• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, the leaked date was correct so the room I booked for cheap months ago is for the right days.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hotels are asking for a code? Do you get one when you buy your tickets or something? I always managed to get fucked getting a hotel every single year.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hotels are asking for a code? Do you get one when you buy your tickets or something? I always managed to get fucked getting a hotel every single year.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my order in, was watching the twitter page like a hawk today. WOOOO

Will be there Thurs/Fri again.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
There's a dropdown, under "Please select your guest type", on the hotel page you have to select to progress.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Well, this will be the first year I skip. Getting too expensive now that the entire family ends up going. That's $500+ for tickets alone ;(

Also, I've been in this queue for a hotel for 40 minutes now. Even though it says I'm number one. I'm sure all the rooms are gone, or at least the good ones are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Of course work gets busy when the tickets go on sale.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna hold off until PAX West tickets come up later.

There's a set of other conventions I want to go to next year.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I picked such an awesome time to reboot my phone for a system update. Didn't log back in afterwards and missed the twitter notification.
fuck.

Assuming it's probably too late now lol

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked such an awesome time to reboot my phone for a system update. Didn't log back in afterwards and missed the twitter notification.
fuck.

Assuming it's probably too late now lol
Not necessarily. If it was 3 day badges I'd say you're fucked, but I've been lucky with all singles this year and last.

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Hotel queue is broken crap.

I'll wait for cancellations I guess.

Edit: Wait, my number is finally decreasing.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah i'm going to pass. No entire event pass anymore? I haven't went in 5 years or so. Is it larger year after year? That was my main gripe as it got too to big to be fun imo.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to schedule this so I could go to at least one day and my wife can go research for her thesis, but alas we don't know what her school schedule looks like for next spring yet. Plus, we would have a place to stay at her parents in Weymouth.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Skipping next year, have fun everyone that are going :)

Anyone stayed at Omni Parker House before?

The Omni is good although rooms are on the smaller side. Location is nice since it's on a better populated area of the city and the year I stayed it was the starting hotel on its bus route, so you won't see it go by full from pick ups from a previous hotel.

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
I did a couple of years ago, it's a pretty good hotel. The lobby looks really nice.

Skipping next year, have fun everyone that are going :)

The Omni is good although rooms are on the smaller side. Location is nice since it's on a better populated area of the city and the year I stayed it was the starting hotel on its bus route, so you won't see it go by full from pick ups from a previous hotel.

Cool, that was the only hotel within a decent walking distance that wasn't like $6000/Night. Man Boston hotels are Seattle and San Fran priced.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
stumbled on a retweet completely randomly, clicked on the link and got 2 tickets for Saturday.
Will be my first PAX, always wanted to go. I am pretty excited!

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I got Thurs-Sat. Tried for a room at the Westin but the queue was all messed up and by the time I got in the Westin wasn't even an option. I'll be driving in each day as usual :/

Maybe I'll get a Sunday ticket too, hmm..