• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Chapter 2 content (not completed):

I've heard Harrim's quest (visit the dwarven ruins) has a time limit and I have no idea how long I've had it, so I'm trying to prioritize it. Jubilost evidently also has a quest there, so even though I don't particularly find him useful I'm swapping him in for Linzi also.

It's weird to me how this section opens up so quickly - you visit the wizard guy and find Ekun and then you have information about all the different troll-affiliated areas (including dwarven ruins, which presumably is the end of the chapter?) it's a pretty big contrast to Staglord where there are so many prerequisites to getting to the end.

My current party is Valerie, Monk Merc, Harrim, Sorc MC, Ekun + Jubilost. I wish this game kept some kind of statistics on damage dealt / enemies killed by character, since I suspect overall the monk and Ekun are carrying everyone else, while it's rare for Valerie to do much beyond provide flanking. Harrim seems useful only as a buffer/post-combat healer (maybe I'll give him a reach weapon to safely flank), my Sorc MC provides good burstiness (and keeps people enlarged/mage-armored, using acid splash to finish trolls), and I'm not quite sure how to use Jubilost. At least Jubilost is good for skill checks.

I think Ekun is my favorite character so far, but I'm a sucker for a simple and compelling motivation. We'll see how he does now that his main reason for joining up is resolved.
most quest like that have a time limit but it's hella long. no "real" consequence of them except for 2 of them
nok nok, the undead orc guy and the entire final thing in the game

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So how am I supposed to get through season of bloom? Im in the "first world" and after killing a billion fucking bears, the game forces you to split your party into two and survive I am guessing a couple of battles. How? Seriously how? How the fuck is this possible without a suoer finely tuned party or at easy diff? I think I am one rest away from kingdom failure, because ofcourse that shit has to continue in the backround while you cannot interact with that stupid system.

And on top of that the devs thought that the event needed invisible, teleporting wolves. Oh and teleporting spiders because why not. In a game like this, trying to aggro randomly teleporting hyper fast spiders is obviously the way to go.

Man this game soured so fast on me.. First two chapters felt perfectly balanced. Suddenly the game takes every rezz away from without any warning and pushes you through these absurdly difficult scenarios. On top of that thd game has this shitty kingdom system which you cannot do anything about if you happen to enter this 4 hour dungeon. Im pretty sure I cannot leave the other world to fix your kingdom's shit. Why? Why the fuck cant that shit be on pause till I get back?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
So how am I supposed to get through season of bloom? Im in the "first world" and after killing a billion fucking bears, the game forces you to split your party into two and survive I am guessing a couple of battles. How? Seriously how? How the fuck is this possible without a suoer finely tuned party or at easy diff? I think I am one rest away from kingdom failure, because ofcourse that shit has to continue in the backround while you cannot interact with that stupid system.

And on top of that the devs thought that the event needed invisible, teleporting wolves. Oh and teleporting spiders because why not. In a game like this, trying to aggro randomly teleporting hyper fast spiders is obviously the way to go.

Man this game soured so fast on me.. First two chapters felt perfectly balanced. Suddenly the game takes every rezz away from without any warning and pushes you through these absurdly difficult scenarios. On top of that thd game has this shitty kingdom system which you cannot do anything about if you happen to enter this 4 hour dungeon. Im pretty sure I cannot leave the other world to fix your kingdom's shit. Why? Why the fuck cant that shit be on pause till I get back?
if you are talking about triggering the 2nd part of the fight you need to do fire or acid damage to the bear

the first world is a split level, it's a bunch of steps involving the equipping and unequipping the lantern and using the bird in a certain way

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying the game so far but the game balance is one of the poorest I have seen in a long while. Sneak attacks feel so OP and easy to trigger that I feel everyone in my party should have at least some rogue or vivi alchemist. And then randomly you come across these super high difficulty fights? Enemies that one shot your guys or enemies that are sleeping and you can't still hit them even once and they just wake up and kill your team in 5 seconds lol.

But like I said I'm still enjoying it and in a way it feels more BG2 than any other game in recent times. I just hope devs or modders make some balance changes (and obviously bug fixes).

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the final battle.

I really enjoyed the game. It was nice seeing the fixes on the way...I never really got stuck due to bugs. It seems a lot of bugs have been squashed at this point.

It was WAY longer than I was expecting, and I was expecting something pretty long (final play time 194 hours). I'll admit to some save scrumming on kingdom management rolls that padded out the length somewhat.

The load times feel a good bit better at this point.

Still, I played this after playing through Persona 5 and Octopath Traveler: both of with were 80 hour+ games. I need to play a couple of short, action-y games before I try to sit down with Dragon Quest XI. I'm very ready for something different.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if 1.2 is dropping the same day as the Wildcards DLC?

Edit: Answering myself. Patch 1.2 is now scheduled for mid-January. Wildcards DLC was released to alongside hotfix patch 1.13.

