• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My dog is named after a Paul Simon song.

Our daughter is not named after a book but she shares her name with a popular children's book title.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, we were really big fans of The Apprentice, and boy did that age poorly.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
My wife and I named our son Logan, after Wolverine. His nickname is Bub.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
My elder child's grandfather shares a first name with my favorite musician, so I got to stealth it.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
My son is named after my favorite science fiction author's signature character, with his middle name being my favorite X-Man.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of my kids is named after our lord and savior Carly Rae Jepson.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Yup, partly. My son is half-Japanese and we live in Japan so the first priority was giving him a first name that works in both English and Japanese. I've got two comic book characters that meant the world to me growing up and we incorporated those names to give my son his first and middle name. His first name is very common in Japan so he won't stick out with it. He doesn't have a middle name on his Japanese passport, but he does have one on his US passport. His middle name is Parker.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
What kind of coil boi or grill
Corn Snake
Mrurdsy.jpg

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very clever. I meant more pop culture stuff. But yeah, the actual Hebrew meanings of a lot of those biblical names are pretty funny. "Michael" for instance..is a rhetorical question - "who is like god?"..

(As far as I recall)
I don't think the question mark is part of it. Or at least it's not clear, and the archangel Michael's name both implies that he's the most like God and also that no one is like God.

On thread topic, though, I guess Mission: Impossible, too.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
My best friend named his daughter Aeris. She is now 18 and with the rerelease of the game I imagine she is getting a lot of talk about her name lol. And no, the mom didn't know it was from a videogame character.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
One kid is from Field of Dreams, another from Catcher in the Rye, another from Anne of Green Gables, and the last from my sister's mind, after my wife and I couldn't come up with anything lol.