• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
If she does get banned it'll be for a week at most. Same with Dr. Disrespect. Twitch will never come down hard on their big money makers. It's clear the rules don't apply

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
So, just an honest question, why did this thread allow animal abuse defenders?
I'm glad it changed and they were told to get a ff perspective, but I'm not stupid. I can see it was allowed the first few pages. Why would anyone allow that, please enlighten me.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The throw looks alot worse than it actually is, she shouldn't be reacting that way to an animal in any case but I have 3 cats that fall less gracefully from higher heights all on their own and they always walk it off like nothing happened. I've been guilty of pushing the cat off the bed in the morning by mistake while fixing sheets half asleep and the result is somewhat similar; 9 out of 10 times the cats back up on the bed in seconds. That being said, that vodka clip is inexcusable and every pet owner should know better.

Deleted member 46922

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
The throw looks alot worse than it actually is, she shouldn't be reacting that way to an animal in any case but I have 3 cats that fall less gracefully from higher heights all on their own and they always walk it off like nothing happened. I've been guilty of pushing the cat off the bed in the morning by mistake while fixing sheets half asleep and the result is somewhat similar; 9 out of 10 times the cats back up on the bed in seconds. That being said, that vodka clip is inexcusable and every pet owner should know better.

What is wrong with you, why would anyone who takes the responsibility of caring for an animal defend this?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
"I shouldnt have gotten frustrated with Milo, but I dropped him on the floor behind my chair. I'm not that strong :P"

Imagine having such a temper that you could harm a companion animal like that, almost as shocking as this piss-poor attempt to downplay animal abuse.

EDIT: Oh, she's been seen kicking her dog when it was annoying one of here cats, too. This isn't some isolated incident, what a vile human being.

Oh come on that's not a kick. It's a tap with an inch thick padded slipper.

I know full on positive reenforcement is the rage these days, but I need to resort to negative punishment in the case of my own dog. Took him to training where we were taught all positive enforcement methods, but even there the trainer said it works on 9/10 dogs. His own dog needs a shock collar for training. A harmless tap, a stern look, a minor vibration or zap from a shock collar does not constitute animal abuse.

The alcohol thing was fucking stupid and throwing her cat behind her is absolutely not okay, but I have no issue what you posted.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Dog "Kick" : Using your toes for a scare jab to get a dog's attention is not kicking a dog you guys. I play box with my dog by weaving and gently tapping him with fists while he boxes back at me. Am I punching my dog? Lock me up bois, absolute abuser here for playing with my dog. It's just getting the dog's attention. Not abuse.

I wonder if some people even have dogs or take theirs to play with other dogs? Ever see two dogs wrestle fighting? Shit gets physical real fast.

My little morkie loves playing with a boston terrier twice his size, and they basically throw each other across the room. Once one of them has had enough, they'll make it known or duck their tail while they regain their composure and come back for more.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
What is wrong with you, why would anyone who takes the responsibility of caring for an animal defend this?

I didn't understand their post as defending it per se, just suggesting it wasn't as bad as it looked. You can recognize someone did something wrong without castigating them. Context is important and it seems like there is no history of abuse and no major injury and she seems contrite.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't understand their post as defending it per se, just suggesting it wasn't as bad as it looked. You can recognize someone did something wrong without castigating them. Context is important and it seems like there is no history of abuse and no major injury and she seems contrite.

I'll probably get banned for this, but I'm kind of sick of people's attitudes. We claim to be a progressive community, but we far too often vote in favor of retribution rather than education and rehabilitation.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty gross, and very unexpected since she generally seems to take very good care of her pets.

People will surprise you with their behavior when they're upset or drunk. If this is how she is or can become, I agree she should have her pets taken away. Even if she's great with them most of the time (I'm guessing she is 99% of the time), the fact that she can take it to this level — even for an instant — means she poses a threat to her pets at all times. A momentary lapse in judgment like this is all that is required to kill or injure a pet, and she is known to love her bottles of alcohol.

