• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey folks,

I'm lost on what to do with the kids this summer. I have an 8 year old, and for summer we usually have a combination of summer camps, family trips, and maybe swimming lessons. All three are not possible/available this summer.

So I searched online for summer online activities for kids and I found this list on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/cnn-underscored/online-summer-camps-classes/index.html

Not sure about any of them as I've never heard of any of them. So I thought I'd ask what other parents are doing for young kids.

I'm also struggling to find stuff for my 3 year to do. She'll only do numbers, letters, coloring, or watching TV for so long. It's harder to keep her busy.

Any input is appreciated.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Got a seven year old and the struggle is real. He had a soccer camp planned, but that was canceled. Going to take him on a gold panning expedition soon...

Just winging it really, trying to keep the screen time limited.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I did a home based camp a couple years ago when we were stuck at home because of medical reasons. I'm going to be doing the same this year.

I set up activities like hiking, back yard camping, fishing, archery. This year I'm doing those and adding some more (slingshot shooting, axe throwing, etc)

I made up some tshirts with iron on transfers. They get a little "merit badge" made with a button maker after each activity and at the end of it they got a little trophy i had ordered.

GiJose

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds delightful! I'm hopeful the playgrounds open up soon so my 2 year old can have an outlet. Splash pads would be nice too