• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I was prepared for the Fangberry quest, I still had trouble with the swarms. Most AOE options will hit your party members too, and the str/dex damage is pretty killer.

I tried camping just outside the cave and... that was a bad idea. Got attacked by more spiders.

At least my aasimar can lesser restoration 1/day, so that cuts down on some of the str damage.

My MC, a wizard, still isn't all that useful at Lv2 (except on skill checks), but I think that's supposed to happen. He has 5 spells a day, so once he's cast enlarge person and mage armor that's almost half his "usefulness" gone (at least the mage armor lasts a long time). Burning hands is powerful, but hard to avoid hitting your friends with. Looking forward to later spells that will make him more useful.

I've seen people recommend dual-classing with some levels of Rogue to get sneak attack dice on touch attack spells. I might do that in place of Lv4. It does seem that unlike other classes, there isn't a huge benefit to pushing wizard all the way to 20.

Yeah I started with sorc. The early level CC spells are way more useful than the dps spells. Being able to use sleep/stun cuts down on so much damage your party takes. I just go pure sorc though I'm not a multi-classer xD There's a spell later on that gives you sneak attack for a short amount of time anyway.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Even the hotfix still didn't fix those bugs that the posters there are mentioning. Like they can't control Amiri, and valerie game breaking bug. My god, they shouldn't really have released this game early.

If they didn't release the game "early" many of these bugs would never have been discovered, since release basically multiplies the number of people who can find and report bugs by a thousand and more.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving this game, way better balanced and better made than I expected from reviews. Came in expecting a weird unbalanced interesting mess, got a super polished, AAA quality game. Aside from maybe the bald hilltop I haven't encountered anything unbalanced playing on a p&p rules custom difficulty (everything set to no bonus or normal, none of the special critical or resting aids turned on.)

There are some weird bugs (had to stop playing last night because all of my casters leveled up after the hotfix) but nothing game breaking so far.

My biggest complaint I think is the lack of signposting on where to go -- I'd like the game to be open ended and not tell me what to do, but between levels 3-7 I got by entirely by wandering the wilderness and stumbling on new areas, the only things I had quests for were way beyond my power level. (like, I did the troll fort at a snails pace at level 4, until I got to the final boss and realized it would be completely impossible to finish. Just because I had nothing else obvious to do on the map.)

Has anybody else had success finding out where to go next rather than trial and error? Are there quest givers im missing? Is the world map laid out in CR in some predictable way?

(Oh, one more complaint -- pathfinder rules are kinda weird! Don't think I like all of the new class features as much as I liked d&d 3/3.5, and the encounters feel both a little more boring (spam channel heal on your cleric, spam ranged sneak attacks on your rogues) and a little harder to make strategic decisions in than games like nwn or icewind dale 2)

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm loving how open ended this is, even though it does result a little bit in the "what do I do now?" conundrums. The choice paralysis kind. I spent like 3 in game months yesterday just sitting on the throne capturing a couple regions and upgrading my kingdom stats, but then the game also stresses that you need to progress the story at some reasonable pace through the "problems" mechanic: first with the troll attacks, and then with the plagues. I just got an in-game prompt suggesting that the plague would wipe out my kingdom in 2 months so I guess I better finally get off my butt and progress the story a bit, lol.

The game is massive too. I wonder how many unique maps it has relative to its peers. It seems like a lot.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, also, how do you capture new regions in kingdom? How do you build cities in new regions you've acquired? I've got the first two and a city built in the first one, but not sure what to do next.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game, way better balanced and better made than I expected from reviews. Came in expecting a weird unbalanced interesting mess, got a super polished, AAA quality game. Aside from maybe the bald hilltop I haven't encountered anything unbalanced playing on a p&p rules custom difficulty (everything set to no bonus or normal, none of the special critical or resting aids turned on.)

There are some weird bugs (had to stop playing last night because all of my casters leveled up after the hotfix) but nothing game breaking so far.

My biggest complaint I think is the lack of signposting on where to go -- I'd like the game to be open ended and not tell me what to do, but between levels 3-7 I got by entirely by wandering the wilderness and stumbling on new areas, the only things I had quests for were way beyond my power level. (like, I did the troll fort at a snails pace at level 4, until I got to the final boss and realized it would be completely impossible to finish. Just because I had nothing else obvious to do on the map.)