Last edited:

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
God damn the (early chapter 2 spoilers)
against the doomspider and silky
was tough. I spent couple hours trying to kill them on challenging with lvl 4 party, and simply couldn't manage it. Had only week left to do the quest, but luckily was so close to lvl 5 that disarming few traps got me a lvl up. Levels make absolutely massive difference in this game. At level 5 I beat that fight on my second try. Don't remember when I had that much trouble with a CRPG the last time.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
so after a Tower of Time infused break or so i came back to the game and the dlc

Kinectist is weird as hell. casting is slower than normal spell classes but you can constantly do a lot of damage given time

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
ok Kinectist damage late game is crazy insane. i tested out making a custom one at level 14. i use it's wall ability that makes a far too big of a wall. Cast it on my defender and my monk. it was doing 210 and 150 respectfully and it last so dam long b/c it being based off modifiers. The only downside is you can kill your own guys, and if for whatever reason it gets resisted the wall damage doesn't hurt that person until recasting and not resisted

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I'd finally start playing this, but it unfortunately froze a couple of times during the opening hour. Possibly because of cheat engine, but the game is slow as molasses - I'm not gonna get far without the speedhack feature.

Damn. I guess I'll wait for more patches.

e: unless there's a speed option outside of combat that I missed? I really just want to jump back in lol

e2: said fuck it and jumped back in, looks like playing in windowed helped things a bit, like I expected. Haven't had a single crash in the last hour or so. Maybe it was gsync and/or the constant alt-tabbing that caused the crashes.

Not a lot to say about the game so far other than that I love it even though I don't know what I'm doing half the time and the resting system sucks, but man, the Pathfinder world and lore has been really cool so far. I usually skim over lore stuff in RPGs, but there's a ton of interesting stuff here.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Thought I'd finally start playing this, but it unfortunately froze a couple of times during the opening hour. Possibly because of cheat engine, but the game is slow as molasses - I'm not gonna get far without the speedhack feature.

Damn. I guess I'll wait for more patches.

e: unless there's a speed option outside of combat that I missed? I really just want to jump back in lol

e2: said fuck it and jumped back in, looks like playing in windowed helped things a bit, like I expected. Haven't had a single crash in the last hour or so. Maybe it was gsync and/or the constant alt-tabbing that caused the crashes.

Not a lot to say about the game so far other than that I love it even though I don't know what I'm doing half the time and the resting system sucks, but man, the Pathfinder world and lore has been really cool so far. I usually skim over lore stuff in RPGs, but there's a ton of interesting stuff here.
the main struggle is just getting pass the intro of the game before the map actually opens up and then experimenting party sizes and builds

i'm going to try and make a workable 4 person party post chapter 1 play through one day

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing on easy which has - a bit surprisingly - been actually really easy so far, to the extent that the painfully simple AI has been able to take care of pretty much all fights I've been in.

I don't mind since, like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd rather have a relaxing first playthrough, to enjoy the story and the journey.

I love the kobolds in this game
9c58ef1928.jpg

edit:

Hell yeah dude, it's time for Baron Ara the First to conquer the world! Or something like that. Started with the relaxed kingdom management difficulty, but I'll probably put it on auto sooner or later. I'm not very interested in this aspect of the game.

Excited to see where the main story goes, though. All this political intrigue and skulduggery and backstabbery is great.

Last edited:

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to play this but know nothing of the series. As such I'm told to stay away. Is there no guide or something to bring me up to speed?

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Did they add double speed while walking/running outside of combat, like in Pillars of Eternity? I havent played this since late October and Im looking to return to it. Thanks.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play this but know nothing of the series. As such I'm told to stay away. Is there no guide or something to bring me up to speed?

Really late reply, but I had no Pathfinder experience either before this game. The story is standalone and combat you learn by doing. You don't really have many abilities or spells first few levels so it naturally eases you into the game. I wouldn't recommend a high difficulty level though if you aren't familiar with CRPGs in general. This game is quite challenging even on normal. For me this game was the most positive surprise of 2018 so I definitely recommend trying it.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is it kind of hard to figure out where to go just by reading quest text? Am I missing some big huge flag or icon somewhere showing me where to go? I'm on
the Lost Child and Coins for a Dead Man's Eyes
quests.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Is it just me or is it kind of hard to figure out where to go just by reading quest text? Am I missing some big huge flag or icon somewhere showing me where to go?
No it's not just you. I had to google ~50% of side quests so that I don't have to backtrack every location that matches the vague "somewhere in the swamps" description.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Patch 1.2 is out and it is huge, at least in download size which is over 12 gigabytes.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, I need to go look for patch notes. I've had the game since the last Steam sale but I've been holding off until at least one more major patch came out.

Patch Highlights:
  • System: Loading times have been significantly reduced.
  • New setting: you can now choose to significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.
  • Multiple difficulty improvements in Chapters 6 and 7.
  • New feature: you can now enable camera following. Just double-click a character's portrait or hit F to enable it and disable it by manually controlling the camera (WASD, arrow keys or pressing on the mouse wheel). Camera-following is also automatically disabled on battle start.
  • New feature: to save yourself a loading screen, you can now hover your mouse cursor over the table in the throne room, and you'll see an exclamation mark if anything new has happened in kingdom management while you were gone.
  • The Storyteller now provides the total number of artifact shards needed to assemble an artifact.
  • Numerous visual and user interface improvements.

