• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
4_0_0LivestreamDetailsHeader.jpg

t1573851600z1.png

On the morning of Saturday November 16th (New Zealand time), we're kicking off our ExileCon convention with a livestreamed keynote presentation that will announce several large expansions such as 3.9.0 (December 2019) and 4.0.0 (approximately December 2020). This livestream will be a must-watch event for Path of Exile fans, regardless of whether they're attending the convention or not. We'll update this news post with additional information as it becomes available.

When is the Livestream?

The presentation officially starts at 10am New Zealand time on Saturday November 16th. This is early afternoon in America on Friday November 15th, and late in the evening in Europe that day. We're likely to start a pre-show with streamer speculation around an hour before the presentation officially begins.

In your local timezone, the main presentation will begin at: Nov 15, 2019 4:00 PM (EST)

How long will it run for?

The main keynote presentation is around an hour in length, and will be followed with other content throughout the two days (see below).

How can I watch it?

We'll be streaming it on our official Twitch channel
www.twitch.tv/pathofexile
and are investigating other streaming platforms also.

What will be announced?

During the keynote presentation, we plan to announce several in-development projects such as the 3.9.0 expansion and 4.0.0 mega-expansion, with gameplay footage. We'll dive into the new content and systems being introduced by these two large expansions.

What else is being streamed from ExileCon?

Aside from the keynote announcement presentation, we have a busy streaming schedule across two days and are planning to stream content like:

• Dedicated talks that dive deeply into the contents of both 3.9.0 and 4.0.0, in more detail than the keynote.
  • A live gameplay demo of some 4.0.0 content.
  • Prominent community streamers hosting panels and interviewing developers (schedule to be announced in the coming weeks)
  • The ExileCon racing finale, where four top racers from our community compete for prizes.

Will you be running Twitch Drops during the livestream?

Yes! Find out more information
here

What if I can't watch the livestream as it happens? Will a video of it be posted afterwards?

Yes. We'll post information about where to find it closer to the event.

Will announcement pages for the new expansions be released as usual?

Yes, as soon as they are announced on the stream.

This is the mega expansion that will be released late 2020 to compete against Diablo 4. VERY interested to see what POE has up their sleeves.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Stream starts at 3 PM btw, it's just the keynote itself starts at 4 PM

Also this is likely going to slap blizz in the face so I'm excited

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Lets see this "Diablo 4 killer." Curious what new systems they might add.

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
Super excited. Not sure how much of it i'll be able to watch live though 😔

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I want to watch this live but I'm on a boat and will be in Nassau for the first few hours.

I'll catch up later. Hope it's everything we want it to be.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to what they came up with. Are we expecting an evolution or just stronger iteration on what they have?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting a whole lot of actual mechanic/gameplay type changes in 4.0, but I'm really looking forward to just seeing it in action.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a graphic and animation overhaul for 4.0. With some big new endgame content besides elder/shaper (cmon beyonder realm)

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a graphic and animation overhaul for 4.0. With some big new endgame content besides elder/shaper (cmon beyonder realm)

God knows it needs the animation overhaul. It's one of the reasons I've never had the "game feel" click with me. Everything lacks weight, nothing feels very punchy. Yes I can make cool builds and have things die very fast, but I want impacts to have...impact. Fingers crossed this is part of 4.0

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Never played it, but after hearing about it on the Easy Allies podcast I am now strangely intrigued. Would this latest update be a good place to jump in?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
God knows it needs the animation overhaul. It's one of the reasons I've never had the "game feel" click with me. Everything lacks weight, nothing feels very punchy. Yes I can make cool builds and have things die very fast, but I want impacts to have...impact. Fingers crossed this is part of 4.0
You should have played bleedquake (not sure if it's still a thing), most satisfying thing i've experienced in the genre
It's on there, controls suck and it's online only unfortunately.
Online only makes sense for a few reasons, but one of the big ones is memory limitations on consoles.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Yep. This is me too. I have tried so so so many times and over the years put almost 100 hours into it butttttttttttt it's never quite got there for me. It just still feels wrong to me. If they ever get to a point where the feel, feels like I want it to then it's probably my perfect game.

So yea super duper excited to see what they say.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
D4 killer is the wrong way to look at 4.0 since D4 won't even be out for like 4+ years. PoE will likely be in 5.0 by that time or close to it.

Im just using their wording. I don't know if they literally said "D4 Killer" but Im pretty sure they said PoE 4.0 is our answer to D4.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh nice, I've put a lot of time and money into this game, so I'm hoping 4.0 is awesome.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Amazing game but they really need to step it up with the console versions. Extremely poor performance and frequent crashes completely ruin the experience. Players have been reporting these issues on the official forums since those versions released and they're still not up to scratch.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dang excited for this after getting into PoE a bit after getting the arpg itch following D4's announcement (tried getting back into D3 first, but christ is that game just boring as hell)

The leaked 4.0 footage also looked pretty amazing even though it's only like 4 seconds of footage

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
Very interested in what they'll be doing in 4.0 but honestly just as, or more, interested in 3.9 since that is a few weeks away and 4.0 is probably close to a year away.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game but they really need to step it up with the console versions. Extremely poor performance and frequent crashes completely ruin the experience. Players have been reporting these issues on the official forums since those versions released and they're still not up to scratch.

IMO you will have to wait for the next generation and their new processors

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Supposedly Kripparrian is in the Con, could be something big coming for the game for him to attend.

When he was actively playing PoE and semi-competing in leagues he was big part in shaping league metas because of his fast understanding of the game balance and synergies etc.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly Kripparrian is in the Con, could be something big coming for the game for him to attend.

When he was actively playing PoE and semi-competing in leagues he was big part in shaping league metas because of his fast understanding of the game balance and synergies etc.
It's their biggest announcement to date, and he's one of the original big PoE streamers. Of course he's going to be there. He still plays PoE from time to time.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They're announcing 4.0, which is their answer to competition like D4. There's a very short (like 4 seconds) leaked piece of footage from what people assume is 4.0. Looks completely overhauled visually and in terms of animations

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I should get into this game. The last time I tried though the skill tree felt very overwhelming to the point that I felt like i should be doing some research, but I never got around to it.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I should get into this game. The last time I tried though the skill tree felt very overwhelming to the point that I felt like i should be doing some research, but I never got around to it.
Find a build that looks fun, follow it and then you'll slowly start to learn how the game works and can start making your own. Going in blind and just trying to learn it all on your own can be very hard and will turn a lot of people off.

Bring on 4.0 details!!

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a real itch for playing a game like this lately, the only one i've really played that's similar is Diablo 3 at launch and Baldurs gate way back in the day.

Is it easy to jump in? Is it easy to do dungeons etc with other random players?