Has anybody else had success finding out where to go next rather than trial and error? Are there quest givers im missing? Is the world map laid out in CR in some predictable way?

(Oh, one more complaint -- pathfinder rules are kinda weird! Don't think I like all of the new class features as much as I liked d&d 3/3.5, and the encounters feel both a little more boring (spam channel heal on your cleric, spam ranged sneak attacks on your rogues) and a little harder to make strategic decisions in than games like nwn or icewind dale 2)

Wait did you start after the first two patches? Because that's when they toned alot of stuff down. I started a new game and yeah it's significantly easier now.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait did you start after the first two patches? Because that's when they toned alot of stuff down. I started a new game and yeah it's significantly easier now.

Uhh I started after the first patch, before the second, I think. A day or two after it came out. Maybe I avoided the worst of it.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh, also, how do you capture new regions in kingdom? How do you build cities in new regions you've acquired? I've got the first two and a city built in the first one, but not sure what to do next.

Go to the "Map" screen (not the Regions one, yea..) and any region you can capture is highlighted in orange. I'm not 100% sure what makes a region available to capture, I think it's purely determined by whether you've visited the "main" area of the place, maybe you have to complete a quest there too. To make a settlement you have to click on one of the little signposts (they need to make these icons bigger imo).

One thing I'm not sure of is whether the location of a placed settlement matters at all. You get like 5-8 options for one settlement in a region and the name doesn't change based on location.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh I started after the first patch, before the second, I think. A day or two after it came out. Maybe I avoided the worst of it.

Nah I think the balancing patch came after that. I guess my main issue was I started as a sorc and the people I got to start with were a cleric, bard and barb. I had way too many supports for a low level party.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'm loving this game. I'm playing on challenging difficulty and for me it's been good challenge. Some fights are too difficult and I have to retreat.

Game is massive. I have already clocked 25 hours and I have revealed maybe 1/4 of world map.

One thing that bothers me in Pillars 2 is spell system. After every encounter all the spells recharge and I don't like that system. In Pathfinder you really need to conserve spells and abilities and use limited resources which makes the combat much more rewarding.

So far my GOTY CRPG sorry Pillars 2.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
So I gave up and switched Kingdom management to automatic. That you can't switch it back to manual is pretty fucking stupid. I'm still getting "Troll Rampage" automatic events that hit me with -3 military and stability long after I killed the Troll King, which seems to be a bug.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So I gave up and switched Kingdom management to automatic. That you can't switch it back to manual is pretty fucking stupid. I'm still getting "Troll Rampage" automatic events that hit me with -3 military and stability long after I killed the Troll King, which seems to be a bug.

Have you completed every event under that "Troll Trouble" header? I think if there's an active event (such as where you have to take your player to the Verdant grove area alone), it will still count as incomplete. Even though that event doesn't have much to do with the trolls...

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you completed every event under that "Troll Trouble" header? I think if there's an active event (such as where you have to take your player to the Verdant grove area alone), it will still count as incomplete. Even though that event doesn't have much to do with the trolls...

I had this but. I downloaded a cheat engine that would do a 1 day solve, and then turned it off. I actually noticed that the Troll Trouble never came up, it just freed up the general when the time was up, it must be a bug.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I mean, I would be surprised if its a bug, considering the state of the game right now, lol. Was just considering if it was possibly tied to something else.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Bought the game but completely unfamiliar with the Pathfinder universe. I loved Pillars 1 (yet to finish Deadfire, waiting for all content to be released) and finished it on PotD. Which difficulty should I be aiming for? Heard about some nasty spikes.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Likewise completely unfamiliar with Pathfinder, and got a deep love for Pillars.
Playing this on Challenge.
Found it ridiculously difficult (or just ridiculously random) early on, only stubbornness kept me going, but in act 2 everything feels quite good difficulty wise - except for the random "kill a character and remove it from the game - > reload' thing, which just seems like stupid design.
However I think some of the act 1 difficulty has since been nerfed, making some of the early problems I (and seemingly lots of others) had, less of an issue. Act 1 is probably still going to have difficulty spikes - the devs really seems to want you to go to different areas and test the water in terms of which enemies you can handle.