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • During Nok-Nok's companion quest, the player could gain "Hero" and "Jester" points by making certain decisions and picking certain dialogue options. Gathering a high enough number of these points was the only way to open the relevant story paths for Nok-Nok during the quest arc's finale (and thus save him at the House of the Edge of Time later on). However, it was unclear how to gain said points, which lead to most players getting stuck with the quest arc's "bad ending" and Nok-Nok dying, even if they completed his quests in an otherwise appropriate manner. Resolution: we are streamlining this mechanic. The players will now always be able to select either the "Hero" or the "Jester" path for Nok-Nok during the quest arc's finale. Which path is open to them depends on what type of points they acquired more of.
  • A dialogue option discussing Valerie's scar didn't disappear from her dialogue even after completing her quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, Irlene will take the Chest of Genuine Gemstones from the player when the player delivers it during her quest.
  • The dialogue with Jubilost about the "Inconsequential debates" never ended if the quest was failed. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the "Twice-Born Warlord" chapter, being able to save Nilak (and Dugath, if he survived so far) depended on whether the player is doing the "Flintrock Grassland" area before or after confronting Tristian at the "Abandoned Keep" area. If the players come late to the Flintrock Grassland, they find Nilak (and Dugath) already dead. We removed this dependency from the conditions to Nilak's (and Dugath's) survival to make Amiri's personal quest more consistent.
  • The "Help Amiri kill another mighty monster" objective could be missing after completion of the "Help Amiri kill Tuskgutter" objective in rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "Ancient formula" objective couldn't be completed after "Experiment on a wererat and report to Bokken" objective. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "City of Hollow Eyes" area will now only be available after receiving the "Find the missing Defaced Sisters" objective of the "Along the Cold Trail" quest.
  • In some resolutions of Jaethals last personal quest, she could unexpectedly disintegrate, which made it impossible to correctly resolve the Test of Loyalty for Jaethal and Tristian at the House of the Edge of Time. Resolution: the underlying issue has been solved and will not reproduce itself. However, unfortunately, the affected saves cannot be fixed.
  • A weapon slot in Amiri's interface could remain locked after finishing her companion quests. Resolution: fixed.
  • Even after Jaethal would come to life, she could regain some of her Undead feats with time. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases during Ekun's "Bury the Past" quest, some of the enemy giants would not join the fight on their own, which made it impossible to talk to Ekun afterwards. Resolution: fixed. Those players who have already been affected by this bug (they see Ekun standing on his knees and cannot talk to him) need to kill the giants located one screen to the right.
  • In some cases, the game incorrectly interpreted the player's decisions taken after fighting Hargulka and Tartuk at the "Troll Lair" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • It was possible to accidentally fail Valerie's romance before it even begins. Resolution: fixed.
  • Executing Edrist Hanvaki could block further playthrough if Auto Kingdom Management was turned on (this would stop game time from moving forward). Resolution: fixed.
  • Mim Wobblegander no longer gets stuck on her way to Talon Peak. Resolution: fixed. For players with saved games where she is already stuck, she will be waiting for them on the top of the mountain now.
  • Some players could permanently lose access to Nok-Nok if they have seen a certain statue before they were supposed to during his personal quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, the "Saving Grace" quest will start no matter what the status of the "Hour of Rage" quest is.
  • If Stefano Mosconi is alive during the "War of the River Kings" quest, he will now correctly appear in the Throne Room to "invite" the player to Pitax.
  • During the Season of Bloom, the peasants that form the angry mob in front of your castle could make mistakes about the fate of a certain Lamashtu's priestess (located at the "Secluded Lodge" area) and some bandits ("Bridge over the Gudrin River"). Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • The dialogue option to ask Kharne Vereel about his shady dealings during the Rushlight tournament is now locked until the player finds out about them from other characters.
  • Skill checks for the "Trial of Strength" and the "Trial by Pain" illustrated events could be triggered multiple times at the "Armag's Tomb" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "Wild Energies" debuff could get stuck on characters when leaving the basement of the "House At The Edge Of Time" area using the staircase to the second floor. Resolution: fixed. For affected saves where the party are still in the "House At The Edge Of Time" area, players have to visit the ruined basement part and leave it again to remove the debuff.
  • There could simultaneously exist two Tartuks at the "Ruined Warehouse" area in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • NPC banters disappeared too fast in Varnhold. Resolution: fixed.
