• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I don't get how you differentiate someone buying a ticket for the whole convention or for just a panel, and how you evidence the refund. If fans had tickets just for panels, getting annoyed at this would make sense but that's not the case here. Their TOS can be criticised but what would the action be? To sell tickets to just panels, maybe. So panels would have to be in a separate location so that ticket holders don't get the whole PAX grounds but just the panel grounds.
For me it's pretty simple - I don't want Colin at my event, I realised to my horror he was approved, I cancel it. If anyone who bought tickets to my event wants a refund because they say that they don't want to come now that Colin isn't there, I would happily refund them to show that they are not needed and my event does not need or want their monetary support.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the announcement he posted on July 12:

I mean........

(The same Patreon announcement includes a comment from a fan saying, "I'm legit shocked that they let you have a panel." It also includes Moriarty responding to a fan's hope that the event doesn't draw protesters with Moriarty adding, "Frankly, I kinda hope we do. LOL." No idea if such a statement might've been read by PAX organizers as an issue on their end; clearly, they're not saying so.)
from this it seems like they kinda were indirectly implying things will be changing, but colin being colin just makes the worse of it with that comment to his fan.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For me it's pretty simple - I don't want Colin at my event, I realised to my horror he was approved, I cancel it. If anyone who bought tickets to my event wants a refund because they say that they don't want to come now that Colin isn't there, I would happily refund them to show that they are not needed and my event does not need or want their monetary support.
Actually, there seems to be an avenue to return your tickets. PAX West partnered with Lyte to handle these situations. Not refund, because that would be a new thing PAX West would have to start doing.

Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
You're buying an event ticket, not a panel ticket. If the event is going ahead there's no grounds for a refund. I haven't been to anything similar that has a different policy, so don't expect special treatment because you're a salty shithead.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
When PAX cancels all panels but one, or at least half of them, without giving refunds, I doubt people will be saying "but TOS!"

These TOS are trash then, if you pay for something and don't receive what you want, you should be able to get your money back before this thing starts.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I forgot Colin was the "racism doesn't exist because Asians" mastermind lmao.
What a galaxy brain.
It's so funny to me that all the right's "no, these are the smart ones" guys are among the dumbest motherfuckers on the internet

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
He's a Nazi and so are his fans. I don't give a rat's ass if he or them lost money on this. Good fucking riddance.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna shed a tear for colin's fans losing a couple hundred bucks or whatever.

But PAX should at least donate a proportional amount to a good cause, otherwise this isn't justifiable at all.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I had some sympathy at first but its depleting as I'm reading these tweets. They made a mess of things by giving him a panel in the first place.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Community Generalization; Prior Infractions for Antagonizing Other Users and a Severe Ban for Bigotry
So much insecurity in this thread. Yikes.

Gives me the sense that the person at PAX responsible for cancelling his panel was also some sad Era lurker abusing his power.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not republican but basically saying if your republican you can't be at a video game show is strange.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
congrats to the OP for signal boosting his grift, which right now is whining about being censored to increase his patreon revenue.
good job!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

Gives me the sense that the person at PAX responsible for cancelling his panel was also some sad Era lurker abusing his power.
Colin is the type of person who namesearches himself on Twitter so he can find people talking about him, quote tweet them, and send his fans off to harass anyone badmouthing him in a public space. On top of that, he's a racist bastard who has repeatedly preached fascist ideology.

There's no insecurity here. Just common sense. Moriarity is a Nazi, and he deserves this humiliation and more.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not republican but basically saying if your republican you can't be at a video game show is strange.
"I'm not a racist but" is the *literal* start to your post.

No issues from me. PAX is a private event that many LGBT, minorities, and marginalized groups attend. Not having that show feature someone who deliberately goes out of their way to attack these groups is motherfucking fine with me.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
When PAX cancels all panels but one, or at least half of them, without giving refunds, I doubt people will be saying "but TOS!"

These TOS are trash then, if you pay for something and don't receive what you want, you should be able to get your money back before this thing starts.
When you have to invent impossibly hypothetical situations to make a compelling argument, it's probably not much of an argument.

Colin is abusing his power by radicalizing people who enjoy games with his blatant xenophobia, transphobia and misogyny. But okay yeah a person who doesn't want to support that is also abusing their power, sure.

A nazi? Some of you are off the deep end.
Imagine being more offended at someone being called a Nazi than the fact that the guy is a Nazi.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Are there tickets for specific panels, or do people buy passes to attend the show as a whole for a day?

If the ticket is for a specific panel, they should probably refund, regardless of my feelings about this dude and his fans.

If it's the latter, I can understand why PAX wouldn't refund anyone. The ticket is for PAX, not one panel. If my favourite band pulls out of a music festival, I don't get my whole ticket refunded.

It's the latter. Passes are for the entire convention.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
When you have to invent impossibly hypothetical situations to make a compelling argument, it's probably not much of an argument.
They can basically announce whatever they want, lure people into buying tickets and then cancel whatever they made up, because that's how TOS are written. Why defend this even if this is about Moriarty?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's because when he sticks to video games he's infinitely more interesting.

It's more to do with a spike since this happened, a lot of the people that supported him initially when he had some "screw you" juice towards KF people could latch onto have come back, now he has that juice again. I imagine it will drop back off down to regular levels once it calms down again.

VGiW6F9.png

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Ask any person living in the Netherlands and they would laugh at you if you only suggest the idea that this certain journalist is a "Nazi". He's basically the Dutch Greg Miller
That's not a satisfactory answer. You said "respected journalists" who are "left-leaning" are huge fans of him. Who are these respected, left-leaning journalists, any why are they such huge fans of a Nazi?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We usually do not allow discussions on Colin Moriarty and the way this thread is going illustrates why.

Status
Not open for further replies.