So I would recommend Challenge, for people having general RPG knowledge, but no Pathfinder knowledge, who still want fights to feel somewhat challenging.
I think you can change difficulty on the fly, so of course you could also just increase difficulty along the way. I kinda prefer to stick with a choice though.

Right now I still have very little clue what to pick when leveling up, and yet difficulty feels good now. I can imagine the lower difficulties might start to become boring.
Combat is growing on me. I like Pillars better currently, it just seems more designed for a video game (which it obviously is... so no surprise), and not something they are trying to fit into a video game.
I certainly think I will play it another time on highest difficulty some day, using all the stuff I am learning along the way. Really enjoyed doing that in Pillars.

Edit; started a wizard. I can imagine starting class mattering a lot in how act 1 feels. Wizard felt like it had very few options early on (all spell based characters did). I think my main problem was it took quite a long time to get a full group - especially as it seems that I picked all the wrong choices in act 1, making it take even longer to get more companions. Similar to Pillars, getting a full group should be high priority early on - the game doesn't do a good job at leading you there however.

Last edited:

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Edit; started a wizard. I can imagine starting class mattering a lot in how act 1 feels. Wizard felt like it had very few options early on (all spell based characters did). I think my main problem was it took quite a long time to get a full group - especially as it seems that I picked all the wrong choices in act 1, making it take even longer to get more companions. Similar to Pillars, getting a full group should be high priority early on - the game doesn't do a good job at leading you there however.
Maybe it was the choices that I made, but the companions are conveniently placed along the critical path and pretty obvious. You can get Harrim or Jaethal pretty early on in the ancient tomb with a fairly easy persuasion check, and Tristan joins your party automatically.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it was the choices that I made, but the companions are conveniently placed along the critical path and pretty obvious. You can get Harrim or Jaethal pretty early on in the ancient tomb with a fairly easy persuasion check, and Tristan joins your party automatically.
As far as I know, if you go to another place on the critical path before visiting ancient tomb, that option automatically disappears. First new companions I got was Regongar and Octavia.
Also Tristian was not where I felt the game was leading me early on, I mostly went south - also getting to him involved some fairly hard fights I assume, if you go there early.
Not that the game should handhold you, but considering how important a full team seems to be, it might have been better with some very direct leads to at least 2 characters from the start.
If I ever play again, I'll certainly beeline directly to the earliest companions.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No... my alignment is starting to shift to neutral good from lawful good. Though I actually hide the alignment shift parameter in dialogue. It seems that my moral lead me to neutral good as I found some of the lawful decisions too harsh and/or stiff.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
When you recruit from the NPC do you pick what class type you want or it just gives you random optios?

Cause I really wish I could have picked what the forced NPC's they give you are

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
When you recruit from the NPC do you pick what class type you want or it just gives you random optios?

Cause I really wish I could have picked what the forced NPC's they give you are
Do you mean companions or mercenaries?

Companions are preset, their base class cannot be changed, but you can always choose their later class on each level up. As for mercenaries, it's exactly like you create your main character. They're quite pricey though.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Bought the game but completely unfamiliar with the Pathfinder universe. I loved Pillars 1 (yet to finish Deadfire, waiting for all content to be released) and finished it on PotD. Which difficulty should I be aiming for? Heard about some nasty spikes.
I highly recommend starting on Normal if you're not familiar with Pathfinder/D&D3.5. You can always crank the difficulty up at any later point once you feel confident that you can handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Do you mean companions or mercenaries?