  • Briar didn't disappear from the Inventory when players gave it to Nyrissa. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "Vordakai's Tomb" area couldn't be found before the opening the Gates to the Valley of the Dead. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lootable dead body was not visible at the "Wolf Lair" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Provided conditions to Amiri's companion dialogue to keep it from becoming overburdened with the growing number of dialogue options.
  • The diplomacy checks in Darven's dialogue in the Capital were incorrect. Resolution: fixed.
  • Trolls and Kobolds didn't turn into dust after death at the "Troll Lair" area in the last chapter. Resolution: fixed.
  • Creatures were not reachable in the main hall at the "Troll Lair" area in the last chapter. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri could be paralyzed, wounded or fatigued at the start of her quest at the "Flintlock grasslands" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • A secret door opened mechanically but not visually in the library at the "House at the Edge of Time" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Rikri Sharvan had the wrong portrait during dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
  • Changed the order of the traveling portals as they occur in the illustrated event in the final chapter. The four portals on top of the list will lead to areas where the Lantern King's curse is lifted.
  • Changed the text in the CG option in the dialogue with Hannis Drelev in Irovetti's Palace to better represent the CG alignment.
  • The Incorruptible Petal glaive used to be in the "Whiterose Abbey" area and is in the "Pitax Royal Palace" area now. Vice versa, the Ring of Chaos item is in the "Whiterose Abbey" area.
  • Added the tooltips for area pointers for houses in region villages.
  • Clarified a dialogue option available while discussing the search for Armag's Tomb with Linzi.
  • Characters could leave the map and get stuck at the final area. Resolution: fixed.
  • The robbed woman at the "Bridge of Gudrin River" area now points the player in the right direction if asked about where she was robbed.
  • Lowered some of the Diplomacy and Intimidation difficulty checks for Amiri at the "Flintrock Grasslands" area.
  • Fixed a bug in the first dialogue with the raven in Vordakai's Tomb.
  • Dugath was too lazy to take part in the barbarians' meeting on exit from the "Armag's Tomb" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Invisible monsters could appear after loading the game during the battle with pirates in the Pitax Tavern. Resolution: fixed.
  • The arguing peasants at the capital in chapter 3 have now learned to pronounce their names properly.
  • Fixed a possible bug in Ivar's dialogue at the cliff. Affected players should be able to talk to Ivar once again and finish the dialogue correctly.
  • The camera was not controllable after introduction dialogues at the "Pine Patch" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Inclement weather is no longer triggered in safe areas like the Capital Square. Characters in a safe area now ignore all slowing effects and always move at full speed.
  • Characters could get an incorrect amount of damage or the wrong disease during the "Kobold Trail" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • Healing spells weren't applied to the wounded party members during the first Rest at the "Oleg's Trading Post" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • There was no exit marker on the "Southern Barrens" area map. Resolution: fixed.
  • Portal to the "Everblooming Flower Cradle" area (the last chapter) could be used only one time. Resolution: fixed.
  • Athletic skill-check was applied only once during uphill climbs at the "Bridge over the Gudrin River" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Improved pathing at the "Goblin Fort" area.
  • Loading the game from one dimension at the House at the Edge of Time to another could lead to different bugs. Resolution: fixed.
  • At the "Technic League Encampment" area, it was sometimes impossible to free one of the companions enslaved by the League. Resolution: fixed.
  • In various points in the game, i.e., at the "Old Sycamore" area, after certain player actions area transitions could disappear. Resolution: fixed.
  • After upgrading the capital to stone buildings, some of the rooms in houses surrounding the main square could become inaccessible. Resolution: fixed.
  • On lower difficulties, an encounter with Soul eaters in Vordakai's Tomb could get stuck if the PC died. Resolution: fixed.
  • Three magical tree stumps could suddenly start moving with the wind at the "Abandoned Hut" area. Resolution: nailed the stumps to the ground.
  • At the "Other World" area, summoned creatures could trigger the teleport sequence when they entered the blue mist, trapping some players in that area. Resolution: fixed.
  • You can now only enter Tuskgutter's Lair if you have Amiri in the group.
  • In some cases, players could get stuck in the capital tavern during romance with Octavia. Resolution: fixed.
  • At the "Old Sycamore" area, the sleeping bandits' characteristics did not properly reflect the fact that they're sleeping. Resolution: fixed.
  • The big entryway in the middle of the "Troll Lair" area now takes the player to the second floor instead of outside.
  • In Chapter 7, Maegar Varn could die before his final dialog. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the north-west of the "Silverstep Lake Village" area, you can summon a wyvern. The way to summon it has been made more logical and consistent.

