• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
With buying games exclusively for a vastly inferior storefront, has their policies made you consider getting a console to play games that are EGS exclusive?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
no. i already buy the consoles for the exclusives. egs is some hot garbo, but i've got enough to play to where i can wait for those games to be off the platform

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Games used to come very late (like years late) or not coming at all to PC. The EGS exclusivity wait is nothing compared to those days.

There are more than enough games to play anyway.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, no.

Not unless console starts getting sim/strat/management and hyper-indies locked down exclusively.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
No, I am a cheap bastard who waits for $5, $10, $15, sales..they can buy all the exclusive they want won't effect me..

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
No but constantly tinkering with the settings in Final Fantasy VX to figure out how to not make it regularly plummet to a single digit frame rate is.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, absolutely not. However, it's made me uninstall the Epic launcher and miss out on a lot of games I'd prefer to play at launch.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
No, but I may a few multiplat games on consoles now instead of 100% on PC like before.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Absolutlely not. There are a few games on EGS that are very interesting, but I can wait.
Or, if I can't, I can still use EGS. I may get EGS for Borderlands 3, depending on reviews and, well, how I feel about it at the time. Maybe the store will even have a handful of features at that point?

In any case, not interested in consoles as a PC replacement for games. As an addition, sure (especially the Switch), but you won't see me get games on consoles if I could get them on PC any other way.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Not really? I guess it made Uplay and XPA more appealing but overall the thing it affected the most is that I just buy less games and enjoy the ones I have more.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Why would I get a console when I could continue playing games on PC? A separate launcher is not going to suddenly make me start buying games on other platforms. It's perfectly fine.

People act like EGS is the devil when it's honestly pretty great. Fuckin wild.

The single biggest factor in where I will buy something is if it's Xbox Play Anywhere. If I can play on both my console and PC, I'm always going to pick it up that way.

Nov 8, 2017
No, but it does irritate me. For Metro Exodus it resulted in me using the (kind of bad) Xbox Game Pass PC version that had it's own issues. I could either wait for the Steam release or I could play it for "Free" (already had the sub as part of the conversion deal, so it was effectively free), and so although it's also a relatively poor experience it was at least a zero cost experience.

Most games in general I'm not interested in, so by extension most EGS exclusives I'm also not interested in, it's only a few here or there that I'm (personally) frustrated by the wait on (Control for example). For these games, I will also broadly have the approach that I'm either going to wait for release on other platforms, or play it "Free" on either console or GP PC, depending on what happens sooner. In a few cases even if it's "Free" I may elect to wait for a more desireable release, depending on how much I care.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
LMAO yeah dude exclusive games make me want to go back to a platform with....worse....exclusives

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Switching back to consoles would require me to shell out money for a TV, a TV stand, a PS4 and a PS Plus subscription, so no.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys has exclusivity to only one platform storefront made you consider leaving PC gaming behind to be exclusive to only one platform storefront?

^^This sounded sensible to OP.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Not even close. My PC will still be the place where I game primarily and ECG isn't gonna change that.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, but it made me ignore and then forget some games that I would have purchased if they were on Steam/GoG/etc. Metro comes to mind. Well, it's their loss, as I have 100 other games to play and don't have time for this childish exclusivity powerplay by Epic and game publishers.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
No. I hate the fragmented stores and launchers on PC but they're just minor inconveniences. Plus GoG Universe V2 let's me have most of my games in 1 library. It's not like I have to buy another pc to play games on a different launcher

I wouldn't buy a EGS exclusive though. The way they get exclusives is aggravating.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
God no lol. It's not like it's better there.

As annoyed as I am by EGS things it doesn't really have an effect on me. Outside of maybe the Ubisoft things I think everything has been timed so far, right? I'll just wait for them to appear on Steam as much better and more complete games. There are unlimited great games to play so no timed exclusive is going to tempt me to support what I think is a shitty practice.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
there hasn't been anything egs exclusive that has spurred me to buy anything, but I might hop on borderlands if it turns out to be good and my friends are playing. other than that I have just been enjoying the free games they are giving, played through Limbo and I'm gonna pick up Alan Wake later

turning to console because I don't like what Epic is doing doesn't make any sense to me, unless you think of that one kid who shoved a remote up his ass because his mom deleted his WoW account

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope, contrary to popular belief, the Epic war chest isnt as infinite as many believe otherwise every pc title and every indie title would be on it.Eventually these deals will peter out when they are just not worth it for the publishers and devs.

I came to the pc market place because of the freedom it offers and outside of Epics push it still has it thus i can wait for whatever game i want.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
no of course not

every game on earth tomorrow could be egs exclusive and it would still be more beneficial to play on pc than a console ever would be

the freedom inherent in the platform itself is immeasurable

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so you would go from one 'lacking storefront' to another one just out of spite (and sacrifice performance)?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If Epic ends up getting momentum, possibly. The client doesn't have the features I need and it's too expensive. Right now it's just select titles they're getting, but I can already see how my gaming time on consoles goes up every time something is Epic exclusive, unless it happens to be on PC Game Pass as well (like Operencia). If they got enough momentum and stuck to their mantra of not listening or caring about what customers need, I could see myself leaving PC behind, but it will take many years to reach that point.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
In addition to what I wrote above, my backlog currently includes Evil Within 1+2, Prey, Doom, Hellblade, Dishonored 2 and the standalone DLC, Moonlighter, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the Pillars of Eternity 2 DLCs, MGS:V, Tales of Vesperia, Tales from the Borderlands, and so on.
And I can always put another XX hours into Skyrim, or XXX more hours into Terraria. Or replay gems like Lufia 2 and Lost Kingdoms 2.
Currently playing EDF 5 and not even halfway done with the campaign on normal.
Waiting is easy.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, I have no qualms buying things from a different storefront. I own games on Steam, Origin, Uplay, EGS, and GOG. I hold no ill will towards entertainment content platforms.

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
lol, no OP

PC has so many options and types of available games
i wouldn't be able to run those games on console

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. I have plenty of games to play in my backlog. I dont mind waiting another year to play something. I play nearly all games years after their release anyway.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
EGS has less features than Steam

So i'll move to a platform with no customization, a literal walled garden and paid online for basic features steam (and even EGS) has for free.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
also yeah, judging by how prevelant ppl w/ steam backlogs seem to be, boycotting EGS might be a breath of air for them after drowning in so many deals where the games will never get touched lmao

Deleted member 1607

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not forget that outside of the stuff epic is pulling, MS has delivered with game pass on PC and with their titles coming to Steam it's even better to play on PC.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Lmao no

Waiting a year for the Steam/GOG version > Playing the game on console > Not playing the game > Playing the game on EGS

Oct 25, 2017
As annoying as games getting split across launchers may be, I am not going back to a platform where I have to pay extra to use my internet connection that I already pay my ISP for.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (5 days): Trolling, system warring, history of similar behavior.
I don't think even the biggest Steam zealots would opt for the significant limitations of consoles, both features and performance-wise if something like launching a game off a different executable is the most herculean of requests, lol.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, it makes zero sense to ditch an entire platform over what client runs in the background while gaming.
I'm fine with waiting on games that are EGS exclusive for a while, there's more than enough games to play.

Besides, console exclusives are far worse, aren't they? If console exclusives were like PC clients, you'd be able to play PS4 games on Xbox One if you installed the PSN App. That sounds okay to me.