Companions are preset, their base class cannot be changed, but you can always choose their later class on each level up. As for mercenaries, it's exactly like you create your main character. They're quite pricey though.
They are preset. You don't choose and it's not random.
i meant the merc's so thanks. i rather spend a bunch on merc's just to have more control over who's in my party. i had almost enough money for 1 and wanted to know before i saved up the rest

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I might have to edit my save file because I am being swarmed with "Dark Epidemic" and "Monstrous Gathering" quests that overrun my kingdom. Sometimes get like 4-5 a month and only two advisers afaik can deal with them (General and Warden). I went out and beelined the Bloom events to end the Dark Epidemic problems (eventually, I feel like I still had to eat like 5 of them) and now I'm being overrun with the Monstrous Gathering ones. Seems really overtuned, especially since i'm playing with the Kingdom management on Easy and have dumped a lot of money into buying Build Points to try to stay ahead of the game there.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Managed to right the ship with some save scumming but yea, the way problems work when tied to story beats seems weird. I feel like they should disappear immediately once the problem is solved (troll king, bloom) but it seems like you have to exhaust everything you've queued up until those points before they finally go away. Hope I don't run into similar problem now with the next threat..

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
am I right in thinking Challenging comes with a "stronger enemies" difficulty setting or something, and normal comes without the full rules (maybe no crits on your party?)

It's strange that no default difficulty is p&p accurate rules -- the game seems balanced for them, and building a party around every enemy having +2 AC for their CR seems really unappealing to me as somebody who isnt super into min-maxing

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Wow at this difficulty. I'm not new to this. I can make a decent character. I think I'm going to have to drop the difficulty down to easy. I saw stats for a goblin...he had 26 dex...like...what? Every attack is a miss and my dog might as well have no teeth.

I want to push through but I don't want to get burnt out. Does normal difficulty even out at some point? My next summons seen like they would be helpful as meat shields at least. 3 dogs or a wolf. So that might help.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wow at this difficulty. I'm not new to this. I can make a decent character. I think I'm going to have to drop the difficulty down to easy. I saw stats for a goblin...he had 26 dex...like...what? Every attack is a miss and my dog might as well have no teeth.

I want to push through but I don't want to get burnt out. Does normal difficulty even out at some point? My next summons seen like they would be helpful as meat shields at least. 3 dogs or a wolf. So that might help.

Yea, it's tough. It does even out a bit once you get a full party and actually get enough gear to slot onto everyone, but even then, crits absolutely can wreck a party. I'm still playing on normal but I made it so characters can fall in battle and not die to not be as stressed by a lucky crit downing someone unexpectedly quickly.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As has been posted before, someone looked at the code and enemies are basically double dipping on stats. They recommended changing Enemy Difficulty to Weak and Enemy Stat Adjustments to Normal Enemies to balance things out a bit.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
This game is amazing but I currently have three, possibly four major bugs.

Double Amiri bug: She duplicates in the team selection, and when you do a leg of her quest, she duplicates then disappears, and the end of the quest does not trigger.
Bartholomew Delgado: Part of the Troll Trouble quest in the Lone House. I killed the Troll king at the same time I received the whip he requested, and it glitched him out something fierce. He's a possible advisor too so I want to wait until a patch.
Ekun: Glitch when recruiting him, and his first quest, which auto completed without him being recruited/giving it to me. I think this won't cause long term problems, but I'm not sure.
Troll Trouble: I missed a kingdom problem and it triggered, even after killing the troll king. I'm worried it will continue as a repeated problem. Cause then I'm screwed. I'll burn two weeks in the capital to check.Troll rampage seems to be a kingdom killer, not that Owlcat ever warned us of that...

I hear also that the patch is delayed. The latest hotfix has been a hot mess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/9ldb4s/patch_11/

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
As has been posted before, someone looked at the code and enemies are basically double dipping on stats. They recommended changing Enemy Difficulty to Weak and Enemy Stat Adjustments to Normal Enemies to balance things out a bit.
Yea, it's tough. It does even out a bit once you get a full party and actually get enough gear to slot onto everyone, but even then, crits absolutely can wreck a party. I'm still playing on normal but I made it so characters can fall in battle and not die to not be as stressed by a lucky crit downing someone unexpectedly quickly.

Ok I played around with the difficulty and it's way more enjoyable now.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
yay one save i have bugs out when i try and reenter the place of the Mites and Kobolds. don't know if i want to bother roll back so far to see if i can stop the bug from happening

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Not sure if it's a bug or some scripted thing, but Regongar disappears from the party for me. I just finished the part of Octavia and Regongar's personal quest where I went to the Technic League Hideout and fought with the slavers. I chose the outcome where I saved the Slaves instead of going after the boss. Afterwards, I went back to my capital to deal with some kingdom issues.

