• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
So glad Brady left and exposed him as a totally overrated coach.

Bill can keep sending those love letters to Trump if he wishes.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Because they're a trash fucking organization.

Those who are willing to twist themselves in pretzels trying to defend the actions of some of its employees however, well, it tells us what we need to know about you.

All organizations are trash. Unlike Baltimore, the Patriots cut their player when he was involved in a murder. How many teams sent their planes to Haiti to deliver relief? Why haven't the Texans cut Deshaun? Why was Miami trying to trade for him? Why does Tampa still have Antonio Brown on their team? Why do the Steelers support sexual assault by employing Ben?

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Used Banned (1 Week): Hostility to another member
Because they're a trash fucking organization.

Those who are willing to twist themselves in pretzels trying to defend the actions of some of its employees however, well, it tells us what we need to know about you.

Don't you ever get tired of attacking people and putting words in people's mouths on this board? I know I do and you do this to a lot of people on here.

You say some of the most stupidest things on this board.

Either have something intelligent to say for once or think before you post.

Or...just try not being so boring and predictable with your shit posting. It's pretty pathetic at this point.

Last edited:

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
He is correct. Vacc or not if he got Covid he would not be able to play. This is just him dancing around the release by giving nothing away. It was also a politically smart statement as it keeps the NFLPA off his back.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Belichick, but I understand his point there. Vaccines are insanely useful and important, but they're not going to kill the virus occurring. They'll just help us get to a place where we don't need the measures.

pollo

Oct 25, 2017
i mean i think you guys are misconstruing what he's saying here. He's saying that even when vaccinated there are still people catching this virus so more precautions must be taken.

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
Isn't he implying that more precautions should be taken and we can't rely on vaccinations alone?

Oct 27, 2017
All organizations are trash. Unlike Baltimore, the Patriots cut their player when he was involved in a murder. How many teams sent their planes to Haiti to deliver relief? Why haven't the Texans cut Deshaun? Why was Miami trying to trade for him? Why does Tampa still have Antonio Brown on their team? Why do the Steelers support sexual assault by employing Ben?

I wouldn't extend that generalization to every single organization as there are some that do buck the trend but yes, they're certainly the rare exceptions to the rule.

The NFL, like most nepotistic professional sports leagues, insist on trying to rehabilitate and coddle its athletes and staff that have problematic histories and commit crimes instead of holding them accountable and the Patriots aren't unique in deserving to be called out for certain practices they engage in or people they employ considering it's, for all intents and purposes, a mandate from the top down. My own team employs numerous people that fit the description. And yes, there are certainly people that do great work in their communities and engage in charitable endeavors with-in them that should be recognized.

Not sure why Bill feels the need to feed into any narrative here with vaccinations considering he knows exactly how these comments are going to be construed by a certain faction of the fanbase though. He's smart enough to know how they'll be interpreted.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
He actually said this in defense of Cam because everyone wanted to know if he was released because he was unvaccinated. So Bill tried to deflect and protect Cam's future chances with another team by pointing out players and staff are still getting infected.

I think it's the wrong message he should be giving, but at least he was trying to do right by Cam. Cam should have done right by Cam though and got vaccinated.

It's reported that BB is actually a stickler for vaccinations because it could affect player availability and also spread the virus throughout the team.

Dec 12, 2017
The dude clearly isn't saying that vaccines don't work or they don't help.

Right here on this very website we had people saying that they are going to continue wearing masks even after they were vaccinated. Did the forum collectively turn on these people and say they were antivax because of it? This is "look at her eating crackers" territory folks.
In the context of cutting Cam, who missed time due to being unvaccinated, it's just a bad look. He's trying to deflect so he doesn't end up getting investigated.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he did cut Cam for being unvaccinated he won't say so after the NFLPA opened an investigation based on Urban's comments.

That said, stop putting these people on a pedestal even if they are all time greats in their profession.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Looking at the entire interview really helps with this, tbh.

Barius

Jan 2, 2019
New Jersey
In the context of cutting Cam, who missed time due to being unvaccinated, it's just a bad look. He's trying to deflect so he doesn't end up getting investigated.

According to Mike Lombardi, the time Cam missed was because he got a negative test from a place that wasn't league/team approved. Not defending Cam or Bill here, just wanted to clear that up. Adding a link to the interveiw below

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
WTF

How is this an argument AGAINST Vaccination? That it isn't 100% so its not worth it?

