• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I'm really curious what the "proper policies" are for restraining a passenger that physically assaulted people. At first I thought it was just standard "suspend until investigation, which they definitely won't be found of wrongdoing and will get back pay", but this is some bullshit if it's suspended for "not following proper policies for restraining a passenger".

Oct 29, 2017
I've been on two trips since June. Three of four flights had some type of nonsense on them. Yesterday, some guy got in trouble over an Mask. Also, someone let their three children sit alone in an section. The oldest child looked no older than 10. She was trying to take care of an 8 year old and an two year old. The infant cried 5 hours straight.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm really curious what the "proper policies" are for restraining a passenger that physically assaulted people. At first I thought it was just standard "suspend until investigation, which they definitely won't be found of wrongdoing and will get back pay", but this is some bullshit if it's suspended for "not following proper policies for restraining a passenger".

It might be the use of duct tape. There are apparently cable ties on the plane for this specific purpose.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I've been on two trips since June. Three of four flights had some type of nonsense on them. Yesterday, some guy got in trouble over an Mask. Also, someone let their three children sit alone in an section. The oldest child looked no older than 10. She was trying to take care of an 8 year old and an two year old. The infant cried 5 hours straight.
Which airlines?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Doesn't it require taking them to the back of the plane or just not in the main cabin?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
That video has a definite "fuck around and find out" energy.

Those flight attendants should be getting medals, not suspended though.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He is not treating others like a human being and was restrained as such, even without any violence.
You need to reward those guys and not suspend them.

May 14, 2021
He is not treating others like a human being and was restrained as such, even without any violence.
You need to reward those guys and not suspend them.
It's policy whenever there's an incident.

"During a flight from Philadelphia to Miami on July 31, a passenger made inappropriate physical contact with a flight attendant and subsequently physically assaulted another flight attendant. As a result, the passenger needed to be restrained until the flight landed in Miami and law enforcement arrived. The flight attendants will be, as required in such circumstances, relieved of flying pending completion of investigation of the events."

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'd hate to be a flight attendant in these times.

People are absolute animals

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Next time I'm in a bad situation I am going to shout about how rich my grandmother is too, that seems like a real power move.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's policy whenever there's an incident.

"During a flight from Philadelphia to Miami on July 31, a passenger made inappropriate physical contact with a flight attendant and subsequently physically assaulted another flight attendant. As a result, the passenger needed to be restrained until the flight landed in Miami and law enforcement arrived. The flight attendants will be, as required in such circumstances, relieved of flying pending completion of investigation of the events."
In an additional statement, Frontier took a shot a the flight crew, though.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounded like a flight from Philly to Miami or Frontier.

Which sounds an awful lot like a subway ride from City Hall to Pattison Ave for an Eagles game.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So why did we fire victims who were sexually harassed in front of everyone by a giant bag of shit?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Sorry if I missed it somewhere but were the proper policies for restraining a passenger ever clarified anywhere?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The more stories come out like this, the more I'm glad I stay with either Southwest or Delta.

And I want to know what proper procedures were supposed to be followed after getting attacked?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, what is the procedure in this instance? Dude is literally STRIKING an employee after GROPING two employees. You have to restrain him.

I feel like they DID follow the procedure... like, this seems to be what happens everything I read about violent passengers.

The suspension is bizarre

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The more stories come out like this, the more I'm glad I stay with either Southwest or Delta.

And I want to know what proper procedures were supposed to be followed after getting attacked?

Reading the Twitter comments from other stewards it's more about obstructing his ability to breath. Wrists and ankles, not chest and mouth. Fug this dude anyways.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Good, fuck that guy. But also, why do we keep seeing duct tape incidents, do they not have other restraints?
Maybe they use duct-tape to fix all kinds of things on the plane, and so they avoid buying other methods to restrain passengers as there's always plenty of it around.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It just teaches kids that adults can't and won't help them. Because even if you get beat up, you still get in trouble.
DepuUJGUcAAyHGf.jpg

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been amazing if the fuckface pissed himself while being taped down lol

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Hopefully ends in charges for the little shit stain who pulled this crap, and the suspended crew getting a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again in the form of "re-training". Wonder if his family are the type to defend their scumbag spawn, or the type that'll publicly slam them? Hopefully the latter.