• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Christmas presents received in a stocking be wrapped?

• Yes - the spirit of Christmas must endure.

Votes: 49 77.8%
  • No - think of the environment you total jerk.

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, need some help to settle an argument with the wife here.

When I was kid and I got my stocking Christmas morning, presents in the stocking were ALWAYS wrapped, because they're from Santa/Father Christmas.

My wife is telling me that they should never be wrapped, which I think is just bonkers.

As a kid, I LOVED being allowed to rip it all open with zero parental supervision, and I want Father Christmas to provide that same joy to my kids.

So what say you Era? Wrapped stocking presents or unwrapped?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
kids love to unwrap presents. let them have their thing. i'm positive that there is environmentally safe wrapping paper.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
My parents never wrapped the stocking stuff. It was just candy, Pokemon Cards, and a pair of nail clippers every year. All the other presents were certainly wrapped.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Never heard of "Father Christmas" before. As for Santa's gifts - wrapped, ofc.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Our Santa gifts were never wrapped, we would always just wake up and see separate piles of toys (one for me, and one for my brother) from Santa. So we could always wake up early, and play with all that stuff, then when the adults would get up, we could all open the presents that were wrapped under the tree from family members.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So it's more my family tradition versus hers I suppose. It's not to save the environment or anything, I'm just kidding around)

Yea so this was my whole thing. If you want to be environmentally conscience or something, don't wrap them, it makes sense!

If that doesn't change anything, I would say wrap them. Upto you tho. I thought it was uncommon but maybe not?

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Presents from Santa? We've never wrapped presents from Santa. Wrapped presents are from parents and siblings.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so this is one of those threads where the question in the title doesn't match the poll question.

The answers are

1. Presents from Santa get wrapped just like any other present.

2. presents in the stocking don't need to be wrapped.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We wrap presents from us, but not the presents from Santa. Those are out under the tree ready for play on Christmas morning.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
All of the presents I got were wrapped, but I think it's fine to leave the stuff that goes in the stocking as is.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Yeah, they should be wrapped. Santa drops them off, but he doesn't have time to wrap them all, that's a job for mum and dad. Ripping open presents is great fun, part of the experience. Recycle the paper, and it's all good.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
My stocking stuff was never wrapped, only presents outside

Also I wasn't allowed to open anything without parental supervision, whether it was fron Santa or not

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Stocking presents were never wrapped
All other gifts were.

I don't think people are properly reading the question