• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Basically the title. My Logitech G600 has been fucky, double clicking like crazy and I've tried everything I can to fix it. I've had it for 7 years now. I think it's time to upgrade, sadly. I love my 20 button mouse but these days I swap between playing on my couch + TV and desk. Currently my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Chroma, I don't play anything competitive so I don't care about it being wired and willing to deal with lag but...not too much.

Any recommendations?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have the SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless gaming mouse, and while 24 hours of available battery life isn't quite as long as the competition, it only takes up to 15 minutes to charge it up. In addition, you can also remove the two sides (up to 16g in weights) if you like a really heavy gaming mouse.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
I got the Corsair Harpoon wireless mouse and really enjoy it. It can be wired, 2.4GHz wireless or bluetooth and up to 10,000 DPI. It's pretty cheap and feels well put together. Just a few side buttons but they add some functionality. I know Corsair has some many-buttoned wireless mice too. As for wireless keyboards, I can't vouch for it yet - but I just ordered the Epomaker GK96S - hot-swappable 96% wired/bluetooth. I came close to going with Keychron or a Corsair wireless keyboard but I really like the 96% layout. I know Logitech's offerings in the wireless space are very well regarded if a little pricey. Their new low-profile mechanical wireless keyboard looks very nice fwiw.

OP
OP
Chromie

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Love the G600. It's a shame Logitech haven't really made a newer version of it.

The new G604 is kinda similar though, but has less buttons and is wireless.

www.logitechg.com

Logitech G604 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Shop G604 Lightspeed. Features LIGHTSPEED, Bluetooth connectivity, 15 programmable controls, HERO 25k DPI sensor, durable hyper-fast metal scroll wheel & more

OP
OP
Chromie

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Love the G600. It's a shame Logitech haven't really made a newer version of it.

The new G604 is kinda similar though, but has less buttons and is wireless.

www.logitechg.com

Logitech G604 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Shop G604 Lightspeed. Features LIGHTSPEED, Bluetooth connectivity, 15 programmable controls, HERO 25k DPI sensor, durable hyper-fast metal scroll wheel & more

God damn, I might have to go with this. 6 buttons near my thumb is enough for me.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An alternative to the G604 is the Razer Naga Pro with optical switches. I had a G604 that double clicked in under a month and realized Razer really stepped up their mouse game. You can easily swap between 3 different side plates depending on what you want which is also really cool.

G305 is still best value in mice world.

At $10 cheaper than the G305 on Amazon, I'd argue the Razer Basilisk x Hyperspeed is the best value wireless gaming mouse at the moment.

Last edited:

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've enjoyed my Logitech G613 keyboard, but it's my preference to not have backlit keys.

I tried to pair it with a Wireless G502 and the charging mousepad, but I ended up getting those dreaded Logitech double-clicking issues. I love my old standby wired G502, but it seems like right now for whatever reason Logitech mice are a gamble.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
- G pro superlight is my current mouse for anything non-mmo or that I use controller with. Extremely light, long battery life wireless, top of the line. Cost $150 though.

- Naga pro. I use this on MMOs like WoW. Very good all around with tons of buttons. Wireless too. Can buy a dock to charge it, or just with the cable.

If you can wait and money is no issue? Finalmouse aimgods comes out march 23rd for $189. The specs are insane. Smaller one is under 40g..45ish for the other. Wireless, they say 2 month battery life >_>.. Magnesium metal casing etc. This is the current mouse to beat in specs. Be quick on the 23rd though or you might miss out. They are known for doing 1 drop and that is it.

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
An alternative to the G604 is the Razer Naga Pro with optical switches. I had a G604 that double clicked in under a month and realized Razer really stepped up their mouse game. You can easily swap between 3 different side plates depending on what you want which is also really cool.

At $10 cheaper than the G305 on Amazon, I'd argue the Razer Basilisk x Hyperspeed is the best value wireless gaming mouse at the moment.

The Basilisk is 20 euros more expensive than the G305 in europe :)

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I'd recommend Keychron's wireless keyboards. Very attractive, nice feeling keyboards. Mechanical switches and it doesn't have an epic gamer look.

As for the wireless mice, really anything from Logitech or Razer and you'll be good. Just look for the functions you want.

Last edited:

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
Most double click issues with mice can be fixed by disassembling them, removing the cover on the switch, and spraying the spring with contact cleaner. The spring is sticking when it clicks. There's no need to remove the spring - just protect the surroundings and give the spring a small spray. Manually click it a bunch of times, then replace the cover w/ button and put the mouse back together.

3XZTEmR.jpg

Here's a generic guide for what I'm talking about. https://www.instructables.com/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

Stop at step 7 - do NOT remove the spring as it's most likely unnecessary. Just spray with contact cleaner, let the cleaner fully evaporate, exercise/click the spring a bunch of times, and reassemble. Be careful removing the cover to the switch assembly. Put a small piece of tape over the top such that it holds the white button in place when you remove the cover.

You can also find numerous videos of people doing this on youtube, but again many of them remove and adjust the tension in the spring which is probably not needed.