• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Amazing haha, Greg was the first thought after I saw this. Nice one, I'd love to give it a try.

Jun 23, 2019
I'm currently trying to go through the first game again and man I don't remember the game being this tedious and boring.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Does this mean the FF7R Demo is also coming out on the 30th since they were "leaked" together or does that not have anything to do with it?

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
For anyone who is shy about this release because they believe they experienced lag in the remaster of the first game, don't be, because you were incorrect.

Playing the original Patapon game on the PS4 is 100% lag free just like it is on the PSP/Vita if you do so on a lag-free display. Even low-lag HDTVs can possibly affect the experience.

If you don't have a lag-free display, you can still play it perfectly if you have a PSVR headset (2D mode of course). The device doesn't have any preceptible lag, and I've had a great time playing Patapon that way. I'm sure this sequel will work just as well.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Really should get roudn to playing the first one, such a cute series! Glad they're being made easily available

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
source.gif

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
For those of you that enjoy Patapon: should I check out the first one or just jump into 2?

Jun 23, 2019
For anyone who is shy about this release because they believe they experienced lag in the remaster of the first game, don't be, because you were incorrect.

Playing the original Patapon game on the PS4 is 100% lag free just like it is on the PSP/Vita if you do so on a lag-free display. Even low-lag HDTVs can possibly affect the experience.

If you don't have a lag-free display, you can still play it perfectly if you have a PSVR headset (2D mode of course). The device doesn't have any preceptible lag, and I've had a great time playing Patapon that way. I'm sure this sequel will work just as well.

Sorry, I can't agree with this. The game has noticeable input lag that isn't being affected by just your display.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
^^^ My rhythm timing is the same whether I play the remastered first game on the PS4 (using PSVR's 2D mode) or the Vita's emulated PSP version.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Patapon 2 made a bunch of improvements to the formula of the first game, IMO. Still a little grindy for my tastes, but with much more variety to the things you could do.

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017

Define "lag-free display" - my display is on Game mode and it was still enough lag to make it frustrating to play.

This is a game for a home console where the display is not under their control, unlike the PSP/Vita. They need to account for that. Rock Band and tons of other games have no issues with this.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
1st is still my most played. Burned out hard at the 2nd because i played them too close together. The game is crazy good though, maybe it's time to revisit.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Out of nowhere. Bought

Although using inferior NA Purple theme instead of superior European & Japanese Green theme bah.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I never really played this outside the demo, but always heard great things about the game. Since it's cheap and I'm looking for something to easily pick up and enjoy, I'll bite on this game.