• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks good. It's just a shame that it is such a shameless copy - so much talent and effort is required to create this.. why not make sure that what you are offering is unique? Seems like a waste.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pascal's Wager should be a game about someone accepting Pascal's Wager and trying to simultaneously live by the rules of as many gods as they can before time runs out.

#molyneux

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Super shameless ripoff of Souls / Bloodborne aesthetic.

MMJwnsw.jpg

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a Korean MMO to me because of the character designs (especially the female). it looks good for what it is, but the high heels combat just made me laugh. It looks so ridiculous on something that's trying to be 100% Dark Souls.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's footage of it on YT if anyone's curious. Based on what I watched of a 45-minute video, I'm gonna pass. The EN voice acting in particular is really bad.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks good. It's just a shame that it is such a shameless copy - so much talent and effort is required to create this.. why not make sure that what you are offering is unique? Seems like a waste.
Unique and original is difficult and risky. Ripping off what's already popular on a platform where it doesn't exist is easier and far more likely to pay off.

A.M.

Community Resettler
Playing for thirty minutes so far.

Impressions:

-Rather clunky in regards to rolling (I know, a major in a "soulsborne" game.), as well as general environmental collision (overcompensating a tad... but I can understand that, for this type of game on mobile.)
-No ability to create your own character? Seems you're stuck with the story's main characters (Female & Male).
-Ooph, feels like they designed the starting character as a sort of... Geralt 0.5? Right down to the voice lol
-No parry/riposte so far... that's worrisome...
-Sound quality is top notch!
-Runs perfectly on my XS Max (Shouldn't be surprised, though... lol)
-Graphics rival Dark Souls 1, I'd say... for those that care about graphics and all that. They got the vibe down.
-Damn, does it feel like a sterile Souls-esque game... (Neither a good, nor bad thing.)
-VA is... subpar? They did their best, but... eesh... you can tell they were limited in that aspect.
-I love their version of "bonfires" or whatever have you. It's... unique. (Have to see for yourself.)

All that aside, it seems like a decent Souls-eque game... if you're itching for one on the go. Another game it reminds me of, is "Animus" on the iOS store, by 10Birds. Both are more or less exact Souls-esque games. Neither are bad... Animus is... decent... and I'm feeling like this will be as well. Nothing amazing, but it works for a Souls-esque game.

So... yeah, I feel like it's worth the entry price of $6.99. \o/

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I have an iPhone 11 and after trying the bad Zelda Breath of the Wild clone(Oceanhorn 2) on Apple Arcade i can't wait to play this bad Dark Souls clone

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it yesterday, and it's pretty decent with a controller. Doesn't rival Souls in any department but it's more than adequate if you want to scratch that itch on mobile.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
does anyone know how many levels this has? i'm at the end of the third and if it's going to be significantly more than what i've played i might drop this

it's been fun but it gets monotonous and the level design is really bland

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Game was just updated with a "Casual Mode" :

28th February
Major Content Update: FREE

1:Casual Mode added

Based on our Communities feedback and Player request, we've added the hidden guidepost which will help players better explore the world of Solas to the fullest!
Along with this, Players can expect a boost to all characters which will allow them an edge to excel in combat with the many foes they will surely come to encounter.
This should allow all players of various levels of skill to enjoy the deep story and exciting world of Solas!

They are also shooting for a May release for Android. More at their website.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Game is on sale for the first time (according to my price tracker) if anyone is interested. I picked it up yesterday and quite enjoy it so far! There's also a new DLC out and Android release is now slated for 25th of June.