Kingdom
  • The Safe Refuge event didn't change stats for all of the results if resolved by a Regent. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added a CE option (in addition to the CG one) to spare the priestess of Lamashtu at the "Secluded Lodge" area.
  • Incorrect rotation of the scaffold of the University building. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "Flight from a God" event didn't change stats for all of the results if resolved by a Councilor. Resolution: fixed.
  • Answers that would cost BP or gold now contain a warning during kingdom stat rank-up events.
  • Artisan Varrask didn't bring his masterpiece even when all the conditions were met. Resolution: Fixed. Varrask will correctly bring the masterpiece. For players who have already met the conditions he will bring it on the second time he comes to throne room.
  • Players can see the general Kingdom stats in the settlement building interface now.
  • The Ancient curse events were not marked as critically important. Resolution: fixed.
  • The 5th rank-up event for the Community stat could get stuck. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items brought by kingdom artisans could come in an unidentified state. Resolution: instructed the artisans to speak slowly and use short words when explaining to the ruler what their creations do.
  • Kanerah could suddenly vanish during rank-up events when acting as a Treasurer. Resolution: gave her pills that help with STT (spontaneous tiefling teleportation).
  • It was impossible to finish the throne room event "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" (a letter from Linxia that comes during the "Deal With the Devil" quest). Resolution: fixed.
  • In rare cases, if the "Pitaxian crowd" event was started in early versions of the game, some of the previously implemented fixes didn't work. Resolution: fixed.
  • In rare cases, Dragn could start coming to the throne room endlessly instead of giving the masterpiece. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event connected to Jubilost's article could happen even after Jhod is not available anymore to present it. Resolution - fixed, the event will not trigger in this case.
  • Several events were incorrectly marked as opportunities. Resolution: fixed.
  • Tirval kept coming to talk even if the player decided not to help her. Resolution: fixed.
  • Kingdom alignment wouldn't change to reflect the player's current alignment during the "Renown Across Golarion" event. Resolution: fixed. From now on, the alignment will change as it should and the capital will reflect those changes.
  • Some of the Ancient Curse events happened too late. Resolution: these events were moved to an earlier date (warnings still show up 2 weeks in advance).
  • Kingdom - In the Ancient Curse quests, counters showing time remaining until the end of the Curse didn't show . Resolution: fixed.
  • Two region upgrades didn't count into the region upgrade counter. Resolution: Fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Polar Midnight was incorrectly showing that it only affected enemies. Resolution: fixed.
  • Paralysis inflicted by arrows shot by Horned Hunter had neither a name nor descriptions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Extra Arcane Pool feat did not show in the description by how much it actually increases the arcane pool. Resolution: fixed.
  • Heal did not remove Insanity. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Magus' Greater Spell Access ability had the wrong description. Resolution: fixed.
  • The dwarven trait Stability did not provide a bonus to CMD against Bull Rush attempts. Resolution: fixed.
  • Icy Prison and Mass Icy Prison spells can be extended by metamagic now.
  • The Might of the Gods bonus granted by the Strength Domain did not work. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Elemental Bloodline arcana abilities switched themselves off after each combat. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Mass Heal tooltip picture looked like it affected everyone in the area. Resolution: the illustration in the tooltip is fixed (the spell only effects party members).
  • Long duration area spells had incorrectly stated in the description that they only affect enemies. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some class abilities, for example, the Alchemist's Dispelling Bombs discovery, miscalculated their caster level for dispelling checks. Resolution: fixed.
  • Rune domain abilities could be used as a free action. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Barbarian class became fatigued after their Rage ended for two rounds for each round the barbarian spent raging. Resolution: fixed.
  • Phantasmal Putrefaction spell now works correctly.
  • In combat, characters with the Magus class had a buff without an icon appearing near their portraits. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some class abilities, for example, Bard's archetype ability Thunder Call, miscalculated their caster level for the purposes of penetrating spell resistance. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Greater Vital Strike feat used to require normal Vital Strike instead of Improved Vital Strike. Resolution: It now requires Improved Vital Strike.
  • For the Sword Saint Magus archetype, Weapon Mastery did not increase their critical multiplier as it should. Resolution: fixed.
  • Beast Shape II, III, IV and Elemental Body I, II, III, IV spells now work correctly with Alchemist's Infusion discovery.
  • Swordlord's Counterattack and Blight Druid's Plaguebearer could have been activated by allies (e.g. healing). Resolution: No longer activated by allies.
  • Feats like Arcane Armor Training, Allied Spellcaster, and Shielded Caster should have had a Not Recommended mark for characters that will find them useless. Resolution: Arcane Armor Training and Arcane Armor Mastery now show as Not Recommended for characters that cannot cast arcane spells, for characters that cannot wear armor or for characters that already have a feature that allows them to ignore arcane spell failure of certain types of armor. Shielded Caster and Allied Spellcaster are now correctly shown as not recommended for characters that cannot cast spells.
  • Undead were not mechanically affected by the paralysis condition regardless of what caused it, making them practically immune to spells like Chains of Light and some effects of the Undead
  • Bloodline ability (that should have allowed a Sorcerer/Eldritch Scion to affect undead just as effectively as living creatures with spells like Hold Person). Resolution: fixed.
  • Cooking: Tristian's Personal Favorite bonus (for eating Shepherd's Pie) now works correctly.
  • Two-Handed fighters had Dexterity as the recommended stat during character creation instead of Strength. Resolution: fixed, Strength became the recommended stat.
  • One of the Divine Hunter's archetype abilities had no description. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Polar Midnight bonus spell of the Serpentine Bloodline had the wrong description. Resolution: fixed.
  • Equipping weapons in the inventory screen no longer affects initiative delay in the next battle.
  • Weapon Finesse mentioned that if you were wielding a shield then you would get a penalty to attack equal to your shield armor check penalty. Resolution: This part of the description was removed from weapon finesse because we did not implement it. We did not feel the need to penalize the people that were making characters without consideration for this.
  • Dreadful Carnage only worked with weapon attacks. Resolution: Now Dreadful Carnage works with spells as well. Pay attention please that it uses dazzling display and intimidates the enemies around the character and not around the target.
  • Good Hope area of effect was far larger than the size of the visual effect. Resolution: Good Hope now affects smaller area (15 ft radius).
  • Kinetic Knight archetype didn't get the bonuses from Skilled Kineticist wild talent. Resolution: fixed.
  • Kineticist Cold Blast damage for Dark Elementalist and Psychokineticist archetypes was calculated incorrectly, based on kineticist's Constitution. Resolution: fixed.
  • Tanglefoot bombs' entanglement effect could last too long. From now on, they can only entangle targets for up to 1 minute.
  • Buffs and debuffs applied by Tsanna during Chapter 7 should now display properly.
  • Buffs and debuffs applied by the Lantern King should now display properly.
  • Defender of the True World ability Beguiling Immunity did not work. Resolution: fixed.

