• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by rjinaz

"On January 29, 2021, the Parler board controlled by Rebekah Mercer decided to immediately terminate my position as CEO of Parler. I did not participate in this decision," Matze wrote. "I understand that those who now control the company have made some communications to employees and other third parties that have unfortunately created confusion and prompted me to make this public statement."

"I have worked endless hours and fought constant battles to get the Parler site running but at this point, the future of Parler is no longer in my hands," he continued. "I want to thank the Parler employees, the people on Parler and Parler supporters for their tireless work and devotion to the company. They are an amazing group of diverse, hardworking and talented individuals and I have the utmost respect for them. Many of them have become my second family."

www.foxbusiness.com

Parler CEO John Matze says he’s been terminated by board: ‘I did not participate in this decision’

Parler has terminated CEO John Matze, according to a memo Matze sent to staffers that has been obtained by Fox News.

After his social media platform was largely wiped off the web, Parler CEO and co-founder John Matze says he has been fired by his company's own board of directors, according to a memo obtained by Fox News and a text message confirmation he sent to Reuters.

Parler, of course, is the social network that found itself wholly deplatformed after its role in the January 6th riots at the US Capitol. Both Apple and Google removed the app from their app stores after being unsatisfied with the company's attempts to moderate the spread of calls for violence. Amazon decided to terminate the company's AWS website hosting completely. And though Parler did try to sue Amazon, a judge denied a demand for its website hosting to be reinstated.

Today, Matze claims he was terminated by a board led by Rebekah Mercer, and that he had "met constant resistance to my product vision," according to his memo.

Parler does currently have a website again, but it's mostly a timeline of grievances about how the company has been treated unjustly. Matze hasn't posted there since Monda
www.theverge.com

Parler’s CEO has been fired

John Matze is out

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's the point? do they think this will somehow get them back on the android and apple store? that ship has sailed along with all the money invested in it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, has a single interview ever had bigger ramifications for a person/company than this guy's interview with Kara Swisher last month?

It's like a 40 minute interview which coincidentally was taking place at the same time as the Capitol riot, and the CEO basically was like "we don't have any moderation policy other than voting on what's bad, and this doesn't seem that bad." Within hours if it being posted, Apple and google dropped Parler from the store, amazon dropped them for hosting, and then all of their media got copied and is being used by the FBI to prosecute members of the site. And a month later he's out as CEO.

Oct 25, 2017
The platform, name and brand is dead. What purpose does firing this guy serve? Are we sure there isn't some severance/payout shenanigans going on here?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Rebekah Mercer, like oh so many right wing chuds, is a failed actress whose wealth could only buy her a bit role on Xena Warrior Princess and she's making the world pay for her mediocrity with her right wing schemes.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Parler has a "CEO" and a "board"? I was under the impression it was a lemonade stand of a platform.

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont' get the point of Parler? Like when I was on Reddit certain areas of that website are also ridiculously offensive/dangerous/AntiProgressive/"Freedom Of Speech". These bozos need their own app?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I dont' get the point of Parler? Like when I was on Reddit certain areas of that website are also ridiculously offensive/dangerous/AntiProgressive/"Freedom Of Speech". These bozos need their own app?
it's just like with GAB, conservatives REALLY want their own Twitter, but they want it to be as popular as Twitter before moving to it

there's a market for it technically, but as soon as these places get popular, their base actually starts using it and they SHOCKINGLY become bastions of death threats and terrorist planning

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Over the last year or so those social media platforms (probably in anticipation of a Biden win and in fear of regulation) started trying to self regulate and ban the more dangerous/vocal portions of their white suprmacist/nationalist user base, and these people ran to Parlor, until Parlor itself was deplatformed.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Rebekah Mercer, like oh so many right wing chuds, is a failed actress whose wealth could only buy her a bit role on Xena Warrior Princess and she's making the world pay for her mediocrity with her right wing schemes.

if you look up a picture of her without this costume you soon realize how much work this hat is doing.

irri

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Serious question, has a single interview ever had bigger ramifications for a person/company than this guy's interview with Kara Swisher last month?

It's like a 40 minute interview which coincidentally was taking place at the same time as the Capitol riot, and the CEO basically was like "we don't have any moderation policy other than voting on what's bad, and this doesn't seem that bad." Within hours if it being posted, Apple and google dropped Parler from the store, amazon dropped them for hosting, and then all of their media got copied and is being used by the FBI to prosecute members of the site. And a month later he's out as CEO.

It certainly was damning. Kara mostly got out of his way and just let him speak, too. He owned himself.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
LOL Dan Bongino who is an investor in Parler is calling Matze a liar. Letthemfight . gif