• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much bullshit is this?

• All the bullshit

Votes: 420 23.7%
  • Total bullshit

Votes: 91 5.1%
  • Complete and utter bullshit

Votes: 417 23.5%
  • Thor 2 the dark world

Votes: 845 47.7%

• Total voters

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
His brain's not mush. He knows what he's doing.

But he wouldn't have said all those bizarre pre-trial remarks if he didn't believe them. He actually thinks he's right. The talk news narrative is convincing to him and to his brain so he doesn't hide it, he just up and says these things.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm saying it here if trump gets another supreme court pick this is going to be the judge he picks

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna have hope and say that by giving him such a relatively light sentence, that they encourage others involved who are basically caught to give up the goods much more easily.

But we know why it's really so light...

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

9j4vNJE.jpg

The restitution ($360) was paid prior to sentencing. The "costs" include fines, court costs, appeal fee, etc.

Keep in mind that I did not steal a thing. I simply sold the stolen item.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I'm saying it here if trump gets another supreme court pick this is going to be the judge he picks

Fine by me- he's 78 years old.

There it is. The ramifications of this egregious sentence will be felt far outside of Manafort's fate. This is a huge win for Trump's camp and a blow against the Special Counsel's investigation. We'll have to listen to this shit for months.

4 years could turn into 14 very easily next week. Let's let the process play out a few more days before we go too crazy.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So seems this judge was a Trumper after all. How disappointing. Abusing his judicial seat to give Manafort reprieve on Trump's behalf is absolutely gross. I hope the next sentencing goes better, and Manafort receives the appropriate amount of prison time.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Eric Tucker@etuckerAP

The Mueller team has filed in DC the entire transcript of last week's sentencing hearing for Paul Manafort in the Eastern District of Virginia. They call it a "recent development" that is "pertinent to this Court's upcoming sentencing decision."

9:37 AM - Mar 11, 2019

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman

Mueller's office filed a status report in Paul Manafort's DC case formally alerting the judge about his Virginia sentence (see: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/paul-manafort-prison-sentence-virginia-mueller-probe …). They've attached the full transcript, if you're curious: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5765059-3-11-19-Manafort-Status-Report.html … Manafort's DC sentencing is set for Wednesday

9:44 AM - Mar 11, 2019

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
9j4vNJE.jpg

The restitution ($360) was paid prior to sentencing. The "costs" include fines, court costs, appeal fee, etc.

Keep in mind that I did not steal a thing. I simply sold the stolen item.

Absolutely Un-fucking-real.

I guess the US justice system deals with white collar crimes like a parabola (an upside down "U") with magnitude of the crime committed on the X-axis and the severity of the punishment in the Y-axis

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Manafort doesn't even have a doctor's note for his gout, the judge noted. This hearing almost can't go worse for him unless the judge sentences him to a million years as opposed to 10.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

BREAKING: Paul Manafort has been sentenced to:
Count 1: 60 months, with 30 months concurrent with EDVA sentence
Count 2: 13 months, to run consecutive to count 1 and the EDVA sentence

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
60 months on count 1, 30 months concurrently. 13 months for count 2, consecutively. He keeps getting away with it - considering how incandescent the wind-up was, this is a slight disappointment? I preferred the million years.