• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
What? no misogynistic fuels the misogynistic on twitch not this.
This does not help. When Twitch is completely silent on a clearly banworthy issue, the community pushes the narrative that it's about women showing their chests getting away with everything on the platform. There should've been an immediate ban, and by not doing it they're giving their toxic community the room to declare it an act of female streamers getting special treatment. Then that group of misogynists is able to grow without anything to counter their beliefs.

Bottom line, inaction is a form of action. Twitch needs to be more proactive and consistent, or else their awful woman-hating community will continue to grow out of control.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A small streamer i follow broken 1 rule and was banned for 5 months, she breaks all of them and still on the Twitch, Twitch is so damn pathetic..

Alinity makes Twitch (Amazon) a ton of cash per month between their cut of her Twitch subscriptions, ad revenue and donations (bits).

She's probably up there in the top 20 in terms of revenue / content engagement. In short she'd have to execute a cat on stream for them to even consider giving her a permaban.

Truly pathetic.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A small streamer i follow broken 1 rule and was banned for 5 months, she breaks all of them and still on the Twitch, Twitch is so damn pathetic..
Could you tell me what the streamer actually did? Because Twitch usually goes for their 3 strikes system and none of those strikes include a 5 month ban. Also the longest ban is usually a whole month, and after that you get usually perma'd (even tho there is nothing called "perma ban" within the Twitch rules). I'm just curious in what situation you could end up with 5 months.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Could you tell me what the streamer actually did? Because Twitch usually goes for their 3 strikes system and none of those strikes include a 5 month ban. Also the longest ban is usually a whole month, and after that you get usually perma'd (even tho there is nothing called "perma ban" within the Twitch rules). I'm just curious in what situation you could end up with 5 months.
I mean couldn't it have been an indefinite ban that was reversed?

May 9, 2018
Mainstream coverage:

Some new info:

On Reddit, Mogollon has once again been dubbed a "stupid Twitch thot" — the same slur PewDiePie used last year.

Mogollon claims that the online abuse has even spilled over into the real world. "Please stop coming to my house and asking my neighbours where I am," she wrote Sunday. "Its [sic] actually really scary."

Amid the trolling replies telling her the people coming to her house were deportation officials or animal welfare officers, it appeared at least a few users seemed to think the whole drama had gone too far.

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Are Keemstars tweets allowed on this site?

I won't link it, but he tweeted that he has the dirt that Alinity has on Twitch staff and is the reason why she gets away with so much stuff that others have been banned for. Obviously it's a BIG IF, if he has this info or if it's real, but just out of curiosities sake if this is true it wouldn't surprise me as a running joke among ALL popular streamers is that Alinity has dirt on staff.

Coming from a pet owner, the fact she gave her cat vodka, even if it was a lick, really made me mad to my bones.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that subreddit is pretty scary and sad at the same time

oh and fuck keemstar btw,no matter what alinity does in the future she will never be a scumbag like him

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
I won't link it, but he tweeted that he has the dirt that Alinity has on Twitch staff and is the reason why she gets away with so much stuff that others have been banned for. Obviously it's a BIG IF, if he has this info or if it's real, but just out of curiosities sake if this is true it wouldn't surprise me as a running joke among ALL popular streamers is that Alinity has dirt on staff.
Yeah I saw those too. Really good chance that we see the dirt within the next week or so if it exists.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
i2Y2yIl.png

Wow. This is apparently a screenshot from her Discord channel. Not even going to act surprised, Twitch proves how absolutely and utterly incompetent they are yet again when it comes to these incidents. Embarrassing.

It's not incompetence. They know what they are doing. These streamers are the ones that make them money, as they aren't going to cast away a golden goose while it can still shit out Golden eggs.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not incompetence. They know what they are doing. These streamers are the ones that make them money, as they aren't going to cast away a golden goose while it can still shit out Golden eggs.

Not sure why people keep posting this when they've banned far more popular streamers than her, she just gets away with shit constantly.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
she should treat her cats better.

lots of realllllly slimy spreading rumors about women going on in this thread.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Alinity makes Twitch (Amazon) a ton of cash per month between their cut of her Twitch subscriptions, ad revenue and donations (bits).

She's probably up there in the top 20 in terms of revenue / content engagement. In short she'd have to execute a cat on stream for them to even consider giving her a permaban.

Truly pathetic.

Doubtful. She's not even in the Top 100 streamers in terms of follower count.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this girl also get caught for selling her underwear last year? Yeah, real class act.