FUCK THESE MORONS

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Couldn't they have simply looked at Cam's horrendous season last year and the terrible Patriots offense when he was on the field instead to come to the conclusion of why he was released? 🤫
Not if they didn't know they had a better QB lined up. Mac Jones was a surprise and Cam actually messed up with his Covid shit. Letting BB see more of Mac was a mistake. But by all accounts, Cam was a great (better than first expected) leader and teammate, so BB liked him. He was never going to be the long term answer as Pats QB though.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Couldn't they have simply looked at Cam's horrendous season last year and the terrible Patriots offense when he was on the field instead to come to the conclusion of why he was released? 🤫
While I believe COVID was the deciding factor for Cam, he was playing quite well in the preseason for the reps he got.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me you don't understand how vaccines work without telling me you don't understand how vaccines work.

May 14, 2021
Watched in context, it's not bad at all. What he's basically saying is Cam got cut because he sucks, not because he was a risk of getting covid. All he actually said was anyone can be a covid risk, because people who wear masks and get vaccinated get covid too. So potentially every player and coach is at risk. And he's right, since that's essentially what happened to me.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Watched in context, it's not bad at all. What he's basically saying is Cam got cut because he sucks, not because he was a risk of getting covid. All he actually said was anyone can be a covid risk, because people who wear masks and get vaccinated get covid too. So potentially every player and coach is at risk. And he's right, since that's essentially what happened to me.
Ok, I came looking to see if there was ever any clarification for this.

Still...as an unvaccinated person, you are more likely to have worse symptoms vs someone vaccinated, if you get any symptoms at all. I dont think that should be overlooked.

Yes, the vaccine is not 100% gonna stop you from getting Covid, but it will make things alot easier for you vs being unvaccinated.

This is the bare minimum, one could almost compare it to drug use rules for playing sports.

Let me ask this: do players get to decide if they wanna wear any equipment or not? If they do...would you want a player that didnt wanna wear a helmet?

Yup. Like ppl said...for a sport that has safety equipment, finally implemented or beefed up concussion protocols...you would think applying that logic to vaccines would be easy.

Apparently not.

As a side note...Bruce Arians said the entire Bucs team and staff are vaccinated. Along with the Falcons as the only teams so far that are.

sports.yahoo.com

Bruce Arians says Buccaneers are 100% vaccinated, joining Falcons as only teams so far

The reigning Super Bowl champions are in a hotspot for the coronavirus, which Bruce Arians has noted previously.

🤷‍♂️

"Player who are vaccinated are less likely to contract the coronavirus and less likely to be hospitalized if they do contract it'

How is this so hard for some ppl to understand?

May 14, 2021
www.espn.com

Belichick clarifies: Vaccines alone won't fix issues

In clarifying his previous remarks on vaccinations, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says vaccines alone won't solve all problems, noting that fully vaccinated individuals have also tested positive for COVID-19.

On Monday morning, before he was asked questions by reporters, Belichick broached the topic again in saying he wanted to clarify his prior answer.

"No player has been released or kept because of their vaccination status. That's not part of the equation. My comment relative to vaccinations, really, the way I feel, that's an individual decision for each person to make," he said.

"As a team, we're better off if everybody is vaccinated. That being said, even if everybody was vaccinated, that doesn't solve all of our problems, as we've seen multiple players, and head coaches and assistant coaches throughout the league test positive for COVID even after they have been vaccinated.

"So it's still incumbent upon us to be vigilant in our daily hygiene and decision-making, for the health and safety of each of us individually and our team. We'll continue all the league protocols, as we always do. But that's not a factor in any player's release or non-release on the team."

The issue was initially raised to Belichick because Newton had been away from the Patriots for five days in late August due to what the team called a COVID-19 protocol "misunderstanding." Newton missed three practices over that stretch, which allowed rookie Mac Jones to take control of the team.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over this quote? It is true, even if you're vaccinated you can still get Covid and miss games, so be smart and wear masks and don't party if up at a bar etc.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Thats a much better clarification and is a lot better than what it seemed like before

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over this quote? It is true, even if you're vaccinated you can still get Covid and miss games, so be smart and wear masks and don't party if up at a bar etc.

Because it sounded a lot like that ambiguous bullshit that many people say about the vaccinations that tends to be rooted in "vaccines aren't really helping" stuff.

And its clear that it wasn't just a few people that thought it had that feel either, considering he literally had to clarify it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
1. It's the Patriots
2. The thread title is framed in a way to make it seem like he's saying anti-vax rhetoric and most people won't bother to read/listen to the full quote to understand the point that he's making

Feb 9, 2018
"People that wear seat belts and obey traffic laws still die in traffic crashes, therefore I will not wear a seat belt and will drive like a maniac."