• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
can literally be chauffeured everywhere with her 300 million or whatever she has

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Rich folk are dumb as fuck. I haven't even been tempted to drive under the influence since the inception of ride share and I'm not remotely rich.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can't wait for the right to try and use this as ammunition to say that one of "our guys" did something heinous. Yeah, fuck this rich asshole and everyone else who drives under the influence. Fuck 'em all.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Can't wait for the right to try and use this as ammunition to say that one of "our guys" did something heinous. Yeah, fuck this rich asshole and everyone else who drives under the influence. Fuck 'em all.
"See?! The radical left have no regard for safety or the law! We need MORE police funding NOW, and non-lenient prison sentences. We gotta stomp out crime to take back our country!"

Meanwhile they ignore every single instance of law(s)-breaking that comes from a person that's affiliated with the right.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
I just never get it when rich people get DUIs. Not saying it's okay in any context, but seriously, you have plenty of money for at least an Uber and probably a full on limo, if you really wanted.

And yeah, the right will totally jump on this, as if Nancy Pelosi herself (and any Democrat they can associate with her) personally did it.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Where was Secret Service? How does he even have the opportunity to drive himself somewhere without supervision?

Idiot.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just never get it when rich people get DUIs. Not saying it's okay in any context, but seriously, you have plenty of money for at least an Uber and probably a full on limo, if you really wanted.

And yeah, the right will totally jump on this, as if Nancy Pelosi herself (and any Democrat they can associate with her) personally did it.
you don't know why people like to drive in a beautiful part of the country?

he probably thought he was okay. Obviously not excusing it, but people tend to not think they're impaired when they get DUIs and a lot of people value their freedom over being chauffeured

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I have to assume the excuse as to why he didn't use a driver is something like "rich people don't become rich people by wasting money on Uber" since that would be in line with the asinine "avocado toast is why youths can't buy houses" thinking

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Driving drunk at this point should be the a huge fine and punishment in this day and age. With Uber and other services there's no excuse anymore.

Jun 17, 2019
"Why did he not call an uber?"

What 82 year old knows how to use that service? Hell how many impaired younger people know how to call an uber when they are drunk?

"Where's his driver?"

I don't think senator's spouses get drivers and the like. Not sure about the secret service, but from what I understand there is no rules regarding the spouses or children of the senators or Reps in regard to driving themselves. Very different for the first family though.

Did he do wrong by driving drunk? Yes. Should we blame him for not knowing how to use Uber? No. Should he have gotten a taxi, YeS!!!

Jun 17, 2019
He could lose his license which would probably be good for everyone

Likely yes, this will be the outcome. I don't know about California, but in Illinois I believe over 80 you have to have a yearly or every two years test to see if you're okay with driving. I mean Prince Philip, if I remember correctly, plowed into people even when he wasn't drinking.

Positive is that no one was hurt by this.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
But the House isn't the problem!
This is kind of the wrong thread for this kind of debate but the Dems have a leadership and messaging problem that extends to the House. Can we agree that in light of the current state of the country going out there endorsing anti-choice/NRA endorsed Dems and saying the USA needs a strong GOP is not what the average Dem voter wants to hear from their Speaker right now? I have a ton of respect for what she accomplished during the totality of her career both as a rep and speaker but she's not the leader we need right now. She seems stuck in another era, an era when we weren't all in extreme danger.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This is kind of the wrong thread for this kind of debate but the Dems have a leadership and messaging problem that extends to the House. Can we agree that in light of the current state of the country going out there endorsing anti-choice/NRA endorsed Dems and saying the USA needs a strong GOP is not what the average Dem voter wants to hear from their Speaker right now? I have a ton of respect for what she accomplished during the totality of her career both as a rep and speaker but she's not the leader we need right now. She seems stuck in another era, an era when we weren't all in extreme danger.
Do you have any data to back that up? I doubt the average Democratic voter feels particularly strong on the endorsement of one House member, and I think most Dems probably do support "bipartisanship."

It's not a great look for Nancy, that's for sure.
…how?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Do you have any data to back that up? I doubt the average Democratic voter feels particularly strong on the endorsement of one House member, and I think most Dems probably do support "bipartisanship."
We have polling data that shows the public split 46%/46% of voting intention (well... at least that last poll I saw) but yet an overwhelming percentage said they felt the country was heading in the wrong direction. Since a large percentage of Dems would have to be included in that number I would guess that a lot of Dems aren't thrilled with the current leadership of the country.

I don't want to make this seem like I'm piling on Pelosi, Schumer also needs to go and I'm praying that Biden bows out in 2024 although I know that's unlikely.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I'm predicting that this won't matter one way or the other politically. Republicans have been trying and failing to make Hunter Biden a thing for the past two years. If that hasn't gotten off the ground, this won't.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The Pelosi family is loaded right? What was this clown thinking. Hire a driver, get an Uber or take a cab.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
We have polling data that shows the public split 46%/46% of voting intention (well... at least that last poll I saw) but yet an overwhelming percentage said they felt the country was heading in the wrong direction. Since a large percentage of Dems would have to be included in that number I would guess that a lot of Dems aren't thrilled with the current leadership of the country.

I don't want to make this seem like I'm piling on Pelosi, Schumer also needs to go and I'm praying that Biden bows out in 2024 although I know that's unlikely.
I mean, that's not what you said. You said:

Can we agree that in light of the current state of the country going out there endorsing anti-choice/NRA endorsed Dems and saying the USA needs a strong GOP is not what the average Dem voter wants to hear from their Speaker right now?
And no, I don't think we can agree with that without any data to back it up. I would like it to be the case, but I don't think we have any reason to think it is.

It's a Pelosi and it's a DUI. How is this difficult?

The optics of what the partner of a super famous politician does always affect said politician. God knows Nancy already has enough bad faith with the public.
It's not going to hurt her in her district, and relatives getting DUIs (or even candidates themselves) doesn't really have a meaningful track record of hurting an entire party.

It's would also, obviously, be completely unjust.