Difficulty settings and fixes
  • The time limit to solve the main quest in the last chapter was a bit too strict. Resolution: the time limit was increased.
  • Decreased the difficulty of fighting the Wild Hunt: their special abilities have been nerfed on Normal and lower difficulty levels.
  • Players can meet Anoriel Eight Eyes at the "House at the Edge of Time" area, where she lets the player hire mercenaries.
  • Players can change the party roster now when leaving the courtyard the at the "House at the Edge of Time" area.
  • Experience rewards for killing the Wild Hunt, bosses in Irovetti's Palace and in the "House at the Edge of Time" area has been drastically increased.
  • Powerful area effect abilities and spells cast by the enemy had their DCs lowered on lower difficulties.
  • Experience rewards for completing last stages of companion quests, quests in the last two chapters and the "War of the River Kings" quest has been drastically increased.
  • Avinash Jurrg was weaker than intended. Resolution: his stats now reflect his race more properly.

Items
  • The Hand of Damnation weapon had a mistake in the description: it stated a +1 enhancement bonus instead of +2. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wand of Vampiric Touch worked incorrectly - it did not store a charge as usual touch spells and did not work without a Use Magic Device check (even for classes that have it on their spell list). Resolution: fixed.
  • Weapon descriptions had no indication they are monk weapons or are compatible with Weapon Finesse feat. They do now.
  • Light weapons were not described as such in weapon descriptions. They are now.
  • The Necklace of Double Crosses was a notable item. Resolution: no longer notable.
  • The Beholder of Wind amulet had a typo. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Rigid Oak Staff gave an enhancement bonus to Constitution, instead of a morale bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some items, for example, most magic shields and robes, were not marked in inventory as magic. Resolution: fixed.
  • Scrolls of Icy Prison, Icy Prison Mass, Foresight and Grease didn't exist. Resolution: mentioned scrolls have been added.
  • Clarified the description of the Greater Ring of Balance.
  • The Della Fiorni Crest had the wrong price. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Remnant had no flaming visual effect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Remnant didn't deal its flaming and divine damage. Resolution: Now all damage applies correctly.
  • The Unstoppable Khanda had the wrong price. Resolution: fixed.
  • The +4 Full Plate from Avinash Jurrg had an incorrect name. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Ring of Law and the Lesser Ring of Balance had incorrect prices. Resolution: prices were adjusted for both items.
  • The Phylactery of Positive Channeling, the Lesser Phylactery of Positive Channeling, the Lesser Phylactery of Negative Channeling, the Phylactery of Negative Channeling had misleading descriptions. They work only with a Channel Negative/Positive Energy ability. Resolution: The item description has been changed.
  • The Bleed enchantment worked even after combat ends. Fixed: Now it is removed once combat ends, unless stated otherwise.
  • Singing Edge had an incorrect description in RUS and ENG and gave an additional +3 enhancement bonus instead of +2. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Eye of the Tornado crossbow didn't have a usable weapon type. Resolution: now it is heavy crossbow type.
  • The Polymorph Greater spell's visualization was fixed.
  • Medusa's "Petrifying Gaze" ability's DC was wrong. Resolution: fixed.
  • Leviathan's gift robe granted infinite Maximize Spell metamagic uses. Fixed: now it grants only 6 times per day as per description.
  • Satisfaction, Helmet of the Dusk, Sparkling Helmet, Forest Knight's Bracers and Bladed Plate could have been activated by allies (e.g. healing). Resolution: No longer activated by allies.
  • Wand of Dispel Magic was non-usable. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Rod of Flaming Vengeance displayed the name and description of the Rod of the Fearless. Resolution: fixed.
  • Artisan-produced rods allowed to cancel a rod's buff before the spell was fully cast and thus not to spend charges. Resolution: fixed.
  • The armor obtained from Avinash Jurrg had an error in its description. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some loot areas and vendors had non-usable weapons and shields. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Rage ability of Korgath's Shackled Fury had neither a name nor a description. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Soot-Blackened Brand, an item that is of interest to the Storyteller, was too hard to find: it was hidden in a locked gnome chest that would only appear at the "Ford across the Skunk River" area while the "Troll Trouble" quest was active. From now on, you can simply pick it up from a container in the same area.
  • Animal pelts could disappear when transferred into a chest. Resolution: fixed.
  • A few items that the Storyteller asked you to collect were missing from the game. Resolution: you can now find the Charred Screwdriver with the Technic League's Brand at the "Dappled Quagmire" area, and the Tree Crest Inkwell at the "Carnival Glade" area in the portal to the First World.

User Interface
  • You can now enable camera following. Just double-click a character's portrait or hit F to enable it, and disable it by manually controlling the camera (WASD, arrow keys or pressing on the mouse wheel). Camera-following is also automatically disabled on battle start.
  • From now on, you can always access an animal companion's info - just open its master's inventory or character sheet and look to the right. Useful when you cannot select your pet due to mind-affecting spells, for example.
  • In the class progression screen (seen on the Character sheet and during level-up), feats that allow selecting from different options (i.e., Weapon Focus, Spell Specialization and others) will now show the selected option.
  • From now on, the action bar automatically displays activated abilities - both those granted by feats and classes as well as by items.
  • The Storyteller now provides the total number of artifact shards needed to assemble an artifact.
  • Protective Aura had no icon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Changed the combat log message that stated the result of the Fortitude save check, when it was supposed to state the result of the Fortification armor chance instead.
  • The layout of Character Generation dialogues have been improved.
  • Added a tooltip to the slots for picking new spells on level-ups.
  • There were no tooltips for Weapon Proficiency. Resolution: fixed.
  • The following settings have been fixed or adjusted: Screen edge scrolling speed, Keyboard edge scrolling speed, Double-click delay, Tooltip delay.
  • The following settings have been removed: Mouse sensitivity, Equipment comparison delay.
  • A chest's filter setting didn't apply to the items. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added a notification for those cases when traveling the world map is prohibited due to a single companion carrying too much weight.
  • Rest UI didn't count rations properly if they were divided by several slots. Resolution: fixed.
  • "Mass sale" button could propose to sell some magical items (like Cloak of Heroism). Resolution: fixed.
  • Level-up: domain progression has been improved.
  • Character Generation: appearance settings could be reset if players returned to the Race page. Resolution: fixed.
  • Character Generation: the portrait could be reset to the first in the list in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Party could get stuck in the "in battle" condition on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed.
  • A character's Spellcasting Ability can be found in the Spellbook now.
  • A warning about inability to change equipment in battle has been added.
  • There could be unpredictable issues if characters leveled up during battles. Resolution: level up is not allowed during battle.
  • The weapon tooltip has information about matching with Finesse and Monk class now.
  • If one of multiple NPCs taking part in a dialogue didn't have a portrait, an incorrect portrait could be displayed. Resolution: fixed.
  • Clicking on the weapon slots located under the character's model in the inventory could increase the weight of items currently carried by that character. Resolution: fixed.
  • To save yourself a loading screen, you can now hover your mouse cursor over the table in the throne room, and you'll see an exclamation mark if anything new has happened in kingdom management while you were gone.
  • If a dialog started while the local map window was open, the dialog window would overlap with the party interface. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases, opening the Inventory or Character Sheet windows could open them for the wrong character. Resolution: fixed.
  • The custom formation description was changed from "NULL" to "Formation". Unfortunately, that only affects newly created characters.

