• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
just let me see Bluepoint's game already. As of right now, Playstation is the only company we have no idea what they're doing. A next gen console? Check. Expected specs? Check. Other than Horizon 2, Spiderman 2 and GOW 5, we know nothing. And even the last one is doubtful due to Cory's weird tweets
You're not sure if they're making a God of War sequel? lol

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
You're not sure if they're making a God of War sequel? lol

Impossible that they aren't, I take Cory's tweets and prior comments to mean he's working on a new IP and potentially leaving GOW2 to someone else as he takes on a lesser role on that one, but GOW2 will happen for sure, it's impossible it won't.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It feels very strange to me that PS3's lifespan seemed very long which people complained about(and I personally thought it was fine) but Ps4's seems much shorter...and it seems like they're both going to be 7 years(minus the revisions). Crazy!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
Yup.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It feels very strange to me that PS3's lifespan seemed very long which people complained about(and I personally thought it was fine) but Ps4's seems much shorter...and it seems like they're both going to be 7 years(minus the revisions). Crazy!

I completely agree, and to make things weirder, the PS4 came out relatively underpowered as opposed to PS3. I guess it might be the fact that the 360 came out a year earlier that made the gen feel extra long.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's not Sony's fault that everyone and their mothers are supposedly insiders.
The fact is...hype is increasing by the day, and they aren't talking about anything, promoting anything, spending money in anything LOL.

Sony knows what they are doing.

God like marketing.

People are dying for information and all Sony have done this year is drop a logo.

Brilliant.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hopefully we come out of their event with definitive answers on looks and power of the box and controller. Hopefully we also see some of the UI of course a a few games. They need to step up their communication with their fans.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
God like marketing.

People are dying for information and all Sony have done this year is drop a logo.

Brilliant.

A logo that hasn't changed for the brand in 11 years. Gets 5.3M likes on Instagram, hundreds of articles online over nothing.

They just need to do some type of conference in February (talk about games, studio acquisitions, console specs and feats) and then a week after E3 (show the console, price, more games and feats from PS5's hardware) and honestly...that's it.
They don't need a huge hype machine, they just need games, which they do. Not only are they acquiring studios, they are also expanding their already existing ones and we barely know what they have been doing for about 2 years.

People thinking Sony have been quiet and also have nothing to show are delusional. This year they are coming with a bang.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
A logo that hasn't changed for the brand in 11 years. Gets 5.3M likes on Instagram, hundreds of articles online over nothing.

They just need to do some type of conference in February (talk about games, studio acquisitions, console specs and feats) and then a week after E3 (show the console, price, more games and feats from PS5's hardware) and honestly...that's it.
They don't need a huge hype machine, they just need games, which they do. Not only are they acquiring studios, they are also expanding their already existing ones and we barely know what they have been doing for about 2 years.

People thinking Sony have been quiet and also have nothing to show are delusional. This year they are coming with a bang.

That's a hype machine. Sony is popular....i think the last two decades has given us ample evidence. It's all ok.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

I take it this is all assumption because I haven't heard any news about them buying up more studios. Unless I've missed some megaton news?!

I agree that there will be two big press events, with one hopefully being in February and the next in the summer, but they'll need more marketing than that in Q4. Not everyone reads gaming sites and gaming news, so I'd expect a huge marketing push on TV, online, press etc etc in the run up to launch.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
UEFA Champions League returns on February 18 (with fixtures also on February 19, 25 and 26).

Having a reveal event on one of those nights and promoting it during the matches would make a ton of sense.

I don't know anything about Sony's reveal strategy but I can guarantee you that they are not going to promote a PS5 reveal event during the Champions League matches. Zero percent chance for something like that happening.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Here is what Klepek says word-for-word

"Probably next month will be both the---presumably the Xbox and PlayStation events will not be too far behind one another, that would be my guess. So that'll probably both happen next month. I haven't heard much about what Microsoft's doing, so maybe they'll be quiet until E3. But a lot of Sony stuff next month for sure."
Damn hype if both them are close to each other.

pcdC8Br.gif

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The person that leaked the AC footage said the 12th or dev didn't they?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody noticed how Sony market cap is the highest in the last 5 years right now? It is currently at 87.99 bi.

Could it be PS5 reveal antecipation? Or is it because their movies are doing well?

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Let's see that new Ape Escape launch game baby!

Would be cool if Bluepoint stepped on stage and didn't reveal what they're working on, if only to mess with ERA. "We would love to share what we're working on. Our SOULs wants to burst like a DEMON and reveal this bad boy. But trust me it's SOLID, let's just say it grinds our METAL GEAR. The LEGENDS say..."

Would be hype to close with a next gen Aloy reveal.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody noticed how Sony market cap is the highest in the last 5 years right now? It is currently at 87.99 bi.

Could it be PS5 reveal antecipation? Or is it because their movies are doing well?
Rumors of PS5 exclusive Morbius tie-in by Insomniac has the market on fire.