• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Hey all! I'll be at pax east at the Tripwire booth. Both chivalry 2 and maneater will be at the show (both playable).

stop by and say hi :)
I'm working in the expo hall. Will stop by in a bit.

As for me, I will be around Sanshee, PM Studios, Cougar, Schitt Audio, IRacing and AK Racing. I'm wearing black framed glasses, a lanyard decked with pins, neon orange shoes, and a grey fanny pack that says Hug Someone. Come ask me questions or ask for maps/lanyards.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What are Bethesda showing at their "offsite event"?

edit. I checked out their website it appears to just be FO76/ESO/Doom Eternal.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Are we expecting any gameplay demos or big reveals? I kinda stopped paying attention when every other developer was dropping out so I dont know who or what's gonna be there

OP
OP

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh dang, I didn't even see the adult swim party go up, I definitely would have gone to that.

Maaaaan....
Word is that more tickets will be released tonight.

Are we expecting any gameplay demos or big reveals? I kinda stopped paying attention when every other developer was dropping out so I dont know who or what's gonna be there
Unless Gearbox has a surprise, Baldurs Gate 3 was always the big one.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
FF7 remake demo was good. I enjoyed playing it. Animal Crossing was good but I had no idea what I was doing.

Indie game that got on my radar was Garden Story. that was pretty fun.

Any good videos of all the best booths?

I don't have a video but I think one was on Twitter. Nintendo's booth has a huge photo zone just for Animal Crossing that's pretty neat. Harmonix's booth is also really nice.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
After 9 years of going to show and never having done it before, this year I tried using ear plugs (like these) in the expo hall floor to help with feeling overwhelmed by the general din of all the background noise. It helped a ton, and my ears didn't feel dead once I got home.

Also does anyone know how long it took Warp Pipe reservations to fill up for today? I completely blanked one it Tuesday and by the time I remembered right before midnight they were already filled.

Any good videos of all the best booths?

Best booth so far of the show in my book was the little booth by EQ Studios to promote their new murder mystery exploration (don't call it a walking simulator) game Scene Investigators. They had 4 laptops running a demo, but half of their booth was a live and fairly accurate recreation of the murder scene in the demo. So if you wanted to do a live version you could sign up for a time slot later in the day and they were giving people 25 minutes to see if they could find enough clues to answer 5 questions. Really impressed with their simple yet novel approach which made the booth stick out in my mind.

Last edited:

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
The hardest part of the AC line is actually getting in there whenever the line gets uncapped. Since there's like 20 demo stations and three players per station the line moves pretty fast. I know I saw a few people standing by the wall waiting for the line to be uncapped. Once you're in line the wait is about an hour

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
After 9 years of going to show and never having done it before, this year I tried using ear plugs (like these) in the expo hall floor to help with feeling overwhelmed by the general din of all the background noise. It helped a ton, and my ears didn't feel dead once I got home.

I wear headphones on the show floor that are usually off and it helps a ton.

Word is that more tickets will be released tonight.

87669279_151612692564944_726519376253026304_n.jpg

In there like swimwear baybee!!!!

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
Is the Platinum panel still happening today at 2? It isn't on the program or the app (unless I missed it) but it's still on the schedule on the website.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! A couple of my friends had to bail and I have two Saturday passes if anyone is looking! Message me! Hope this is allowed on era! 😬

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Currently still in line at the Nintendo booth. I don't recommend waiting in line until near 12:00, as I'm starting to see a few people leaving the line for brunch/lunch.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
After missing last year for the first time since I ever started going, this was a triumphant return and damn good for me too.

By "everything" do you mean the last minute pull-outs by Sony, etc?

Yeah, the pullouts and the dramatic lack of meet and greets.

Dare I say, when it comes to how the show was actually ran, this might have been the tightest run ship it's ever been. Lines were short, directions were clear, people weren't left in blistering cold...it was a really solid show.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, the pullouts and the dramatic lack of meet and greets.

Dare I say, when it comes to how the show was actually ran, this might have been the tightest run ship it's ever been. Lines were short, directions were clear, people weren't left in blistering cold...it was a really solid show.

Agreed! I showed up with a suitcase (had a flight to catch right after) this morning around half past nine and somehow still made it in in under 10 minutes. Plus the pullouts just led to a much more breathable showfloor, and anecdotally I had lots of interactions with kind folks.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
DayZ party went on well into midnight. I ended up having about 8 drinks, no hangover. Out of every Saturday I've ever done at an East, this was the easiest one I've done from a work POV. Last day should bring some fun.

Come see me if ya haven't Boston yetis. I'll be around Cougar, Sanshee, AK Racing vicinity. I love the hell of PAX and wouldn't miss it for anything so 0 regrets.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Last day of the show and I have about an hour of free time between press appointments.

Any really notable titles I should check out before the show wraps up? Bonus points for cool swag.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Great experience this year. Largely thanks to Platinum showing up. PAX probably doesn't want to hear this but Sony not being there freed up a lot of space which made moving around more comfortable lol

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Great experience this year. Largely thanks to Platinum showing up. PAX probably doesn't want to hear this but Sony not being there freed up a lot of space which made moving around more comfortable lol

After last year I'd argue the lack of Facebook and a huge Twitch booth is a bigger impact than Sony.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Tower of babel was my game of the show. So simple but a group of 4 of us turned a 5 min game into a 30+ min battle to decide a winner. Developers were laughing and thanking us for drawing a crowd.

Star renegade and rising hell were also great games.