She is a repeat offender who has a very long history of doing or saying REALLY stupid shit. Shit that makes you question someone's intelligence, despite appearing to be a fairly nice person. But I suppose if most of us were talking to hundreds of people for 40 hours a week maybe we'd end up saying some really dumb shit along the way too, so most of that can slide. I'd like to think, however, that most of us wouldn't throw out racial epithets or attack animals at all, ever. Am I crazy?

This is such a reasonable take and devoid of vitriol. Well said.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely amazed that some people in here did not know alcohol is bad for your pets. Wow.

I wouldn't have thought so. I never realized they didn't have the mechanism needed to break down alcohol. I would just have assumed it would have affected them proportionally to their weight.

But I always read up on food before so give something foreign to my dog. Simple things like garlic or grapes could make my 11 lbs morkie very sick very fast, so I try to be as educated as possible about the food I give him.

Not that it would ever occur to me to even give a small amount of alcohol to an animal.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Uhhhhhh has anyone seen/posted this yet? Because fucking yikes.

That's legitimately a useful analogy (re: "bitch" used against women vs bitch used by women in a friendly context) if someone's not understanding the difference between words used against a community verses the intent when used within it. The same way it's self-defeating to ban Huckleberry Fin as a book for containing the n-word (because it's use has substance well beyond hate), I don't think a reasonable person would hold this up as an example of hatred/ignorance. If anything, this comes across (certainly in the context of how that Twitter account presents it) as trying to charater-assasination by finding oversimplified, context-devoid words to highlight.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I'll probably get banned for this, but I'm kind of sick of people's attitudes. We claim to be a progressive community, but we far too often vote in favor of retribution rather than education and rehabilitation.
We can't live without punishments, people already run riot in the face of the law - imagine if we never punished anyone or called them out.

But you're right there needs to be better education for people if this behaviour seems to be even remotely acceptable or defensible.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (3 Days): Downplaying Animal Abuse.
a cat can take a fall like that like it's nothing, so the first clip is not nearly as bad as it looks. the one with the alcohol seems like a severe lack of judgment though

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I question the common sense of those pointing out the cat was unharmed.

It's the thought that counts and the thought was bullshit.

c1gar

Oct 31, 2017
If she does this to her cat on camera though I hate to think what happens off camera

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At what point did i defend it? or are you just looking for things to be outraged with?......i literally said nobody should ever have this reaction to an animal in any case...if anything i was pointing out that the vodka clip (which could have literally killed her cat) is far more egregious than the throw (which appears to be getting more attention than the vodka clip from a year ago).

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): downplaying animal abuse over a series of posts in this thread
Sounds like she learned her lesson hopefully.

A lot of people here need to stop pretending to care about animals while calling for all her pets to be taken away. They would likely either be put down or be confined for the rest of their lives. Way worse abuse then anything she has done.

If you actually care about animals you should look at your own participation in animal abuse(eating and using animal products) before acting morally virtuous over a cat being thrown over a chair.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of people here need to stop pretending to care about animals while calling for all her pets to be taken away. They would likely either be put down or be confined for the rest of their lives. Way worse abuse then anything she has done.

If you actually care about animals you should look at your own participation in animal abuse(eating and using animal products) before acting morally virtuous over a cat being thrown over a chair.
By the same token, people need to stop defending her. She's a grown ass woman and should be responsible for the life of the living thing she's chosen to adopt. I noticed you completely ignored the vodka incident too. I don't physically harm my cats, feed them alcohol or support products that use animal testing - I'd say I'm well within my right to call out her disgusting behaviour.

Also unless Canadian law is vastly different from UK law it's more likely that the law will just fine her rather than take them away unless they find further reason to.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017

That we know of. I she does this on camera what does she do when it's shut off?

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
By the same token, people need to stop defending her. She's a grown ass woman and should be responsible for the life of the living thing she's chosen to adopt. I noticed you completely ignored the vodka incident too. I don't physically harm my cats, feed them alcohol or support products that use animal testing - I'd say I'm well within my right to call out her disgusting behaviour.

