be patched soon and would rather play that.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I voted the second option but I'm actually waiting way longer down the line to buy it anywhere that lets me not use the Epic Games Launcher/Store. Since I'll have to wait, I'll just wait longer for it to be cheaper with DLC included.

There's 0% chance I'm buying it on the EGS.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Nope.

Won't use EGS again unless it gets really improved in features and security. So given their track record, not before a few years.

So Steam.

Oct 26, 2017
I never planned to buy it on release day, be on Steam or in EGS. Although I wouldn't have issue on buying on on EGS, I would prefer it on Steam but it isn't going to kill me or anything.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'll wait for the Steam release if anything. I have no intention of ever giving the EGS any of my money.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
depends on my friends.
If they decide to get it on egs, i will too. Coop is where its at.
If they wont, which could happen if the reviews arent stellar, then ill probably just wait til its on steam or on sale on xbox.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
not buying a gearbox game

also not interested in bl

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting out on this one. Between not wanting to deal with Epic's shenanigans and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep coming in October (which would completely kick my BL3 playtime to the curb anyway), it's really easy to pass on Borderlands 3 for at least the next six months.

If it had come out on Steam, I may have purchased it just to avoid caving on the PS4 version of Iceborne. Oh well.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
TBH I just feel like there's no way to get an honest poll result here, since if you're really anticipating the game but invested in storefront wars you may feel a poll is an easier outlet to vent than depriving yourself of a game you are eager to play
That goes both ways.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Where's the option to not ever support Randy Pitchford. ...

If I ever buy it, it will not be on EGS.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I play a lot of co-op games with a buddy of mine, also played through Borderlands 2. I'll just wait and see if he wants to play sooner or if later is fine.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yep. Love the series so I honestly don't give a fuck where I buy the game. If it needs to be EGS to play on day one, EGS it will be.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Still no keys provided to GMG for those who preordered. I'm still pretty bummed but hopeful I'll get the preload goodness. Really want to play at launch.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, don't really care that much about Borderlands as a franchise and I have so much to play at the moment I can happily wait until it's on sale on Steam a year or so down the line. I'm also not interested in supporting Epic or their shitty practices so that makes it an even easier choice to skip it.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Not even if you paid me.

Borderlands is trash.
Gearbox and Randy are trash.
EGS is trash.

Enabling these people? Goodness no.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
No im just using epic as a source of free game.
Plus i generally get the editions of borderlands that comes years later, i can wait.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a PC gamer but I preordered this on Xbox specifically so I don't give Epic money.

Milena

Oct 27, 2017
I was never going to buy it, Epic exclusive or not.

They lost me after Aliens Colonial Marines, the USB scandal and Pitchford's syphoning company's money to himself.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Nope. I wouldn't buy it Day 1 regardless but I sure as hell won't pick it up on EGS anytime soon. Besides, Randy makes it really hard to buy this game at all.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Randy is dishonest sleazeball. Third-party exclusivity sucks. The game looks uninspired. So many reasons not to buy the game at all.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I still need to try out the other games eventually to see if I like them. Just bought them yesterday. Might wait until this game is free on EGS though.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely not buying it on EGS. I will probably get it when it comes to Steam if the price is right. Really enjoyed 2 but have no problem waiting this out.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I wasn't really planning on buying it anyway because I think I'm kinda done with BL, but if I was to buy it, I'd have no problem buying it on EGS.

Really, I'm just a sucker for a better deal on games I'm on the fence about. I'd rather wait 2-3 years and pick it up for sub £20 than pay full RRP on a game I'm uncertain about.