• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The gear and skill gem changes are such a huge switch up, and it totally makes sense. It's really exciting to see how they're moving ARPG gameplay forward.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Looks quite good, but as the other fellow said, is a game without soul.

And hyperbolic 'rip diablo' is nonsense, diablo is years away, calma down people.

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a bit worried about how drastically the socket change is going to alter the economy but no sense dwelling on it until its up and running I suppose. New engine changes look really nice, the bell carrying boss fight was pretty sick

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like skill gems have the sockets and you just put the right support gems into the skill?
Yes. The issue with the current system is that it is so heavily centered on having a primary skill on a 6-link. Now it's all dependent on the gems themselves and not so restrictive on gear.

Nov 8, 2017
It sucks that it's a year away. I'm tired of the current campaign. I want that new skill system so much.

At least conquerors of the atlas looks good.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth jumping in in advance of the jump to 2 or should I wait as a newcomer? Assuming we have any idea at all.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

What is this nonsense? GGG has devoted well over a decade to making this game possible and supporting this game without any of its microtransactions getting in the way. At the surface someone who isn't well versed in both games would say one looks like the other but in reality PoE plays far differently than Diablo ever did and offers a complete RPG experience that Diablo 3 didn't have in an ARPG market.

And hyperbolic 'rip diablo' is nonsense, diablo is years away, calma down people.

With the way their budget cuts have been happening I'm not holding my breath for US east datacenters which was an extremely shitty way to treat their US players. At least GGG has D.C server I can connect to and play at minimal ms. If you play in New York in Diablo 3 you're forced to connect to LA servers and experience 85-100 MS. That alone makes it an inferior game.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit worried about how drastically the socket change is going to alter the economy but no sense dwelling on it until its up and running I suppose. New engine changes look really nice, the bell carrying boss fight was pretty sick
This is the change i'm most excited about. I wanted sockets system to be changed for so, so long.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I enjoyed my time with PoE but the inventory management tetris game (manually, across multiple tabs) was a large factor in killing my desire to continue to play... well that and a cliff wall of difficulty increase as I hit what was "endgame" for the time.

Certainly the most creative skill build system out there, and I love the move away from armor sockets. That's a great change.

I'll try it again once this update lands!

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I figure not much will change with the economy outside of gems being worth more than just quality.

It really hinges on how passives and mods will work in poe2 since those are also getting reworked.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
How I wish this would make them release a offline complete goty edition of the first game. I''d buy it in an instant. I don't play online only games.

HellBlazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
So are all these new changes going to be applied to the original campaign as well?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Holy
Shit

This is so much more than I expected from GGG. The art style is SOOOOOO much better! The UI is SOOOOOO much better!

GOD DAMN!

This is coming to consoles, too!?

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
This is so cool. I love that all these changes are being rolled back into the original game campaign too. That kind of continuity is just really great to see in a game. It's truly going to make for a huge epic experience once it's all out.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
What is this nonsense? GGG has devoted well over a decade to making this game possible and supporting this game without any of its microtransactions getting in the way. At the surface someone who isn't well versed in both games would say one looks like the other but in reality PoE plays far differently than Diablo ever did and offers a complete RPG experience that Diablo 3 didn't have in an ARPG market.

With the way their budget cuts have been happening I'm not holding my breath for US east datacenters which was an extremely shitty way to treat their US players. At least GGG has D.C server I can connect to and play at minimal ms. If you play in New York in Diablo 3 you're forced to connect to LA servers and experience 85-100 MS. That alone makes it an inferior game.
I played Diablo 3 yesterday from Québec city

My ping was 29-30 the whole night. What are you even talking about

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

A game without soul? Lmao Poe is made by some of the most passionate arpg fans out there.

I'm from quebec city too always had 100ms ping in d3. There's no us east servers so I have no idea how you can reach 30ms.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

Not sure what to say to this other than I'm on Diablo 3 right now and have 94-105 MS simply because I'm connecting to an LA server, and this is an issue that I've seen get discussed a ton with other players on the East Coast, for many many years. The crux of this argument is that Diablo 3 only has datacenters in Los Angeles but PoE has 3 in America alone. It is a huge issue for Diablo 3 and I don't see it changing for Diablo 4.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Looks awesome. I stopped somewhere in Act 2 in the second game. Got a little bored playing by myself. Was fun though. I should get back into it.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i never played poe since i felt it's too late to start now, but i'd definitely try this out

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been able to watch any of the deep dive stuff, but did they actually kill off 6 of their 7 main characters? Like is the new marauder a different character or something? Because that's pretty crazy.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So if I start playing PoE now on PS4 that will carry over since this is essentially the 4.0 patch or did I get that wrong?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
bE8JAp7.png

Beastmaster YES! I hope it's good and useful. Though current Specter is a good charm situation where you get monster pets, and I love it already.
<3 BST

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
So if I start playing PoE now on PS4 that will carry over since this is essentially the 4.0 patch or did I get that wrong?
Yes in Standard mode, but you should create new character every 3 months when new league releases anyway :)

---
I haven't been able to watch any of the deep dive stuff, but did they actually kill off 6 of their 7 main characters? Like is the new marauder a different character or something? Because that's pretty crazy.
Thats just nice class selection cutscene.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
looks incredible, a big step up from poe 1 which i couldn't really get into that much.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is so cool. I love that all these changes are being rolled back into the original game campaign too. That kind of continuity is just really great to see in a game. It's truly going to make for a huge epic experience once it's all out.
That seems like a good reason for me to hold off after all lol

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn, those changes are massive. 3.9 sounds great as well. GGG doing some work.

Now please do something about trading/bots

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow! I mean I don't follow the game that well but was a sequel expected?

And so good to see this. If only to light a fire under Blizzard's ass.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I see it's more like a big patch revamp kinda thing but damn it's looking good. If their also touching on the original game I might jump back in (tried the game ages ago but didn't grab me) when it's all up to date.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please have more options for those of us who don't want to be playing dudes.

Really don't see that happening. Feel like they would have said it if there was something like a male/female option for each class in PoE2. Besides, with them being a far smaller studio than something like Blizzard, one has to imagine that they don't have the same kind of resources. With PoE's talent tree system you also have an insane amount of build freedom to build regardless of which class you choose, and it only sounds like that will be even more true in PoE2