Sound and Voice-Over
  • Sometimes a group of Water Elementals could play more than 3 identical sounds simultaneously. Resolution: fixed.
  • Voices can now be heard when creating custom companions.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but these are huge.

Miscellaneous
  • Stone capital and Wooden capital: post-process visual effects and FXs have been added to stress the current alignment. Resolution: fixed.
  • A typo in the name of a voice file could make the Rest scene too long. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lamashtu added to the encyclopedia.
  • Localization \ text fixes.
    • A lot of text fixes in dialogues.
    • New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.
    • Improved consistency in German terms.
    • Rod of Undeath item had no Russian translation. Resolution: fixed.
    • Armor of Wealth had an incorrect enhancement bonus stated in Russian description. Resolution: fixed.
    • Provided a RU description for the Ring of Improved Proficiency.
    • Clarified the description for Precise Strike in RU.
    • Fixes to texts in the "Inspect" screen.
  • General visual improvements in the following areas:
    • With the shadows set off, some areas had overexposed models. Resolution: fixed.
    • Houses could be missing on the Map at the "Varnhold" area. Resolution: fixed.
    • Barbarian outfits have been improved at the "Six Bears Tribe" area.
    • Lamashtu cultists' outfits have been improved.
    • Lumberjacks at the "Overgrown Pool" area didn't look right. Resolution: fixed.
    • Village vendors don't share Verdel's appearance anymore.
    • Improved the appearance of the "Ancient Tomb" area.
    • Jamandi's Throne Room (fog of war).
    • Visuals for building slots have been improved.
    • Lizardfolks Village (lighting).
    • Hunting Lodge (lighting).
    • Stag Lord Old Camp (environment improvements).
    • Vordakai's Tomb (environment improvements).
    • Improved lighting in one of the houses that appear when a settlement is built in the Outskirts.
    • Wilderness Encounter (daytime lighting).
    • The dis-upgraded capital (nighttime lighting - the torches were too bright).
  • Other visual fixes and improvements
    • NPC animation issues in the Tavern are fixed.
    • Dead monsters' lighting now adjust to their environment.
    • All creatures interact with FluidFog now.
    • Dragn the artisan doesn't share Harrim's appearance anymore.
    • Short bow looked incorrectly when worn on the back. Resolution: fixed.
    • Wind was not working properly in some scenes. Resolution: fixed.
    • The color of the class costume could be reset to blue (the default one) for multiclass characters. Resolution: fixed.
    • Scimitar and dueling sword scabbards were upside down. Resolution: fixed.
    • Halflings didn't know how to hold a spear. Resolution: sent them to the drill sergeant.
    • Some AoE spell effects have been adjusted.
    • Oversized Character Asset - Dwarf Fighter. Resolution: fixed.

System
  • Loading times have been significantly reduced.
  • A new setting: by enabling "Improved Kingdom Loading Times", you can now significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.
  • Made sure save files do not accumulate unneeded info over the course of the game. This can make saving and loading marginally faster, especially in the later chapters.
  • Several improvements have been implemented to address "crash on startup" issues.
  • Steam Cloud synchronizing worked incorrectly if total save files volume exceeded 500MB. Resolution: the newest saves now replace the old ones in Steam Cloud. Local saves remain intact.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Load times being fixed is huge. Now to wait for the hotfixes to fix all the things this patch broke.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm still sitting this game out a bit longer until probably all the DLC is out, but just wanted to chime in that the most recent patch looks really promising, and the level of support seems really good. Can't wait for a replay later this year at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
seems they added the load time settings from Tower of Time. sweet
still weird to see such a list of stuff fixed when i haven't had even a minor bug since like 1.1

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
The "Help Amiri kill another mighty monster" objective could be missing after completion of the [first objective] in rare cases. Resolution: fixed.

Nice! I hope this will fix Amiri's quest for me. It's the only major bug I experienced: I completed the first part of that quest, but the next just didn't trigger. I also ended up with two copies of Amiri in my party which was kinda annoying (since the clone often bumped other characters from the active party)

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to start the game, but I'm not sure how to build a (tiefling) kineticist.
I either want a melee fighter or ranged psychokinetictist.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
There have been a lot of improvements since release - as far as I can tell, all the game killing bugs have been gone for a month or two and load times are much better than they used to be.