Also unless Canadian law is vastly different from UK law it's more likely that the law will just fine her rather than take them away unless they find further reason to.
The vodka doesn't change my point at all. If you buy animal products you have participated in way worse animal abuse then anything she has done to her pets in these clips. We have all done horrible shit to animals and should be striving to educate and do better instead of acting morally superior.

That we know of. I she does this on camera what does she do when it's shut off?
This makes no sense. Just making stuff up in your head to justify taking away the pets and likely subjecting them to a much worse life?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The vodka doesn't change my point at all. If you buy animal products you have participated in way worse animal abuse then anything she has done to her pets in these clips. We have all done horrible shit to animals and should be striving to educate and do better instead of acting morally superior.
Lmao "if you ever fed your dog dog food you are as bad as someone that kicks their dogs and gives them toxin!"

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitch doesn't want to ban huge streamers because they bring in the money, if they ban them, those streamers just move onto the next streaming competitor

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Found the Alinity sub.

Twitch doesn't want to ban huge streamers because they bring in the money, if they ban them, those streamers just move onto the next streaming competitor

They ban streamers bigger than her all the time, she just consistently gets away with it for some reason.

Deleted member 46922

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
At what point did i defend it? or are you just looking for things to be outraged with?......i literally said nobody should ever have this reaction to an animal in any case...if anything i was pointing out that the vodka clip (which could have literally killed her cat) is far more egregious than the throw (which appears to be getting more attention than the vodka clip from a year ago).

I really wasn't, at least it wasn't my intention to be. A day later I can see I was upset at the way the first few pages of this thread went. After reading your post a day later, being a bit more calm I admit that comment shouldn't have been directed at you. My sincere apologies.

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao "if you ever fed your dog dog food you are as bad as someone that kicks their dogs and gives them toxin!"

It's telling that you have to make shit up then respond to what I actually said. Giving a dog food for it to survive and be healthy isn't the same as eating meat for pleasure. I'm sure you can figure out why if you think about it for a sec.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
That's some gross whataboutism we have here, well done.

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
That's some gross whataboutism we have here, well done.
That only makes sense if I was trying to defend what she did to her pets. I'm glad she got called out and will hopefully be better. My post only applies to people who happily participate in animal abuse every day and then try to act like they care about animals.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling
That only makes sense if I was trying to defend what she did to her pets. I'm glad she got called out and will hopefully be better. My post only applies to people who happily participate in animal abuse every day and then try to act like they care about animals.
Thank you for calling out animal abuse. All animal abuse needs to be called out, and that includes paying others to abuse animals for your pleasure.

The amount of cognitive dissonance I see in this thread is mind boggling. Sorry users, but you don't care about animals if you pay people to abuse animals on your behalf for your tastebuds.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
My post only applies to people who happily participate in animal abuse every day and then try to act like they care about animals.
The amount of cognitive dissonance I see in this thread is mind boggling. Sorry users, but you don't care about animals if you pay people to abuse animals on your behalf for your tastebuds.

These are really weird fucking posts when just about nobody was doing either of these things in the thread. It just looks like you're trying to stir up shit calling everyone in this thread a hypocrite.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
These are really weird fucking posts when just about nobody was doing either of these things in the thread. It just looks like you're trying to stir up shit calling everyone in this thread a hypocrite.
I'm just against animal abuse, if you don't engage in animal abuse then feel free to join in on being against animal abuse.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even high level twitch employees are asking for a ban at this point...

jxJ3y7l.png

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is Alinity we are talking about she is almost impervious to bans. She should get a 30 day at minimum for this imo but Twitch moderation is run by a fraternity of cliques and clout chasers. You got mods who are friends with certain streamers or have axes to grind with others. It's a very immature and inconsistent group with what seems like very little oversight. Bans are all over the place in term length and are rarely even handed. I am waiting for the expose' of how Twitch is run behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.