I make a save and heal up outside the capital and everything seems fine. However, as soon as I enter, Regongar seems to disappear outright. He also seems to disappear if I try to put him in reserve outside of the capital through the "Group Manager" option from the world map.

I could maybe see it as something like...he went on his own to track down the slaver boss, but no one says anything and he just disappears, and even Octavia doesn't have new dialogue to mention anything.

I guess I just keep him in the party and avoid my own capital for now lol. I really hope I'm missing something obvious..

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My Regongar is also bugged. He's always in critical condition when I don't bring him in my party. Even in the throne room, he regularly faint to the floor while saying "Ah.. I'm dying". Not that I'm bothered with it, I rarely use him anyway.

Speaking of, it seems that bow users (rangers) are quite overpowered. My Ekundayo & Jaethal combo at the back wreck through everything with ease.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
New Hotfix 1.0.5:

Dear Pathfinders,

After considering the upcoming feedback we decided that it will be better to focus on releasing hotfixes with the best possible frequency rather then spending time on testing the next big version. The way we see it now we will keep preparing hotfixes during the next 1-2 weeks. The so called "big patch" with several hundreds improvements and minor fixes will be released after October, 22nd.

Please be aware that there are story spoilers in the descriptions below (at Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections).

Quests
  • Tristian's dialogue may not work correctly during Saving Grace quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • If the player skips the first quest with Bartholomew and then returns with a whip, the incorrect dialogue is triggered. Resolution: fixed.
  • 2nd Valerie romance event may not start and lock the party in the tavern instead. Resolution: fixed. Players already trapped in the tavern need to exit it for the event to start correctly.

Areas
  • Amiri may not appear in the beginning of Flintlock Grassland area and the story events don't start in this case. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri returns as not active companion after the events at Flintlock Grassland. If the player takes her into the party she may be not visible and not controllable. Resolution: fixed.
  • There may be infinite loading after entering the portal at Temple of the Elk. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bokken may disappear from Oleg's Tradind Post in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Chief Sootscale can't be killed if the player returns to the first level of the Old Sycamore Dungeon after the "baronation" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • Tristian may not leave the location after meeting with Raven. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players are unable to reach the Hunting Grounds area - required for Ekun quest - if they decided not to participate in the Noble Safari event earlier. Resolution: fixed.
  • There may be issue with Tristian behavior at Vordakai's Tomb. Resolution: fixed.
  • The certain cutscene may freeze during the final fight at the first level of Vordakai's Tomb. Resolution: fixed.
  • Party may lack camp rations at Vordakai's Tomb. Resolution: camp rations are added at Vordakai's Tomb.
  • Loot can't be picked up at Ruins of the Old Tower area. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Description of Cloak of Resistance +2 stated that it gives +1 resistance bonus to saving throws despite it actually giving +2. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • The wizard's list of spell includes spells from the previous levels during Level-Up. Resolution: fixed.
  • Missing description for some abilities in class progression table for example for Sage Sorcerer. Resolution: class progression table was improved.
  • On of the Chinese character is missing in ZH localization. Resolution: fixed.
  • There is no option to see the day of the week (required for some quests). Resolution: the day of the week is available in the hourglass tooltip.
  • There are cases when quest's objectives are not visible in the Quest Journal, for example for Twice-Born Warlord quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • A bunch of new unique icons added (mostly for wands and potions).
  • An "Arcane spell failure chance" string are visible in divination casters spellbook. Resolution: the string is removed.
  • Amiri portrait is doubled in party choice interface. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • When the boss of the chapter is overcome on the exact day a kingdom should be defeated, the corresponding event that is destroying your kingdom is removed.
  • Technic League Encampment is inaccessible during artisan's quest to get inubrix. Resolution: fixed.
  • If Kassil was chosen as ambassador and then was killed at Flintlock Grassland he might appear during coronation event at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed.
  • Varnhold and Pitax settlements are not working. Resolution: fixed.