I haven't picked up the expansion - that content might be buggier.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So I restarted Kingmaker and started another playtrough. Really enjoyed it this time since I had way better understanding of the gameplay systems and knew about the season of bloom.

At the moment i have like 70 hours on my current play through and im in 3rd chapter. So during third chapter, the game gave three warnings about magical energy (but it didnt specify what I had to do to get rid of it, neither did it state how long I still have when something happens) and then suddenly boom, game over because call of abaddon.

What kind of fucking moron has designed this fucking game? Can anyone defend this shit? Im really expected to play that whole fucking piece of shit from the beginning again because the devs decided its a good idea to make an autofail event without any warning?

This game literally requires you to spoil every chapter, so you know exactly what to do so you dont fail these fucking events. On top of that you need to be constantly running between your capital to answer events and projects which waste a shit ton of time.

Sure, you can turn invicibility mode, but what the fuck is the point of that? Its a cheat mode. You dont get achivements and why would you bother with kingdom management at all at that point? Jesus fucking christ this game is a broken mess. If you cannot design a kingdom management mode, dont do it. This fucking POS game should atleast make a save in the beginning of every chapter, though honestly, I still wouldnt waste another 10 hours to do the same shit. I will never touch another game from this dev.

Edit. Turning the kingdom management to invincible doesnt let me continue. Worst CRPG O have played.

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sandersson It is like super obvious what you are supposed to do and the active ancient curse quest has timer on it.
No idea how you missed that and it's definitely not the games fault.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Sandersson It is like super obvious what you are supposed to do and the active ancient curse quest has timer on it.
No idea how you missed that and it's definitely not the games fault.
Call of abadar is not the same as ancient curse. Regarding call of abadar the game gives you no notification of a) the time you have left b) what you need to do c) that its an auto game over event. Its honesly broken. You can find a shit ton of threads where people with huge amounts of hours end up with a bricked save because the game failed to inform the player of its mechanics.

Btw after visiting Varnhold my quest log literally says:
-----
"Varnhold is a ghost town- there is not a single soul in sight! We should look around and find out where everyone is gone.

-Vordakai - this cryptic word must be connwcted to everything going on around here. But what - or who is this Vordakai?

The leader of the spriggans occupying Varnhold claimed that it was empty when they got there. The scroundrel must be lying.. right? If not, then who or what drove spriggans from their home."
-----
This gives you zero idea that a GG timer has started running in the backround. They should have atleast let you continue with a destroyded kingdom or something. This makes no sense. This is the only game that I know of, which actively punishes you for doing side quests. I should have skipped every side quest and googled where I need to go. At the moment I think I could download mod manager and install the bag of goodies mod, which includes a "stop time" option. But I have no idea if it breaks something so we will see...

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list somewhere that has every timed quest in the game with minimum spoilers?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
The above just scared me off from buying this game. I really don't want town management in my party RPG and I especially don't want hidden failure events like this. Meh.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The above just scared me off from buying this game. I really don't want town management in my party RPG and I especially don't want hidden failure events like this. Meh.
It has massive amounts of customizable difficulty settings, among them kingdom management difficulty and whether or not game-ending events can actually occur. You can also completely automate the kingdom management aspect, too.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It has massive amounts of customizable difficulty settings, among them kingdom management difficulty and whether or not game-ending events can actually occur. You can also completely automate the kingdom management aspect, too.
Can I turn it off? Does kingdom management affect endings, quests, gear received, etc?

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Not sure if it is a bug or if its just too late for some reason but my last manual save is like 7 hours before I get a game over screen and turning off all kingdom management does not let me continue the game.

Also the game is about becoming a baron so just skipping all the kingdom mamagement seems kinda.. weird to be honest. BUT if you buy the, I think you should disable it all. It just doesnt work.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Not sure if it is a bug or if its just too late but I my last manual save is like 7 hours before I get a game over screen and turning off all kingdom management does not let me continue the game. Also the game about becoming a baron so just skipping all kingdom mamagement seems kind.. weird to be honest.
You could be a landless Noble/Baron. You could "outsource" management to a Stewart. Anyway, I am going to skip this one since it's obvious now how big a part kingdom management is for the game. I didn't realize that.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
You could be a landless Noble/Baron. You could "outsource" management to a Stewart. Anyway, I am going to skip this one since it's obvious now how big a part kingdom management is for the game. I didn't realize that.
The devs are still asking for kingdom management balancing tweaks on steam and their own forums so you might as well check it out at a later date.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I put this game down waiting for patches about 2 weeks after it released.

I just started today where I left off, and the combat seems incredibly easy on normal. Did they make normal a lot easier with patches? I remember normal being a lot harder before (which I felt was great).

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
I put this game down waiting for patches about 2 weeks after it released.

I just started today where I left off, and the combat seems incredibly easy on normal. Did they make normal a lot easier with patches? I remember normal being a lot harder before (which I felt was great).
Are you doing the same encounters again or just progressing further in the game? I don't think the difficulty changed much, but I feel that the difficulty curve has always been somewhat uneven even for story quests (it's quite natural for side stuff on the world map)

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw a CohhCarnage vid where he said that now that it's all patched up it's probably his favorite CRPG ever

When is the game + all the DLC going on saaaaaaaaaaalllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I need it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww