• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.rollingstone.com

'Parks and Recreation' Cast Reuniting for One-Off COVID-19 Charity Episode

The cast of 'Parks and Recreation' will reunite for a special one-off episode to raise money for Feeding America's COVID-19 Relief Fund.

Parks and Recreation will return for a special one-off episode featuring the original cast that will air Thursday, April 30th, at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC. The episode will help raise money for Feeding America's COVID-19 Response Fund, which is providing additional assistance to food banks around the country during the pandemic.

The new episode will be set in the present day and center around the attempts of Amy Poehler's Leslie Knope to keep in touch with all her friends and colleagues as they social distance. Along with Poehler, cast members Rashida Jones, Chris Pratt, Nick Offerman, Rob Lowe, Aziz Ansari, Adam Scott, Aubrey Plaza, Jim O'Heir and Retta will appear in the episode. A press release teased that "special guest stars from the Pawnee universe may pop in" as well.

In a statement, Parks and Rec creator Mike Schur said, "Like a lot of other people, we were looking for ways to help and felt that bringing these characters back for a night could raise some money. I sent a hopeful email to the cast and they all got back to me within 45 minutes. Our old Parks and Rec team has put together one more 30-minute slice of (quarantined) Pawnee life and we hope everyone enjoys it. And donates!"

Parks and Recreation fans can donate to Feeding America through this website. State Farm and Subaru of America will both make matching donations of $150,000, which will be combined with donations from NBCUniversal and the writers, producers and cast of Parks and Rec to bring the total of matching donations to $500,000.

Sorry for the crazy title but I tried to answer the questions of 'how, who, why, when, what' up there.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Damn no parks and rec reaction gifs yet? Y'all slippin
tenor.gif

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yooo! My favorite show getting another episode?? Anyone know if this will also hit Hulu or somewhere else tonight? Don't have cable any more but wanna watch this asap.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that feels like it will be weird is that the couples won't be like, in the same house, presumably they will have their own screens in whatever zoom call this takes place in

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
The cynical part of me wonders if NBC is using this as a litmus test for interest in a revival on Peacock (which, despite my love for the show, I don't want--it ended perfectly). But nonetheless, this is adorable and so exciting.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how they'll handle none of the three married couples being together.

Chris would definitely self-isolate from Anne.

Leslie would likely demand that she and Ben work separately to get more accomplished.

Andy and April would be the only difficult one to write around. You could just have them swap places or maybe green-screen one of them behind the other's shoulder.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Chris would definitely self-isolate from Anne.

Leslie would likely demand that she and Ben work separately to get more accomplished.

Andy and April would be the only difficult one to write around. You could just have them swap places or maybe green-screen one of them behind the other's shoulder.
They can say that one of April or Andy got it but is asymptomatic (probably Andy by doing something stupid), so they're keeping separate.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I can only imagine how Chris will be LITerally losing his damn mind during a pandemic lol

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
They should do this with other shows every week. Tina Fey already wrote that treatment for how 30 Rock would be handling things.

The Office would be an obvious one. I can't remember how everyone wound up after the finale, but it would be easy to come up with a quick reason for Michael to have everyone on a conference.

Hell, if they wanted to go back to Friends or something, I'm sure people would be stoked. I hate Friends, but still...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They should do this with other shows every week. Tina Fey already wrote that treatment for how 30 Rock would be handling things.

The Office would be an obvious one. I can't remember how everyone wound up after the finale, but it would be easy to come up with a quick reason for Michael to have everyone on a conference.

Hell, if they wanted to go back to Friends or something, I'm sure people would be stoked. I hate Friends, but still...

Looking forward to the Breaking Bad social distancing episode.