Classes
  • Jaethal is not immune to negative levels. Resolution: fixed.
  • Feyspeaker archetype of druid previously has orisons that wrongly based their DCs on Wisdom, instead of scaling off Charisma like all other Feyspeaker spells. Resolution: Feyspeaker orisons scale their DCs off Charisma.
  • At character creation, the game does not change stat recommendation for Feyspeaker, pointing the Wisdom as recommended and Charisma as not recommended. Resolution: Charisma is a recommended stat for Feyspeaker.
  • Vital Strike feat does not give the appropriate usable ability. Resolution: fixed.
  • Extra Arcane Pool feat does not increase the pool of Eldritch Scions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Weapon Training bonus isn't shown in the tooltips of attack rolls. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hideous Laughter requires target intelligence to be higher than 2 for you to be able to cast it. This, combined with penalties for Weak Enemies (default setting for enemy difficulty on Easy Mode and Story Mode), lead to the case that some enemies in this weakened state are too dumb to get the jokes. Resolution: fixed, the Hideous Laughter now takes only the base intelligence of the target into account.
  • Greater Vital Strike has the same description as normal Vital Strike. Resolution: Greater Vital Strike now has correct description.
  • Duelist Precise Strike has no description and is not visible in the class progression table and in the character ability list. It also works only for characters with a sneak attack. Resolution: both problems are fixed.
  • Players may select Point-Blank Master, Slashing Grace and Fencing Grace while not having Weapon Focus/Weapon Specialization with an appropriate weapon. This lead to the case when they see an empty list of available selection. Resolution: Slashing Grace now requires Weapon Focus with a one-handed slashing weapon, Fencing Grace requires Weapon Focus with a one-handed piercing weapon and Point Blank Master requires Weapon Specialization with a ranged weapon.
  • Freedom of Movement is classified as a Necromancy spell. Resolution: Freedom of Movement properly counts as an Abjuration spell now.

Misc
  • FX trails may work not correctly after multiple save/load. Resolution: fixed.
    New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH.

System
  • There are reports of quits to the main menu when changing scenes on rare occasions. Resolution: more logging is added and a temporary workaround is implemented (there should be no quits but area lighting may not work correctly).

Personally I've just completed Chapter 2 and haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever (apart from some minor UI glitches) yet. Please share whether your issues were fixed by this last Hotfix, I'm trying to decide whether I should continue playing or it's better to wait a couple of weeks for most of the issues to be fixed, as some people report that starting from Chapter 4 there are quite a few bugs.

Wotkar

Oct 27, 2017
except when they didn't do so well with these patches they are really doing well with these patches

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
what's the point of copying recipe option when all it does is auto choose Hearty Meal?

Have you clicked on manage before you rest? From there you can select any of recipes that you have ingredients for and assign group members to various jobs. Some comps love certain meals and they get special bonuses like:
Amiri - Monster Stew
Valerie - Galt Ragout

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It turns out my problem with Regongar has to do with he somehow has the "Disintegrate" status, yet has been alive for several in game months, only now it's finally killing him or something. I see a few murmurs about this bug on the steam forums but not a lot. Really annoying. Hopefully this or another hotfix will fix it soon. Or I just let him die and get on with life lol.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Ok so, im dying to get this game and dump dragon quest xi for the moment. Should I just buy it or wait? I wont be gaming a lot during the week so it will propably take a long time to get to later chapters so they will propably be able to balance and fix possible bugs before I reach them. What do you guys think?

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Another hotfix same day!

Hotfix 1.0.6:
Hello everyone!

The weekend is coming, and the team is doing its best to solve some more issues before our dear pathfinders will have well-deserved opportunity to relax and play after another long workweek. It happens we have a chance to publish one more hotfix today.

Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • The Secluded Lodge area has an empty caption on the Global Map during the "Deal with the Devil" quest. Resolution: fixed.
  • The option to give an Emerald Necklace to Kimo was not available. Resolution: fixed.
  • "A Score to Settle" quest did not work correctly if the player met Ekun after Kargadd was killed. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some quest characters did not appear at the Capital Square during companion quests under certain circumstances. Resolution: fixed.