What the fuck?

i2Y2yIl.png

Wow. This is apparently a screenshot from her Discord channel. Not even going to act surprised, Twitch proves how absolutely and utterly incompetent they are yet again when it comes to these incidents. Embarrassing.

Unreal.

Are Keemstars tweets allowed on this site?

Coming from a pet owner, the fact she gave her cat vodka, even if it was a lick, really made me mad to my bones.

Can you PM me the details?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
she should treat her cats better.

lots of realllllly slimy spreading rumors about women going on in this thread.

Going to happen when things extend past initial awareness and discussion into continual flogging. Not surprised she is getting IRL threats at this point. Twitch should have given her a ban and some sort of joint clearance by the ASPCA/some volunteer work should have been the end of it.

Didn't this girl also get caught for selling her underwear last year? Yeah, real class act.

Is that against Twitch TOS?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good point. Makes me wonder why so many people care about how a cat is treated when, as far as I know, most people eat animals.

Edit: factory farmed animals
Wow, so to you, you can't possibly care for an animal's wellbeing if you eat meat? Ok, I haven't eaten a land or air animal since 2004, you ok with me calling out shitty behaviour committed against her cat?

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Guys throw cash donations and bits at her like no other streamer I've ever browsed.

Large donations. Good money.

Twitch doesn't see a cut of cash donations via PayPal, which I'd wager are the majority she receives compared to bits. I don't really follow her though, so maybe I'm wrong on that. I've always seen "tips/donations" as the primary driver over bits though. Is she the exception to that situation?

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 day): Trolling, attempted thread derailment.
Wow, so to you, you can't possibly care for an animal's wellbeing if you eat meat? Ok, I haven't eaten a land or air animal since 2004, you ok with me calling out shitty behaviour committed against her cat?
No, you are obviously able care for an animal as a meat eater, but think it's hypocritical. I'm interested to see an argument how it isn't.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
User banned (3 days): Downplaying animal abuse.
My roommate's cats jump off of higher ledges.. also out of people's arms when they try to pick them up.

It's the alcohol that's actually bad for the cat.. you can see it retching just from a little taste. This streamer's dumbass behavior is being enabled via donations from thirsty guys in their dark bedrooms.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My roommate's cats jump off of higher ledges.. also out of people's arms when they try to pick them up.

It's the alcohol that's actually bad for the cat.. you can see it retching just from a little taste. This streamer's dumbass behavior is being enabled via donations from thirsty guys in their dark bedrooms.

My dog jumps off the couch, but I'm not going to throw her off. It's not the same thing.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
No, you are obviously able care for an animal as a meat eater, but think it's hypocritical. I'm interested to see an argument how it isn't.
Then why do you oh so casually wonder why people would care how an animal is treated. They connect to animals like they do with their pets. You're coming at this like a first year college student that is figuring out the world. People can care very deeply about how an animal, any animal and even not all animals, are treated when they see animal abuse being committed.

The world and how humans align to things aren't black and white. You yourself for make or live your life in a black or white way.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

"Cats can fall from relatively big heights safely so it's okay to throw them around"

Basically what you just said, and it's extremely stupid and disturbing.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Twitch doesn't see a cut of cash donations via PayPal, which I'd wager are the majority she receives compared to bits. I don't really follow her though, so maybe I'm wrong on that. I've always seen "tips/donations" as the primary driver over bits though. Is she the exception to that situation?
She's also someone who admitted to marrying a guy to get citizenship in Canada and then divorced him as soon as she was clear

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
She seems to be a pretty terrible person from these videos. Get those cats away from her to safety, fuck.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

She gets a ton of bit donations which Twitch get a cut of but like you I don't watch her on a regular basis.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): downplaying animal abuse
Twitch should also ban videos of people eating hamburgers..... Honestly, I hope half the people retweeting put as much thought into the abuse they inflict on hundreds of animals as they did with this one cat.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's just frustrating to watch people get selective when it comes to animal abuse, and not call out or focus on the biggest culprits.

You're making a lot of assumptions to arrive at this conclusion. We don't know anything about the people calling her out, and it should absolutely not be treated as a negative thing that people have empathy toward companion animals. Like im assuming you own a dog, so you're contributing to both the meat industry and greenhouse emissions if I was to go on a completely unnecessary moral tangent, but I wont because its completely irrelevant.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
User Banned (1 month): Misogyny; advocating violence. Junior phase user.
I know what I would do to this B.
It's a shame the cats didn't payback and scratch her face until she lost that sweet face.

Status
Not open for further replies.