Areas
  • In some cases, players couldn't return Bartholomew his whip. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players complained about a missing part of the Storyteller dialogue in the Throne Room – there was no option to sell mementos. Resolution: fixed.
  • Flintlock Grasslands area will no longer be inaccessible after all events are completed in that location (this is to reduce the size of save files).
  • In some cases, after the dialogue with Amiri at the end of Flintlock Grasslands only Amiri stayed under player's control - the rest of the party could go missing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Incorrect loot icon on the Map of Old Sycamore Dungeon (no loot was available, in fact). Resolution: fixed.
  • The wrong dialogue could start with captive Amiri at Flintlock Grasslands. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some area elements could be loaded incorrectly during the "Burying the Past" quest at Ruined Watchtower. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bartholomew's dialogue at Wizard's Laboratory could sometimes display incorrect answer options. Resolution: fixed.
  • One of the options in the dialogue with Alex Covenorb was recursive and didn't allow to end the dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bartholomew related events could become broken in case of his early death from the Troll/bandits/random monsters. Resolution: fixed.
  • The player could miss a few important doors at the Sepulcher of Forgotten Heroes area. Resolution: the doors are highlighted to draw the player's attention.

Items
  • Save/load could corrupt items in the Baron's chest - they lost their magical features until the next save/load while they are in the party Inventory. Resolution: fixed. All items that were corrupted have been restored.
  • There were no options to learn feats to use the following exotic weapons: Dwarven Urgrosh, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe, Two-bladed Sword. Resolution: "Exotic Weapon Proficiency" feat has the corresponding choices now.
  • Such exotic weapons as the Gnome Hooked Hammer, Orc Double Axe и Sling Staff were not counted as special weapon for gnomes, half-orcs and halflings accordingly. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • There were issues with "Combat text", "Party information in combat", "Enemy information in combat" (so called Overtips settings) and "Dialogue" settings : 1) players did not understand that these settings are stored within the save file; 2) the value of these settings could be changed by switching "Immersion Mode". Resolution: the Overtips and "Dialogue" settings are moved to "Difficulty" page of the Options. Difficulty page is no longer available form Main Menu.
  • Cleric couldn't be level-upped if there were no options in domain progression. Resolution: fixed.
  • Spells from another character's spells list could show up during a caster level-up. Resolution: fixed.
  • Key binding for the tactical pause is displayed correctly in the tutorial message now.

Kingdom
  • The "Invincible Kingdom" option was added. When turned on, your barony or kingdom will not be destroyed even when its state drops below Crumbling. This option is switched on by default for the "Story mode" difficulty. Please note that story critical events tied to the main threat of the chapter can still destroy your kingdom! However, you will get several warnings before that happens.
  • The artisan Bokken would come every time you get to the Throne Room with the same dialogue. Resolution: fixed.
  • Different cutscenes would sometimes start at the same time at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed for all new save files. Be aware that the current saves may still suffer from this issue, unfortunately.
  • Some visitors (artisans) had wrong dialogues at Throne Room. Resolution: fixed.

Classes
  • Characters lost Protection From Energy effect after load. Resolution: fixed.
    Misc
  • Wrong sound effects for druid wild shape transformations. Resolution: fixed.
    New pack of localization fixes for FR, DE, ZH (mostly).

---------------------------------

Ok so, im dying to get this game and dump dragon age xi for the moment. Should I just buy it or wait? I wont be gaming a lot during the week so it will propably take a long time to get to later chapters so they will propably be able to balance and fix possible bugs before I reach them. What do you guys think?
I've just completed Chapter 2, clocking about couple dozen hours, and haven't personally encountered any bugs whasoever so far (apart from some minor UI glitches). So if you don't have too much time to play right now, it's quite likely that most bugs in the later chapters will already be fixed when you reach those chapters. There is just one issue right now: long loading times, which is quite annoying as you encounter a lot of loading screens; they have promised to look into that and to try to fix that in the first major patch (expected around October 22 or a bit later). If you can put up with long loading times, I say plunge into this game right now.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Say if one were at a certain trading outpost and was saddled with a time limit, how long would one need to leave to not fail the game after wandering around doing random stuff.